#81 Inkerlink

Inkerlink

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:05

Isn't this fixed in the just released 3.0.3 patch?

I gave the new patch a shot, and I did get some new lines while Zoe is being brought into the enclave for interrogation from Lihko, Enu and Shepard, and they DO say they knew of Na'ane's betrayal...... but then Na'ane is still standing in her room, and Kian still says he kept her secret? Is that right? They say she is in a cell but she is standing in her room, and I don't see any bars. And the way Kian words it could be interpreted as he not giving away her secret, and she did herself, but it can also be easily understood as being that her secret is still safe. So, either it's still bugged or I'm not understanding the course of events.

#82 April-An

April-An

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 13:07

I chose to kiss Anna, and I also told to the truth to Queenie. It removed me from the experience / story quite a lot having these characters accuse me of doing the opposite. I didn't bother going back and replaying the second chapter though, I am wondering if these choices (which I didn't make) will have later impact on the story? If so perhaps I will... I was relatively disappointed with Book 3, but perhaps this was a big factor.

#83 erikw

erikw

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 14:10

Hi
Now I´m just so confused. HOW can I find out weather or not I´m affected by this? Book 2 was quite a while ago.I haven´t got a clue what version of book 2 I downloaded back then. Is there any logfile anywhere in Windows that can tell me eaxacty what version I installed back then? Some trace of book 2 that isn´t just overwritten later?
I can´t play book 3 all over again just to be sure. Then I will remember too much of the game and be forced wait 10 years or something like that before I replay the game with different choices. I´ve saved screenshots of the recaps in the end of each book, but if i have understood this correctly, that recap won´t reflect correctly what is actually stored and "remembered" in book 3.
I wrote and email and asked about this adn some other things 2015-12-13, but I didn´t get an answer.
I have only downloaded from Humble. Has there ever been any versions on Humble affected by this?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

#84 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 December 2015 - 16:08

Hm...As far as I know there isn't any sort of log file that would tell you what version of Book Two you played and I don't remember when which versions were on Humble. (Sorry)

If you already played Book Three you should know if your saves were messed up, though. The game wouldread as though you lied to Queenie and did not kiss Anna regardless of what choices you made. If you either made those choices originally or didn't notice the game reading them wrong when you played Book Three then you should be fine. 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#85 erikw

erikw

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:16

Hm...As far as I know there isn't any sort of log file that would tell you what version of Book Two you played and I don't remember when which versions were on Humble. (Sorry)

If you already played Book Three you should know if your saves were messed up, though. The game wouldread as though you lied to Queenie and did not kiss Anna regardless of what choices you made. If you either made those choices originally or didn't notice the game reading them wrong when you played Book Three then you should be fine. 

When I played I collected screenshots of the recaps in the end of Book Two, the beginning of Book Three and the end of Book Three.
In the beginning of Book Three It says "Anna cought me off-guard and kissed me. I didn´t pull away.."   If I understand you correctly that means that everything in the game has to be saved correctly? (I don´t remember for sure whether I let her kiss Kian or not. I thought I didn´t but the game says I did)

#86 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:22

Yeah. You should be fine, then. 

The error with that choice was that it was reading that you did not kiss Anna, even if you did. So if your save says you did, then you were not experiencing this bug. 

It's possible rather than choosing to kiss her you let the timer run out? I know if you do that, it defaults to Kian hesitating and getting kissed. 

But yeah. Either way, if that's what the save says, you should be fine. 

#87 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 January 2016 - 13:22

It's possible rather than choosing to kiss her you let the timer run out? I know if you do that, it defaults to Kian hesitating and getting kissed. 

Actually no, the timer running out defaults to there not being any kiss currently.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#88 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 13:29

Actually no, the timer running out defaults to there not being any kiss currently.

Does it? I've never let it run out but I expected the opposite. Since it's more like react/don't react, I thought that not reacting in time would have him stay there.

#89 erikw

erikw

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 14:12

Yeah. You should be fine, then. 

The error with that choice was that it was reading that you did not kiss Anna, even if you did. So if your save says you did, then you were not experiencing this bug. 

Ok, thanks. Happy new year!

#90 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 January 2016 - 15:24

Does it? I thought the opposite for some reason... Clearly can't keep things straight anymore.

Meh.

#91 aileron

aileron

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:56

My saved game from book two is not carrying over to three. I can confirm by replaying last minutes with Zoe in book two that all the right choices are saved but they don't carry over after the interlude. I bought this game a week ago so I don't imagine I'm running the wrong version unless steam has not updated their versions.

Oh yea I'm on a steam version of the game.

All of a sudden I didn't kiss Anna and I'm gay, I spent a lot of time making choices and don't wish to restart. Isn't there a way to bump the save file for book three so it knows your choices.

This upsets me terribly as I have no desire to replay a whole level when my saves clearly state correctly what choices I made. I've had enough fun doing redoes. 

Also I can't find anyway to find out in book three what choices I did make.

#92 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:57

What makes you certain that your choices aren't carrying over? The choice with Anna has no bearing on Kian's sexuality. So if that's the only thing you're noticing, then it's not a save issue.

Is there something else that's going on with your game? Or some other choice that's clearly messed up? 

As of right now, there is no way to pull up a list of every choice you've made. You can load up the end of a previous game and watch the end choice recap, but that's about it. 

If you are definitely having a glitch, then I'd recommend possibly starting a thread in the Community Help subforum so we can get some more information and help troubleshoot. :)

#93 aileron

aileron

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:11

Bummer, definitely ruins the story with Anna. So that was the only reason I thought that my saves weren't working. 

#94 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 20:53

Bummer, definitely ruins the story with Anna. So that was the only reason I thought that my saves weren't working. 

Not sure how that ruins the story with Anna.....

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#95 aileron

aileron

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 21:13

As in no little apostles in their future?

#96 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 21:45

Ah. I read your post differently. I thought it was your intention to be gay.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, B3 Choice bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users