95 replies to this topic

#61 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 17:38

Send me PM with an email address, I'll send you the patch from GOG if you don't want to wait.

Edit: Not sure if it will work since it's a GOG installer, but maybe worth a try.

#62 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 17:43

Will the GOG patch work with the Humble Bundle version? 

I'm not saying it won't. I'm just curious because I have no idea how the files are packaged. And if that does work, it's useful information. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#63 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 July 2015 - 17:51

I've looked all over the forum and YouTube for the answer to this question, but is Na'ane supposed to survive if you confront her privately and decide to tell everyone, anyway? The beginning of Book Three tells me she's alive and Enu asks if Kian knows what's wrong with Na'ane because she seems to be 'acting weird,' so it doesn't sound like everyone knows. I reloaded my last save from Book Two and did everything as instructed, but this problem still remains. I can't tell if this is a glitch or if Kian only told Shepherd about it. I'd rather not have to replay all of Book Two just to find out that there wasn't a glitch after all. Please help?

I confronted her privately and didn't tell anyone. Then got the 'acting weird' dialogue, which makes sense in my case, as nobody knew her secret, and Na'ane wasn't imprisoned.

#64 Anesha154

Anesha154

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 18:21

I had read that RTG had already send the patch to humble, so I'm not frustrated with them at all. I was just curious if anyone knew why humble doesn't seem to do anything with it. I'll just wait patiently until I can finally replay book three ;)

Thanks for the offer crowboy, but I'm afraid I would't know how to make that patch work with my humble version.

#65 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 July 2015 - 20:17

Are we sure it's not there yet? I thought maybe it was.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#66 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 20:26

My HB file says the last update was June 26th, which is when Book Three went live in HB. So my assumption is no?

• khh likes this

#67 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 21:08

I don't know if it will work or not.

I guess it will only fail to work if GOG added some protection that the game has to be installed before applying the patch.

If any HB user would like to try it out and report, PM me and I'll send you the patch.

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#68 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:07

I don't know if it will work or not.

I guess it will only fail to work if GOG added some protection that the game has to be installed before applying the patch.

If any HB user would like to try it out and report, PM me and I'll send you the patch.

I don't think the GOG installer will be able to find the Humble game files. The installer will look for the specific GOG Registry entries, for the installed version and location. Those Registry entries would be absent. GOG also likes to have it's own unistaller and ".dat" files. You may be able to manually install the files by coping, but I suspect the "game.exe" will not function properly.

#69 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:37

If anyone wants to give it a shot... Maybe there's a way to extract the installer and get the files to manually copy it.

Edit: Seems like it is possible http://constexpr.org/innoextract/

#70 Anesha154

Anesha154

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:49

A new version has finally been released on Humble. I can finally start replaying book three :)  

• Tina, khh, Mr Moo and 1 other like this

#71 Inkerlink

Inkerlink

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:23

Any word on a release date for the next patch that fixes the Na'ane issue?

#72 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:39

Any word on a release date for the next patch that fixes the Na'ane issue?

Isn't this fixed in the just released 3.0.3 patch?
  • khh likes this

#73 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:05

The latest patch (released the 17th on Steam, not sure about GOG/Humble) does say it fixed "Script/logic updates in some conversations" at least. I interpreted that to be the Na'ane issue (+ a few other similar things that have come up).

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#74 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:57

I think Na'ane issue was reported after the first patch was ready, but I'm not sure, I could be wrong.

#75 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:14

Yet, it was. But the recent patch is the second patch.

The first patch (released soon after initial release) fixed the bugged Anna choice etc, the things that was written in the original post of this topic. This didn't fix the Na'ane issue etc.

But this second patch should do that (this is the link to the Steam announcement).

Edit: Humble says it has an updated file from the 18th of July, so it should be updated there as well. (or, at least hopefully it contains both new patches, since the inital patch seems to have taken a looooong time to show up on Humble, and I'm not quite updated on this, I think). I suppose it could be confirmed by someone using Humble. If it contains French subtitles, it should be the latest patch.

• agirlnamedbob, Mr Moo and Crowboy like this

#76 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 16:54

Yeah, I was looking at the GOG part of the table. There the only patch was 3.0.1 so from there the confusion arose.

Thanks for clarifying.

#77 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 July 2015 - 18:39

Yeah, I'm thinking that it should probably say at least 3.0.2 on the GOG part of the table in the patch notes thread (which I assume would be the "fix anna choice etc" patch). But I don't want to change it without being certain, so..

#78 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 July 2015 - 19:31

Yeah, I'm thinking that it should probably say at least 3.0.2 on the GOG part of the table in the patch notes thread (which I assume would be the "fix anna choice etc" patch). But I don't want to change it without being certain, so..

3.0.1 is the patch fixing the Anna choice & more. There isn't any public 3.0.2 patch.

• Tina likes this

#79 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 20:07

I just checked GOG.  Latest patch is up with the french subtitles, although it doesn't mention any other changes.  Patch 3.0.3.0

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, Mr Moo and 1 other like this

#80 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 July 2015 - 20:13

Okay, cool. Thanks for the info. I updated the patch info thread to reflect that. Someone let me know if that's incorrect, though. 

Did anyone confirm that the Humble update contains both patches? The table was updated with that info, but I wasn't sure it was confirmed. 

• khh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, B3 Choice bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users