Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:04

Spoiler

#42 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7061 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:40

So my saves from the unpatched book 2 version are fine to use, yes?

But yeah, as far as I know your saves should be fine. 

Didn't you have to replay from the last save in Book 2 so the game wrote a new StoryFlags.data?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#43 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:45

Didn't you have to replay from the last save in Book 2 so the game wrote a new StoryFlags.data?

I... Don't... Know?

I'm still a little unclear about what was fixed in the patch and what needs to be done to "fix" your game.

Anyone who's gone back and replayed care to confirm what they did and how it worked?

Edit: Though even if you do, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use your saves from unpatched book two to do that.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#44 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:52

The game needs to create a new storyflags file with fixed variables for all the decisions you made.

it was basicly bugged in the first book 2 release and if you have savegames from that "era", they are bugged as well (didn't have the correct story flags carried with them).

If you played 2.0.1 up until the moment the "buggy story flag" is acchieved (namely kissing anna) you'd be good to go 

For me personally, I DIDN't kiss anna in the first run, I only did in the second run but then the patch already came out  so the correct flags carried over.(it was a few days later than release)

So all I had to do yesterday was to replay the last save file from book 2 of that "kiss anna" playthrough I did back then, and it was fixed for me.

In the other case, if you kissed her and you played that part with initial release, you need to play the game from before that point now (with fixed version) in order to have save files carrying over the correct decision.

Hope I could make it clear to you in my very verbose style of explaining :)

• Morten likes this

#45 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:53

From what i understood, you had to reload the last save, before the explosion, finish book 2 and then start book 3, but some people with book 2 unpatched saves still got the bug and the patch is supposed to fix that. I just wanted clarification to make sure i understood correctly because i don't feel like replaying the whole book 2 from the start.

#46 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 June 2015 - 16:03

Yes, as the other people are saying, you need to play the last save (from Nela) and finish Book2 once more (with the patched version).

Apparently what happens is that the new patch will then check the bugged choices, to see if they are written correctly - and if not, they are changed to the correct ones in the storyflags file. At least that's how I understood it when Morten tried to explain the choice system to me yesterday :P

Also, (I hope I'm allowed to say this), there are 6 things that bugged out. The Anna-kiss is the most important. The Queenie one is the other main one (it's perhaps not so important for the story later on, at least much less than the Anna choice), and then there were some other minor things that only affect some dialogue lines (didn't get to know exactly which, but I got the impression it wasn't too big of a deal).

I feel that the more I know about how the choice system works, the more confident I am in regards to my parallel playthroughs. And what files contain different mechanics etc. In any case, the thing I found to be the most important to know was how the storyflags file is basically just for transferring choices from one book to the other (for the "start new book" thing), while each savegame stores all the choices made up to that point.

• Morten, khh and thelj like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#47 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 27 June 2015 - 16:13

oh yeah, I'm sure that I was honest to queeny in my second playthrough and she still said in book 3 she's dissapointed, damnit :P I think the patch must have been released around the time I was with queenie :)

#48 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 16:26

The Anna-kiss is the most important.

Huh? Kiss or no kiss, what's the difference? Isn't Kian gay? And in book 3 he made himself clear that he's not interested. Unless the kissy people got different dialogue and Anna has misunderstood and thinks she has a shot. Still, i can't imagine anything important that has to do with Anna's one sided crush.  :blink:

Anyway, let's wait and see...

#49 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 17:11

I think most important in this case means "changes the most things" or "carries forward even further."

Kian being gay doesn't mean that your choice there will have no consequences. It can still shape their relationship. And all of her intentions with you.
  • Tina likes this

#50 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 22:21

Anyone know if the update is out on GOG yet?  I'm having a hard time telling.

#51 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:22

Can we get a confirmation that the patch has been sent out to non-Steam platforms? (Humble / GOG) People with the GOG version are reporting the bug as well, so I just want to make sure since there's no patch on GOG yet. 

#52 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:57

Nothing on my account.

Hope RTG can talk to GOG and sort this out asap.

I'm guessing GOG are still "validating" the patch whatever that means

#53 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:41

The updated version has been sent out to all third party distributors at the same time. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything but wait until they manage to get it up on their servers.

The patch was finished and sent off Friday afternoon of last week, so that was just about too late for them to upload it before the weekend. 

• agirlnamedbob, khh and Crowboy like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#54 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:17

Morten, is there a way you can query GOG ask them why the patch is not up yet?

#55 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 June 2015 - 13:37

The updated version has been sent out to all third party distributors at the same time. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything but wait until they manage to get it up on their servers.

The patch was finished and sent off Friday afternoon of last week, so that was just about too late for them to upload it before the weekend. 

Cool! That's what I thought, people were just asking if we knew for sure when it was sent and I wasn't really sure, so I wanted to confirm. That way I can tell people that it's on GOG / Humble, so they know who to direct their queries and complaints to. ;) 

Thanks!

#56 ahlisa

ahlisa

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 21:24

I've looked all over the forum and YouTube for the answer to this question, but is Na'ane supposed to survive if you confront her privately and decide to tell everyone, anyway? The beginning of Book Three tells me she's alive and Enu asks if Kian knows what's wrong with Na'ane because she seems to be 'acting weird,' so it doesn't sound like everyone knows. I reloaded my last save from Book Two and did everything as instructed, but this problem still remains. I can't tell if this is a glitch or if Kian only told Shepherd about it. I'd rather not have to replay all of Book Two just to find out that there wasn't a glitch after all. Please help?

#57 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 July 2015 - 21:25

Hey ahlisa, 

That's a separate bug. Sorry for not reposting Morten's reply about that in this thread. Here's what he had to say about it, though. 

We've seen some complaints about the Na'ane choice not being logged correctly. We have investigated and indeed found that the dialogue in the game (beginning of Book Three) is not reporting the correct consequence for your choice.
This is only if you chose to not out Na'ane in front of the Rebels, but instead talked to her in private and convinced her to turn herself in.
There are so many permutations that we missed this in our testing. Our deepest apologies.

In short: Your choices were recorded correctly, and there's no need to replay anything. The issue is limited to how some lines are triggered in this particular episode.  :)

We're fixing this for the upcoming patch of course and it won't be an issue in upcoming episodes. Also, the larger consequences of this choice will not play out until Book Four/Five, so you won't have missed anything important.  :)
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

So...In short, they're aware of it, they're fixing it in the next patch, and it won't require a replay to make sure your choice is correctly logged.

• Tina, Crowboy, Moto200 and 1 other like this

#58 ahlisa

ahlisa

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 21:43

Thanks so much for the quick response! :) I'll probably wait it out until then; I'm curious as to what the new lines will be.

• agirlnamedbob and Crowboy like this

#59 Anesha154

Anesha154

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 17:17

Does anyone know why the patch to fix this bug hasn't been released on humble yet?

#60 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 17:31

No idea. Humble Bundle takes their sweet time with stuff like this and they don't really have a great patch system in place. 

Red Thread said the patch has been sent, so I'd try contacting Humble Bundle and see if they know what the hold up is. :( Sorry, I know it's frustrating, but there isn't much RTG can do after they send off the files. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, B3 Choice bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users