#21 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:45

ah, but about retroactivity, I was ofcourse only talking about the achievement. 

I've got the intended savegame ready to play through the end of book 2 again to avoid that buggy choice with anna :)

#22 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:48

Yeah, I thought that he was talking about unlocking the achievement. 

Not sure how it'll work with the choices thing. I'm trying to figure out if I think that the Queenie choice will have continued repercussions and if I'm committed to it enough to go back and replay if that's what needs to be done. 

I mean. ...Probably. Who am I kidding. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#23 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:54

Yeah sorry. My last reply was specifically with regards to unlocking the achievement.

It should be sufficient to reload the savegame in the Tunnels/Warehouse and finishing that part of the game. Upon loading into Journeyman Inn the achievement should already be unlocked.

Sometimes you will have to quit the game for Steam to sync achievements correctly and unlock it. :)

This is after the update is released of course. Coming very soon. Today.

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#24 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:54

Aah, okay, I'm confused by all the posts here, sorry. Not reading all the previous posts is not a smart thing to do.

With the achievement, it shouldn't be so hard though. Just load up a savegame and finish that part, I guess (though I don't know how many saves were saved during that warehouse session), and then quit?

And yes, I'm also thinking about the queenie thing. Especially since my other playthrough has the "lie to Queenie" choice. Hmm, maybe I can rather go back and change that in the second playthrough. Even though the "not lie" is my cannon, I'm not sure if I'm enough invested to play all of Book 3 again just for that choice to register properly.

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#25 The Luggage

The Luggage

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 June 2015 - 19:15

I noticed that the patch was released on steam and tried it. It seems to have fixed the problem for me, the summary in the beginning of book 3 is completely correct now.

Thank you for the quick fix!

Now off to explore the interlude :)

• agirlnamedbob, Artephius and Mr Moo like this

#26 Zjarcal

Zjarcal

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 19:38

Thanks for the fix! Won't mind replaying the whole thing, twas great (and pretty short once you know what do anyway).

#27 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 19:40

I see GOG updated the version number to be book 3 friendly, but no patch there. Is it embedded and requires a full redownload again, or is it not up on GOG yet?

#28 cerb998

cerb998

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 19:54

Same here, waiting on GOG fix.

#29 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 19:56

I would hope that GOG would release it as a patch. I think RTG sent it out late, though, so I'm guessing it's just not on GOG yet. Not positive, though.

#30 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 20:07

Is it just the kissing Anna and telling Queenie choice that's affected, or are other choices affected as well?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#31 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 20:08

I think it's just those two. Those are the only two I've seen reported.
  • khh and Crowboy like this

#32 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 21:48

I think it's just those two. Those are the only two I've seen reported.

If that's the case I probably won't bother correcting my Book Three play through. Maybe.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#33 Loveliest

Loveliest

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 21:54

Than you! I'm ok with replaying book 3. I think the patch is in, I'll go check it out.

#34 cerb998

cerb998

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 22:48

Is there any news about the patch on gog? Any reason why we can't get the patch on forums?

#35 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 23:03

The team doesn't have any way of hosting / distributing the patch. They rely on the storefronts / distributors to get patches to customers. That's actually pretty common (though understandably annoying when you can't get the patch.) 

The patch went up late on Steam, so if it was sent to GOG after their working hours, it probably won't get added for a bit yet. Given past records, it could be Monday since we're looking at a weekend here. Unfortunately. :( Sorry.

Though if you didn't kiss Anna and you didn't tell Queenie about your suspicions, you shouldn't have an issue playing without the patch, as far as I know. 

• khh likes this

#36 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 26 June 2015 - 23:50

I'll add this bug report here as it may be related. But since they're all somewhat related the nightmare is identifying what's related to what!

Anyway:

I got version 3.0.1 from Humble. But then I got the "not kiss Anna" bug. So I tried to find a previous save to meet Anna again but it's hard to tell which saved game is where, plus I forget when exactly this quest appears, so I ended up loading a save from before the very first time I even met her.

That's ok, I'm enjoying playing this again anyway. So now I've done the dream bit with Abnaxus and Zoe's back in her apartment. But then suddenly she's clothed when she stands up and I get control. And when I try to go out she says she won't go out in her scuds. So I go back to the wardrobe, already clothed, and click on it so the game also knows she's clothed. And all is well.

So it's a minor thing but may be related.

#37 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 14:41

I have the Queenie bug. It doesn't bother me all that much, but since i decided to replay from Kian's part because of the tools fiasco, i might as well go ahead and fix the Queenie part too.

My saves are from the first version of book 2, unpatched. Does it matter?

I don't see a separate patch on GOG and the 3 files are now named 3.0.0.3. Do i have to download the whoooole thing again, or is a patch coming?

#38 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 14:49

I'm pretty sure the patch isn't out on GOG / Humble yet. 

It was released pretty late on Friday, so I'm guessing GOG won't have it up until Monday. But I can't confirm that. 

• khh and thelj like this

#39 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:00

I'm pretty sure the patch isn't out on GOG / Humble yet. 

It was released pretty late on Friday, so I'm guessing GOG won't have it up until Monday. But I can't confirm that. 

So, it's going to be a separate patch? Ok, phew! No rush, whenever it comes out is fine with me.

So my saves from the unpatched book 2 version are fine to use, yes?

#40 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:03

I can't promise that. But GOG did release the other patches as patches, IIRC. Just the books have been new installs. 

But GOG makes that call, not RTG, from what I've been told. 

But yeah, as far as I know your saves should be fine. 

• thelj likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, B3 Choice bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users