95 replies to this topic

#1 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:33

Some of you have reported wrong/missing choices going from Book Two to Book Three (e.g. whether or not Kian kissed Anna). Our tech guys were flummoxed and spent most of last night trying to figure this out. They weren't able to reproduce it on our own PCs, couldn't find any bugs with the game logic, and many players also reported NOT having the problem, which made it more difficult to pin down — but we believe we may finally have an answer now. (Sleep helps!)

The issue is related to the FIRST version of Book Two (2.0) that was released to Steam on March 12th. Anyone who played this version only, not later versions (2.0.1 and up), may have ended up with some choices not being properly recorded at the end of the book.

Since we've only been testing Book Three with patched versions of the game (v3.+) we never caught this. We apologise for that.

So what's the solution? Luckily, we WILL be able to fix this quite easily — although it will require you to reload a saved game and replay the last few minutes of Book Two before embarking on Book Three (again). We're working on a patch/fix that will record your B2 choices properly and carry those forward into subsequent episodes.

Hopefully, this fix will be available very, very soon. We will, of course, keep you updated.

If you encountered this bug and do NOT want to wait for a fix, the only safe solution right now is to replay Book Two. We know that's not ideal, and we are working on a fix, but if you can't wait, this will ensure that all your choices are correct.

If you played Book Two using a patched version of v2 (2.0.1 and up) you shouldn't have any problems with story flags at all. Do keep in mind that the recap at the start of Book Three isn't as granular as some of the choices actually are, so it may not properly outline all of your decisions in previous books — your choices were still recorded.

We apologise again to those of you who encountered this issue. It was a hard bug to catch, and the multiple reports and save-files you guys sent us helped narrow it down. Thanks for your help, patience and support — we'll keep you updated on the incoming fix.

Team RTG

• agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen, khh and 9 others like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#2 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:36

Thanks for the update! Is there a hotfix/patch incoming? Its not a huge task to replay book 2, but just figured Id ask anyway.

#3 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:40

Yes, as mentioned we will publish an update that will require people with this bug to only load the last savegame of Book Two (following Nela). Doing this will then try to verify your decisions/choices, so that you won't have to replay the whole Book. :)

We'll update as soon as there is a new version available. :)

• TheDreamer likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#4 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:46

Impressive that you found it at all! This one was a slippery bugger :-D

• Morten likes this

#5 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:50

I wouldn't mind if someone posts a clip or transcript of what Queenie says (in book 3) after you'd told her the truth in book two
I don't -think- anything else changes drastically later on as a result from what I heard on the lie conversation so I'm cool avoiding restarting the chapter, at least not until I choose to replay
  • agirlnamedbob and Tarquinius like this

#6 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:52

Great news. It wasn't game breaking, but I wanted to see the result of my choices. Since I'm only doing one playthrough until all books are out, I want to stick with those choices till the end.

That's probably also why I was playing on 2.0. 2.0.1 came out after I finished the single playthrough

• Morten likes this

#7 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:53

I wouldn't mind if someone posts a clip or transcript of what Queenie says (in book 3) after you'd told her the truth in book two
I don't -think- anything else changes drastically later on as a result from what I heard on the lie conversation so I'm cool avoiding restarting the chapter, at least not until I choose to replay

Anna's kissing choice is also not recorded properly.

#8 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:54

Anna's kissing choice is also not recorded properly.

Only if you in fact chose to kiss her. :)

If you pulled away in Book Two, this won't affect anything. 

• Edreamer Jamil and Crowboy like this

#9 Naeira

Naeira

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:56

I just reloaded from the part where i had the bug, and played it from there, not the whole book, worked perfectly :)

• Tina likes this

#10 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:59

Only if you in fact chose to kiss her. :)

If you pulled away in Book Two, this won't affect anything. 

Busted... :blush:

• Morten likes this

#11 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2312 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:04

Thank you for your hard work Morten and the rest of the team! :)
  • Crowboy and cerb998 like this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#12 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6103 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:05

The crucial Anna choice was not recorded properly in my game, and I certainly didn't touch any Steam build. She said I rejected her although I clearly didn't. :)

I downloaded and reinstalled the entire game on GOG yesterday (2.6.0.8), so that was the build I was working with. Of course, savegames have been made in a wide variety of builds, essentially through all the builds and all the patches. :mellow:

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#13 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:09

Aah, I did think about this when I played. Was quite sure I'd told her the truth. I probably also only played the first patch version.
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#14 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 26 June 2015 - 14:26

Yeah, I wanted to start my second playtrough as well but I saw the bug, I'm sure I kissed Anna with my second playthrough. So I'm gonna wait for the patch.

As a sidenote, the amount of savegames start to really become a bit chaotic now. If I don't look at the exact date and hour of the filenames, I could get confused and choose the wrong last point  if I'll start book four in the future :)

I guess the best solution for me now is to only keep the last safepoints of a book for each branch that I recorded :)

I'd also like to report an achievement bug

Spoiler

#15 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 14:33

As a sidenote, the amount of savegames start to really become a bit chaotic now.

Another reason why I'm performing a single playthough now :)

#16 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 14:42

I'd also like to report an achievement bug

Spoiler

This should also be fixed in the update we're releasing later today.

• CosmicD and Crowboy like this

#17 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:28

will it retroactively enable ? or do I have to play that bit again ?

#18 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1057 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:35

Unfortunately, you will have to play that again, yes. As they were not hooked up correctly the first time around. 

Sorry about that. :/

#19 Loveliest

Loveliest

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:38

Unfortunately, you will have to play that again, yes. As they were not hooked up correctly the first time around. 

Sorry about that. :/

Wait, I'm confused. What do we have to replay? Just from the end of book 2 or from the kissing part?

#20 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:42

I'm pretty certain Morten means you'll have to play Book 3 again, after loading the last Book 2 save and completing Book 2 (after the patch has release). But not anything else from before the last savegame of Book 2.

If I've understood this correctly; each Book is loaded with a set of choices from the previous book (from the storyflags file). Also, each savegame has its own choices bundled into it. So, since every savegame you've played so far of Book 3 "thinks" you have made the Non-Kiss-Anna choice, you will need to load up Book 3 again with the correct file, in order to generate new later saves with the correct choices (after the patch etc).

But, the last Book 2 savegame does actually "think" you Did-Kiss-Anna, it's just that the choice doesn't register in the storyflags file properly when you finish Book 2 (even though the recap says so). But after the patch, it will.

(disclaimer: some of this may be wrong)

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, B3 Choice bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users