Photo
- - - - -

*Spoilers* Book 3 Help (use this to look for / ask for help)

Book 3Realms Interlude Saga Drawings

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 19:21

Hey SkyPat.

Spoiler

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#102 SkyPat

SkyPat

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 19:29

Ah, totally missed that, thanks a lot!

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#103 Puggity

Puggity

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 18:03

Spoiler

• Lachnummer likes this

#104 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 09 July 2015 - 18:30

Response

Spoiler

• Abbe and Lachnummer like this

#105 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 19:04

@Puggity

I do not like the way access doors, windows, cabinets, drawers, etc. are left open in Adventure games. In the TLJ series, it should be required that April, Zoe, and Kian cover their tracks. One such omission in DF has always bothered me. In DF, Zoe never has to fight - there is always a nonconfrontational solution to every puzzle. However,

Spoiler

• Puggity likes this

#106 Puggity

Puggity

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 19:07

Response

Spoiler

Running around looking for things to click on is the standard fallback strategy. These items were very difficult to highlight and pick up, however. Enough so that standing right in front of them, you could still fail and not know there was an option there.

#107 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3101 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 19:18

Spoiler

Original Dreamfall spoiler:

Spoiler

On DFC: I agree that the pipe fitting inside another bothered me, and so did leaving the pipes open.

#108 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 19:49

Original Dreamfall spoiler:

Spoiler

On DFC: I agree that the pipe fitting inside another bothered me, and so did leaving the pipes open.

I just replayed the section and

Spoiler

#109 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 19:52

Running around looking for things to click on is the standard fallback strategy. These items were very difficult to highlight and pick up, however. Enough so that standing right in front of them, you could still fail and not know there was an option there.

I found the interface awkward. I didn't have a problem with those items, but finding the "hotspot" for some other items took time.

• Puggity likes this

#110 Lachnummer

Lachnummer

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 20:24

Zoё doesn't

Spoiler
I've tried everything. 
Spoiler

Same happended here. Solution in my case: Disconnect a joystick that was also connected.

At least 95% of other games have no problem with additional input devices that they are not configured to use, or at least no one is pushing buttons on. In this case, I suspect that DFC reacts to some analogue axis (throttle perhaps).

It happened to me once that she let go, but then I discovered I was lying on top of my computer mouse (while playing with a controller) :P

My issue was the other way around. :D

It may be worth bringing it up in one of the bugs-threads in the support section. Because it's supposed to work by just "click hand icon - don't move - walk away when done".

That's my expectation for sure. :)

Just in case: Are you playing with a gamepad, whose stick's dead zone may not be correct?

If one axis is *always* "non-zero", it would be very nice if the game told me.

An alternative would be if the game would not blindly accept as many input devices as it finds.
If it finds an input device, it should ask me whether to use it or not.

#111 Katrial

Katrial

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 16:59

In the warehouse part where...

Spoiler

... I noticed at the end of the game it was going through the choices I made and it seemed to think that I made a decision to

Spoiler
, which only 20% of people apparently did, when I believed at the time that this was just a cutscene and no choice was made.

I just played all of book 3 in the last couple of hours straight and it's in the middle of the night so maybe I've just instantly forgotten that there was any dialogue, but I didn't remember there being any option to do anything different, and there definitely wasn't the balance-shift symbol thing for important decisions. Anyone know what I missed?? Was there another way to solve the warehouse puzzle or did I just miss the choice part?

Thanks!

#112 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 30 July 2015 - 17:50

Hmm, I just looked at a youtube video showing the Book 3 "choices recap", and that didn't seem to have anyting related to that part of the game.

I don't think I've heard of any other way to solve it other than using kidbot/shitbot, at least.

But I do know that there are one Steam achievement that you get for using shitbot, and one for kidbot (the "goodbye to x") ones. And I also know that those achievements were bugged when Book 3 came out. Which means, for instance, that I haven't got any of those achievements, even though I should have the shitbot one (which means that the people having those achievements are less than the number of people who have played).

But from what you're writing, it does seem like you are talking about the end screen recap thingie. And I have no idea about that. But since it's related to the same thing as the Steam achievements, maybe there's a common reason? Like, if the ending screen is supposed to show either "let kidbot distract the guard" or "let shitbot distract the guard", but that the trigger for the screen (and statistics) were bugged at release? Or that 80% are playing the Shitbot storyline, but that sounds like too high of a percentage.

(sorry, I don't really know, just thinking out loud :P)

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#113 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3101 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 19:09

I distracted the guard to get to the boxes. That was before having to go out. I think there was another way to get there.

#114 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 July 2015 - 19:35

Oh! I completely forgot, I got that screen, too. Even though I haven't played the Kidbot path yet, and it was actually Shitbot in the warehouse.  :huh:

Attached File  dfc-book3-kidbotchoicescreen.png   232KB   5 downloads

• Tina likes this

#115 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:24

Thanks for posting :) Interesting. Especially since it makes the percentage even less likely. I'm still thinking it's a choice screen that is supposed to show which bot was used (rather than how to solve the puzzle). Now I want to look at what my game says, but that'll have to wait for a bit.
  • Riaise likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#116 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 23:31

I think that screen is only available to those that play "connected".  If you are a Kidbot fan, like myself, it is worth playing the alternate Zoe just to experience Shitbot's redemption.

#117 Njorun

Njorun

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 September 2017 - 22:32

Did they move the drawing "Ancient Evil" in the final cut?? It's not there anymore...

Spoiler

#118 jesters_tear82

jesters_tear82

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 18 September 2017 - 18:45

Hi everyone! I'm now replaying DFC, my second time overall and first time with the final cut. 

Very weird issue - in the chapter with the pipes I stuffed the rat into the open console, the guards

noticed it but didn't move to take care of the dead rat remains.. so I can't get into the house.

am I doing something wrong? 

Looked at playthroughs on youtube and couldm't find a clue - there they had different lines and are no longer by the house.

Please HELP me 

#119 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 18 September 2017 - 23:46

I don't know what you mean by "console" but the place where you need to put the rat is in the open pipe in the corner to back and right-hand-side of the house where you found the sleepy flowers. If that's what you did and it didn't work then sorry I have no idea. Usually in games if you do something right and it doesn't work it's because there's something else you need to do beforehand.

#120 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 19 September 2017 - 00:13

^make sure you over hear their conversation about the rat problem first.

• Mr_Russ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book 3Realms, Interlude, Saga, Drawings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users