#21 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:32

I have a gaming mouse that has buttons on the right-hand side of it, that can be remapped.  Maybe something like that would help? I mean if it's on the right and you can only use your left-thumb, maybe that will work out better?

I think maybe a trackball will work for you - as well - I'm sure that they have them for left handed people, usually the ball itself is how you move the cursor around.  It's on one side of the mouse.  That way you can move the camera around with the trackball and navigate normally.  A lot of them also have different buttons that are in the same are in the same place.

This might work - it looks like it's for either hand...if you only have the left button (I'm going on what I read before), what you could do is mount it and and just use your left thumb to either roll the ball around or push the buttons.  It should work the same as a regular mouse:

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B00NFOLA8Y

You could remap the keys on the top to do the go forward and interact functions and just click them when you need to.

And maybe I misunderstood what you were saying but I took it to mean that you could only use your left thumb at all - and I thought this might work at least while you are in game.

#22 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 21:05

thank you all for your help! 

i bought the game and the controls for running around etc. are actually pretty easy to handle. 

BUT the camera is freaking me out! It's really hard for me to rotate the camera so that i can see where i'm going to. is there a way to automatically focus on the back of the character? any suggestions? 

#23 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 21:22

Kein Knopf, der mir bekannt wäre. :(

Hast du mal versucht, die Maus-Sensitivität hochzudrehen? Mir sind nicht mal die 100% genug, aber dann fällt das 'festzappen' an den Hotspots nicht mehr so furchtbar ins Gewicht.

(translation: I don't know about any such button.

Did you try cranking up the mouse sensitivity? Even 100% aren't enough for me, but then at least the pointer 'zapping onto' hotspots isn't that noticeable any more.)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#24 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 21:27

habe schon alles mögliche bei der sensivität versucht, aber es klappt nicht so richtig. gibt's nicht vielleicht einen mod oder so? 

#25 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 21:46

Ich weiß von Grafik-Mods... aber die helfen hier auch nicht.

Hmmmm. Besitzt du zufällig einen Controller...?

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#26 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 21:47

leider nicht :/

#27 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:20

Morten kindly responded regarding the OP issue first here and then here

Sure, there might be something we can do in the future with perhaps enabling some of the currently "locked" keybindings that makes it possible to reconfigure what controls cameras, or maybe something else.

A mouse with several available keys (like mentioned in the thread linked) might be a solution to be able to bind other actions, not currently controlled by the mouse, to the mouse (goals, journal, etc. as mentioned).

There might also be features that we plan to implement on other platforms that we could maybe consider adding for the PC version as well. One such thing may be something along the lines of auto-pathing to a place clicked. I.e.: Click on a building -> the character will walk there (closest available position relative to point clicked) automatically.

As of now, I cannot go further into how these features would work on a PC/with a mouse.

However, I can't promise anything at this point, and as I mentioned previously; I don't think we'll consider changing core functionality to a point where we would have to rethink a lot of how the game is played or how different features interact with one another. It would have to be something that is fairly easy to implement and that compliments the currently working features/functionality.

I'll try to keep this in the back of my head, and I'd encourage anyone with any ideas or tips on how we can support stuff like this, or other things of course, to post them. We're always looking for good feedback and ideas on how to improve the game and make it more accessible! :)

• Tina and gamergirl like this

#28 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 15:18

Don't we have the "center camera" option, at least on gamepads? I would have to recheck this on DFC, but for most games of that kind a klick on the camera stick centers the cam. That way, a simple script which keeps "klicking" that button could do the trick.

DE: in den meisten Spielen dieser Art(bei DFC bin ich mir gerade nicht sicher) gibt es eine Taste um die Kamera zu zentrieren. Auf Gamepads ist das meisten durch den Druck auf den Kamerastick gelöst. Wenn das hier der Fall ist könnte man ein Script nutzen welches andauernd die Taste zum Zentrieren klickt.
  • Edreamer Jamil and gamergirl like this

#29 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 15:31

oh, that's a good idea! but i don't know how to make a script.  :mellow:

#30 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 16:13

Shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows a bit about programming. I'm willing to give it a try. What OS are you on?

#31 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 16:23

i use OS X 10.9

thank you! 

#32 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 17:07

So I had a close look at the controls again:
Clicking the right stick(and V on the keyboard) is "zoom" instead of "center", so me idea can't work :(.

On the other hand I tried playing with mouse and thumb only and it seems doable on a three button mouse(the wheel is also a key on most mice). When you use the mouse keys to walk instead of the (on screen) keyboard, the character already walks straight in the direction you are looking at.
  • gamergirl likes this

#33 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 22:11

thank you for trying, nontheless.  :) 

I'm able to play the game with the mouse. it's okay for now, but not good. the camera is still tricky to handle with only one finger. at least i can progress the story. it's just not so easy and my thumb gets tired after a while. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users