• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 21:42

well, i want to buy dreamfall chapters, but i prefer point&click games. is there a way to play the game only with the mouse? i want to have a visible mouse, so it won't control the camera. can somebody help me? 

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:14

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do this. There's at the very least no way to change the settings to this natively. 

I have no idea if a third party mapping program would be able to let you bind the camera to something other than the mouse. Though even if it could, that wouldn't give you a "visible" mouse like you're talking about. 

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. 

• Vainamoinen likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:21

I'm kinda trying to think about this, I feel that the point and click genre was mainly conceived because in the 90's there was not enough memory to make 3D surroundings believable like they are able to do nowadays. There could be no myst games and monkey island that captured a rich world at that time, without sort of a compromize between showing great immersive graphics AND character interaction.

I believe devs always wanted to go towards a 3D environment with point to click, where the player could freely interact into. In myst 4, these things were getting closer to that ideal, with this faceted backgrounds you could run through, which made you believe you were in that world but because it was faked with different screens you were walking through, it acted more like a prototype of google streetview.

So I kinda understand your "nostalgic" feeling for point and click with preset cam angles but this is just the natural evolution of that.

• Vainamoinen and aeonfluxx75 like this

#4 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:26

it's not just nostalgia, because due to a disabillity i'm forced to use a on-screen keyboard. :( my biggest problem is the invisible mouse and i don't want to spend money on a game i can't play. if there was a demo, i could at least test it. 

• Vainamoinen likes this

#5 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:30

Okay, how does this on screen keyboard work?

Because I think that it's essentially possible to complete the game with only just a mouse. But that has to be fully functional.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#6 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:37

I'm thinking what you need, you need a way to walk forward, a way to combine items (you do that with mouse already) and then interact.

• Vainamoinen likes this

#7 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:38

All of it, doable with the mouse, even the forward walk.

Opening the journal and goals, however...

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#8 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:40

wait, here's the link: http://www.assistive...duct/keystrokes

for example, when i click and hold W i would be able to control the character. but, of course, i need to see and move the mouse, without changing the camera. 

i can only use my left thumb to control the computer. 

#9 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:47

by the way, i own a macbook pro. 

#10 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:51

That's a bit difficult for me to place as a restriction. When you play P&Cs, you use only the mouse, correct?

Can you imagine holding down the left mouse button while operating the mouse? Is that in the cards somehow? Because that would get us to limping at least...

#11 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 22:58

the razer death adder has 2 mouse buttons exactly at your thumb, maybe you can use one to run forward and use the other to open inventory and use the mouse ? Or are you restricted to use the mouse itself for dragging ? In that case, I don't think there's like a way to make the character move to an objective, it's not in the engine like that. Perhaps with a bit of modding you could make the character actually walk to the thing you're pointing at. It still won't be with a fixed camera.

IF we ever get that kind of modding in the game :)

#12 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 23:03

That's a bit difficult for me to place as a restriction. When you play P&Cs, you use only the mouse, correct?

yes, that's correct. 

Can you imagine holding down the left mouse button while operating the mouse? Is that in the cards somehow?

sorry, i don't understand. what do you mean? my english is too bad. 

#13 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 23:06

yes, that's correct. 

sorry, i don't understand. what do you mean? my english is too bad. 

I could offer German...?

Can you press down a mouse button and operate the mouse at the same time?

• gamergirl likes this

#14 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 23:10

I could offer German...?

oh ja, das wäre sehr gut! 

Can you press down a mouse button and operate the mouse at the same time?

das würde funktionieren. 

#15 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 23:15

Okay, dann versuchen wir es doch so. :)

Das Spiel lässt dich die W-Taste durch eine der Maustasten ersetzen. Wenn beide Maustasten gedrückt werden, kriegt man den Protagonisten sogar zum rennen. Das heißt, du müsstest in der Lage sein, das Spiel zu steuern, überwiegend nur mit der Maus. In die Menüs kommst du dann mit J und G, aber da hast du immer alle Zeit zum Umschalten. 

Es gibt bislang, wenn ich keinen übersehe, zwei etwas zeitkritische Momente im Spiel. Das könnte dann etwas hakelig werden. Es sind aber keine wirklichen "Action-Sequenzen", und ich glaube, das kannst du hinbekommen.

Lass mal hören, welche Spiele du im Extremfall gezockt bekommst ('nervige' Obergrenze) – und welche einfach so nicht zu knacken waren. Dann bekommen wir sicher den besseren Eindruck, ob du Chapters schaffen kannst.

• gamergirl likes this

#16 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 23:29

danke für den tipp! das hilt mir schon mal extrem weiter!  :) im fenstermodus kann ich so gut wie alle mmos zocken, da ich über die bildschirmtastatur alle nötigen tasten anwählen kann, solange die maus nicht eingefroren ist.

dass es keine action-szenen gibt ist für mich von vorteil. 

gibt es vielleicht irgendwo eine demo zu DFC? 

#17 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 23:37

Keine Demo, leider nicht. Und ich fürchte, ich mache mich ein bisschen unbeliebt, wenn ich dir Steams neue Rückgabepolitik empfehle (unter zwei Stunden gezockt = Geld auf Anfrage zurück). Es wääääre eine Möglichkeit, einen risikolosen Blick in Chapters zu werfen! :)

#18 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 23:41

das wäre eine option, danke!  :)

• Vainamoinen likes this

#19 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 23:42

In Ordnung - lass dann mal hören, wie's läuft (Thread hiermit abonniert) ;)

• gamergirl likes this

#20 gamergirl

gamergirl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 13:40

eine bitte hätte ich allerdings noch; könntest du versuchen, wie sich der cursor im fenstermodus verhält? ist er im spiel gefangen, oder kann man ihn auch außerhalb des fensters bewegen. das ist nämlich auch wichtig für. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users