• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 June 2015 - 18:09

Again, thank you all so much for the support. ...It really means a lot to me because this really, really wasn't an easy call. 

I'm glad you're all as awesome as you are and that this community is the place that it is. I wouldn't trade the awesome that you guys have brought into my world for anything. 

Disney-Hugs.gif

• Tina, Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil and 10 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#22 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 09 June 2015 - 18:20

Again, thank you all so much for the support. ...It really means a lot to me because this really, really wasn't an easy call. 

I'm glad you're all as awesome as you are and that this community is the place that it is. I wouldn't trade the awesome that you guys have brought into my world for anything. 

Disney-Hugs.gif

That goes both ways you know :)

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, MichaelH and 4 others like this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#23 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 09 June 2015 - 18:27

You have my sympathy, Erika. Dealing with people is hard.

• Vainamoinen likes this

#24 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:02

Dear Moderator AGirlNameBob

It Was your choise to make and we respect your choise - glad you still here whit us. We all love you.

Big Hug

Greetings Sha'nie
  • Tina, Edreamer Jamil, MichaelH and 2 others like this

#25 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:02

*big hug* Erika! Everyone already said pretty much what I think too... Just having you here on the forum in any capacity means to me personally a lot:-*

• Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil, MichaelH and 2 others like this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#26 Jennifer

Jennifer

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:07

It's good that you were able to make an honest heartfelt decision about this, rather than continuing in a position that you weren't comfortable with.  As someone who is currently in discussions with officially joining a company where I am currently a volunteer moderator, I definitely understand your thoughts about the huge difference between a volunteer position and an official one.  At first it might have just seemed like continuing what you're doing with extra responsibilities, but it's definitely more than that.  And, I also know that it couldn't have been an easy decision to make. It's good that you've decided to stay as a moderator too, as you enjoy doing that, and as long as those feelings continue, that's all that matters. :)

• TalkingOak and Vainamoinen like this

#27 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 13:34

I've not been very vocal for the last few months but wanted to add my virtual hug. I'm glad you're doing what's best for you as well as being happy that you'll still be active as a member. :D

• Vainamoinen likes this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#28 Future Markus

Future Markus

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:10

I wanna echo what Ragnar said -- this community basically would not be here without you, Erika. Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Either way we're thrilled to have you here. :-)

#29 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 10 July 2015 - 14:42

I wanna echo what Ragnar said -- this community basically would not be here without you, Erika. Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Either way we're thrilled to have you here. :-)

Definitely agree here. You do a great job as a moderator. :)

#30 maDSaint

maDSaint

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:35

I loved your moderation Erika, ehm Bob. Hope you'll stick around to keep my spirits up. (you know what i mean)   ;)

• Edreamer Jamil and Vainamoinen like this

#31 Sophia

Sophia

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:27

I'm so new to this community, I am not even sure what happened there :D All I know is the warm answers you and others gave me when I asked my first question here and I stuck around ever since then :D

• Edreamer Jamil and MichaelH like this

Latest blog post: s.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.feedburner.

#32 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:55

Hi gang, 

Time for some big honesty here. 

I'm stepping down as Community Manager. 

I know, a bunch of you are going to be all like "What?? Why? Already??" So I hope you'll hear me out a minute. 

When RTG contacted me about this, I was thrilled. I really, really wanted to do it. And they were excited. And it seemed awesome. So we agreed to do a bit of a trial run and see how everything felt.

For me, it just isn't feeling right. I'm a little overwhelmed (okay, a lot overwhelmed) and I can't adequately navigate that right now. And I'm also afraid that this is pulling me away from the community. And making this place a stressor, rather than a fun place for me. Which I do not want. And neither does RTG. 

So we talked, and agreed that maybe it just wasn't meant to be. 

I want to make two things very clear. 

1.) This was my call. It's a hard call to make. But it's mine. 
2.) There are no hard feelings between me and RTG. 

So what does this mean? Mostly nothing. Things will hopefully go back to the way they were before last week. 

I know a lot of you are probably going to be disappointed. I know some of you may question my decision. But I hope that as supportive as you were of me stepping into this role, you will be able to be equally supportive of me and RTG now.

Thank you all. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

--Erika

Didn't spot this 'til just now - sorry to hear that it didn't work out but hopefully things felt more normal after stepping back *hugs*

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users