Photo

ATTN Ragnar / RTG (re outdated info Humble sale page)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 20:07

Hey, are you outing people?  :P

You, of rank no longer visible, but we all remember something green (kidding, kidding, I really don't care, but maybe someone else cares?).  :D

I did actually pick my example there very carefully. To begin with I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind. I've gotten a relatively good sense of him I think, and he seems like a chill guy. And since he's associated with Erika (who no-one will depute is a great resource to the community), he'd get good will by association even if there was elitism, which is what we're talking about there not really being.

:P

One of those days, we'll see someone with the Crow badge around. :P

Can you get those?

edit:

And the 252, in this forum, or on kickstarter, or on Humble, or on Paypal? I think numbers are nice, but those I don't believe in!

Those would be badges of that type redeemed on this forum. Those are the only numbers we have access to, afaik.

edit-edit: If we have access to those. Tina may be repeating what someone said.

edit-edit-edit: I should have just let Tina answer that one, shouldn't I?

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and Mr Moo like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#22 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 20:13

Now my previous post makes no sense, but OK. No more Edit. :lol:

I want a Crow badge, but I guess they are for < $5 or something? I-D-K.

On the other hand, more people in the hidden(!) forum will do nicely. You all know which one I mean ... (and it's full of SECRETS!)

I want the hairstyle? From my tier. Apparently. Or something. I don't really care. F*** the hair. But in the end ... I hope it's RED! :D As in ... Thread!

#23 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 20:28

Come on, V, this requires a like from you.

In need of likes? Glad to serve.

Can you get those?

Obviously not. They were designed and presented, though, and I remember people... craving for them. :)

I mean, they couldn't have been something you pledge for, because everyone would have chosen that pledge level. It was probably devised at a time when RTG thought they could pull that "choose any badge on or below your tier level" plan off.

• Mr Moo likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#24 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 20:35

I want a Crow badge, but I guess they are for < $5 or something? I-D-K.

On the other hand, more people in the hidden(!) forum will do nicely. You all know which one I mean ... (and it's full of SECRETS!)

If I remember correctly the idea was originally that people would be able to choose the Crow badge no matter what level they backed at. An equalizer of sorts. But the badges proved more troublesome that expected, and in the end that never happened. AFAIK no-one can get that badge now. Except maybe if we mods manually assigned people to the corresponding rank, it's possible we could technically do that (but we wouldn't - I haven't even checked if we can).

You mean the staff forum? Yeah, it's pretty neat :P

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and Mr Moo like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#25 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 20:41

The 252 number I stated was from the Kickstarter page.

But, again, I was too quick with my first reply. Because what I didn't think about is that there are also paypal backers. And maybe slacker-backers, who likely also get the badges. Again I was thinking from "my own" viewpoint, which is only the Kickstarter stuff. And I also just checked, and saw that you can back something on Kickstarter without choosing a tier, so I suppose "backers per tier" doesn't represent the whole picture. 

So, I just added up all of the backers from the different tiers on Kickstarter, and subtracted that number from the total amount of backers there. Got 288. Which means those are unaccounted for, and likely below that $5 tier. They don't get any rewards though, afaik, and therefore no badge either. But what do I know?

Aaaanyway.. I'm pretty sure the majority of people who back game related crowd funding will back at a level high enough to get the game in question. To me, that's a very logical assumption, at least.

But yeah, getting very off-topic here. 

:sohappy:  :crow:  :evil:  :ehehe:

• agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen, khh and 1 other like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#26 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 20:52

I volunteer Randy / Darkbaldur for those sorts of examples all the time. ;) I know he doesn't mind. 

For anyone confused, Randy is my significant other. He backed the game pretty much just because I wouldn't shut up about it during the entire Kickstarter period. And he loves me. And he knew it was important to me, so he wanted to support it a little bit. But he's never played the games. (Though he is pretty much the reason why I played them, so it evens out. ;) ) I think I've talked him into playing Chapters once it hits the PS4 and I'll be buying us a copy on there.

If he wants a PC copy, he can buy it himself. :P (Despite living together, we actually tend to purchase our own copies of things like this, especially when it comes to indie games.) 

I was going to go on an every more off-topic community feelz tangent, but I think I'll save it. 

Though yeah, I'd say it's fair to say that MOST people who back a KS for a game, back at a high enough level to get the game. Though it is also possible to back the game at a high enough level and opt out of receiving a reward at all. I don't know how common it is, but it is possible. 

Shhh...If they find out about the free popcorn, they'll all want in. 

Wow... What was the topic again? Oh yeah. Updating info. Yes. That would be good. I don't know what RTG has to do in order to do that. I suppose some of us could email the storefronts and mention that the info is out of date?

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, Vainamoinen and 1 other like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#27 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 20:56

Staff forum? Are you even using that? I heard you're using an inter-mod-iary PM thread instead. From reliable sources! :)

Wow... What was the topic again? Oh yeah. Updating info. Yes. That would be good. I don't know what RTG has to do in order to do that. I suppose some of us could email the storefronts and mention that the info is out of date?

I tried to do that once with GOG Chapters info, re. German voices. To no avail! I guess they have to wait for official information before they change anything. Could be a legal thing. There's no way around RTG making the statement and inciting change themselves, as crunch timey it may be. ;)
  • Tina, Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and 2 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#28 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:05

Staff forum? Are you even using that? I heard you're using an inter-mod-iary PM thread instead. From reliable sources! :)

I dispute the reliability of your sources!!

At the risk of pulling back the curtain too much, though, we DO use the Staff Forum. Rarely. And mostly for bigger / more important conversations. For quick "Should I move this thread? Does X seem like a thing?" type things that us Mods handle without wanting to bother RTG, we generally just PM each other. 

I tried to do that once with GOG Chapters info, re. German voices. To no avail! I guess they have to wait for official information before they change anything. Could be a legal thing. There's no way around RTG making the statement and inciting change themselves, as crunch timey it may be. ;)

Good to know! Yeah. Hopefully they'll see this soon, though the team's been quiet lately. For good "super hard at work" reasons. But yeah. Fingers crossed, that they can get it sorted, though. 

• Tina, Vainamoinen, khh and 1 other like this

#29 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:09

The 252 number I stated was from the Kickstarter page.

But yeah, getting very off-topic here. 

:sohappy:  :crow:  :evil:  :ehehe:

Paypal people don't get kickstarter updates, and in cases no updates at all. Sounds like quite a few, but what do I know?

288 - 252 gives 36. Was it possible to choose "No reward"? I selected my top tier, which was exactly my pledge. No overflow to use for anything.

If so, among the 36 there may be people pledging 10k and choosing no reward. I'm surprised this isn't what V did, privacy and all ...?

I'm kinda smug now because nobody mentioned DFC Backers (Private) - or is it no longer private? I didn't even know about the staff forum! But now I do ...

Incidentally I tried sparking a discussion there, but it's slow ...

Oh, and thanks Mr V. I really don't care, but you knew that. And saw my edit ... :P

Sorry. Please mod as you wish.

Edited by Mr Moo, 20 May 2015 - 21:14.

#30 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:12

Tell me too if you find out something! ... :lol:

Vestrum is the ... third?

Third, yes. I had originally pledged $50, but increased it to $75 later on (wish I could have pledged higher, but those had to be... financially careful times). Because I upped the pledge, I still haven't got used to the fact I get extra stuff from that tier, that's why it is good to check it out once in a while :D

• agirlnamedbob, khh and Mr Moo like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#31 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:17

Third, yes. I had originally pledged $50, but increased it to $75 later on (wish I could have pledged higher, but those had to be... financially careful times). Because I upped the pledge, I still haven't got used to the fact I get extra stuff from that tier, that's why it is good to check it out once in a while :D

Whee, a pledger upper! You could have been my example. :P

I would have upped if there was more stretch goals I cared for. There weren't. The higher tier rewards also seemed pointless to me. :blush:

Edited by Mr Moo, 20 May 2015 - 21:38.

#32 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:30

Private backers forum is still private. But I think how quiet it tends to be in there probably speaks a little to the lack of backer elitism. 

I'm also amused that the "Staff" forum was mentioned before the "Moderator Activities" area. Which is another super secret area.

None of you want access to that, though. 

Seriously. It's just spam. And spammers. And then more spam. 

• khh, trentjaspar and NeilClaimer like this

#33 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:40

Private backers forum is still private. But I think how quiet it tends to be in there probably speaks a little to the lack of backer elitism. 

Private to WHO(M)? All forum users with a badge? All forum users? All non-registered?

#34 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:43

Private to WHO(M)? All forum users with a badge? All forum users? All non-registered?

Forum users with a badge. So you must be a backer and then have linked your pledge level to your forum account in order to gain access. 

• Tina and Mr Moo like this

#35 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:44

I have seen some without one. At least in the past ...

But yeah, I'm done and all derailing. Know everything I wanted to know about this!

Edited by Mr Moo, 20 May 2015 - 21:46.

#36 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:45

288 - 252 gives 36.

You misunderstood me. 252 = backers at $5 tier, the only tier low enough to not receive the game. 288 = "no tier" backers.

In theory, backers of any tier (and non-tier) can give as much as they want to (above the tier minimum). Everyone who bought add-ons also gave more money than their chosen tier suggested.  

So, I did more math. The difference between "money received from TierValue x #BackersAtThatTier" and "Total amount pledged" is appx $75 000. Those come from all of the addons people gave money for (t-shirts etc). Also included in that amount of money, is whatever amount the 288 no-tier backers pledged.

If someone pledged >$20 (for instance) but didn't chose a tier, I'm pretty sure they don't get any of the rewards either. But that's their choice.

Only the people with badges can see the private backers forum. ( :ph34r: 'd)

Also, if you're not registered on this forum, you can't see the entire Off-topic subforum (+ some other subforums).

• agirlnamedbob, khh and Mr Moo like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#37 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 21:54

You misunderstood me. 252 = backers at $5 tier, the only tier low enough to not receive the game. 288 = "no tier" backers.

In theory, backers of any tier (and non-tier) can give as much as they want to (above the tier minimum). Everyone who bought add-ons also gave more money than their chosen tier suggested.  

So, I did more math. The difference between "money received from TierValue x #BackersAtThatTier" and "Total amount pledged" is appx $75 000. Those come from all of the addons people gave money for (t-shirts etc). Also included in that amount of money, is whatever amount the 288 no-tier backers pledged.

I like seeing numbers, even when they mean nothing to me. Weird. ;)

Are you Silje's mentor, with you being all mathy? :lol:

If someone pledged >$20 (for instance) but didn't chose a tier, I'm pretty sure they don't get any of the rewards either. But that's their choice.

Only the people with badges can see the private backers forum. ( :ph34r: 'd)

Also, if you're not registered on this forum, you can't see the entire Off-topic subforum (+ some other subforums).

So this is why I log in? I thought it was only to track read posts and threads. :D

Even more information, this never ends. I love you, Tina! And khh and bob and ... let's edit in Mr V!

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and khh like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users