Photo

ATTN Ragnar / RTG (re outdated info Humble sale page)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 19 May 2015 - 20:31

Hi Ragnar /RTG,

In view of your current 40% sale there I just noted that the sales page for Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass at Humble starts with a line that made sense when first published, but now could be misunderstood to the potential detriment of sales :

"Dreamfall Chapters is an episodic game, and the first episode Book One: Reborn is coming out October 21st. Buy a Season Pass now to receive all five books as they are released!"

https://www.humblebu...pass_storefront

For someone clicking and reading this now who isn't familiar with the game it sounds like the game won't yet be out at all until this October. - 5 months from now

There isn't any info there that chapters are available and ready to play

Apologies if you were well aware of this but I didn't want it otherwise to escape your attention.

• Chocobo_sage, agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen and 4 others like this

#2 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 21:58

Special Edition info on the GOG page... quite as outdated. :)

Journeys Birth — two short stories in PDF and ebook formats, set in The Longest Journey universe and leading up to the events in Dreamfall Chapters (available October 20th)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#3 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 19 May 2015 - 22:02

Special Edition info on the GOG page... quite as outdated. :)

Well, in this case it may become true...? :P

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil and NeilClaimer like this

#4 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:25

Well, in this case it may become true...? :P

I'd rather have RTG finally update that info with some clear cut date meant in earnest. :mellow:

J:B seems to be something that was always imminent, with one half promised for 2013 during the Kickstarter, then postponed to one day before Book 1's release ("the perfect teaser"), then postponed until after the first Book ("could be spoilers"), and where are we now...

We may need a concise extra/reward/schedule update, but there were just so damn many things promised during that crowd funding campaign. :)

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#5 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:00

Yeah, I'd like RTG to give more updated info on Journey's birth as well. They probably have their reasons. Maybe it was more of a spoiler than originally intended? Maybe something in the story changed and they need to change something to not have discrepancies?

In any case, I'd rather have them give a proper ETA rather than leaving us with the intended date. Even if the proper ETA becomes "after book 5" (because, remember, the original plan was made back when the game wasn't even supposed to be episodic).

Ragnar, we won't be mad! It's better if we have realistic expectations rather than hoping it will come "any day now".
  • Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, khh and 1 other like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#6 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3101 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:03

Ragnar, we won't be mad! It's better if we have realistic expectations rather than hoping it will come "any day now".

In cases like this, I just assume the latest (in this case, after book 5). There's no way I'll be disappointed (unless it's never released, I guess). :)

(I don't even remember if it's something I'll get based on my backer tier, tbh)

• Tina and khh like this

#7 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:08

I whipped up a reward/stretch goal delivery overview in my FAQ.

http://redthreadgame...rs-general-faq/ (Work is ongoing)

Some updates would really be welcome.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#8 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:16

In cases like this, I just assume the latest (in this case, after book 5). There's no way I'll be disappointed (unless it's never released, I guess). :)
(I don't even remember if it's something I'll get based on my backer tier, tbh)

Yeah, I do too :) I'd rather be pessimistic and then positively surprised than optimistic and disappointed :P
Every backer will get the "special edition" short stories, but I think maybe the ones backing at the "correct" KS levels are getting a few more stories. Not completely sure though.

#9 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:49

I agree with Tina. 

Yeah, I do too :) I'd rather be pessimistic and then positively surprised than optimistic and disappointed :P
Every backer will get the "special edition" short stories, but I think maybe the ones backing at the "correct" KS levels are getting a few more stories. Not completely sure though.

Here's an overview of the rewards by tier

5jWUIIL.jpgThe contents of the special edition has since been added to all backers at $20 and up, and it contains

Art book of Book One

Digital edition of two short stories form Journeyes: Birth (There are three stories in the full edition)

Digital edition of the sountrack for Book One

Europolis map, wall papers and avatars.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, trentjaspar and 2 others like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#10 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:53

Digital edition of two short stories form Journeyes: Birth (There are three stories in the full edition)

Four, if you count the bridging story.

• khh likes this

#11 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:58

Yeah, I'd like RTG to give more updated info on Journey's birth as well. They probably have their reasons. Maybe it was more of a spoiler than originally intended? Maybe something in the story changed and they need to change something to not have discrepancies?

I just assumed Dag is still trying to figure out how to use that Typewriter ;)

• agirlnamedbob, toremygg and NeilClaimer like this

#12 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:51

Thanks, khh. I forgot to specify "all game receiving backers" in my previous post :) I keep forgetting some people may have backed lower than that.
  • Mr Moo likes this

#13 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 May 2015 - 13:39

I agree with Tina. 

Here's an overview of the rewards by tier

Thanks, it's good to have a look at this once in a while, because I always forget what I am entitled to and end up having good surprises when I do check it out :D

• khh and Mr Moo like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#14 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 18:15

Thanks, khh. I forgot to specify "all game receiving backers" in my previous post :) I keep forgetting some people may have backed lower than that.

(this isn't specificially directed to you, Tina! :wub: )

Many have, as far as I recall. Don't know if they have a special badge for them? Some may have put in a small sum in the beginning of the kickstarter, and then missing or not having any more money by the time it ended - so they stay at that level. Many reasons, I'd gather. The lower rewards went fast, so even if $20 EARLY-BIRD tier now show 3 left, I'm not so sure it did back then? Refunds maybe?

Not everyone has an extra $20-25 a month or so later. Unlike some people I see here ... ;)

But without both the top and the bottom, we would miss all the extras, or even the ambitious $750 000(?) target itself? :o

Every little drop, and all that! I'm sure Mr RTG himself would have some words to say about this, if he wasn't so busy. :D

On TS topic, I agree the information should be changed. I published my first app on Windows Phone Store today. O-M-G what a pain in the lower abdomen.

• Tina and Vainamoinen like this

#15 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 18:18

Thanks, it's good to have a look at this once in a while, because I always forget what I am entitled to and end up having good surprises when I do check it out :D

Tell me too if you find out something! ... :lol:

Vestrum is the ... third?

Edited by Mr Moo, 20 May 2015 - 18:18.

• Vainamoinen likes this

#16 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 19:08

(this isn't specificially directed to you, Tina! :wub: )

Many have, as far as I recall. Don't know if they have a special badge for them? Some may have put in a small sum in the beginning of the kickstarter, and then missing or not having any more money by the time it ended - so they stay at that level. Many reasons, I'd gather. The lower rewards went fast, so even if $20 EARLY-BIRD tier now show 3 left, I'm not so sure it did back then? Refunds maybe?

:D

I think the left-overs of the early-bird was from people upping their pledges towards the very end of the Kickstarter. At least that's what I'm assuming. Since I'm assuming most of the first early-birds were "fan enough" (or lucky enough) to notice the Kickstarter or the information leading up towards it. I seem to remember them being freed up several times during the campaign as well. At least in my case, I would never overestimate what I could pay in the end of the Kickstarter, but rather underestimate (and up it later on, if possible).

And just so it's clear to everyone; I never meant it was a bad thing that people backed below $20. Actually, it's the other way around. I admire that people want to help, even if all they get in return are some wallpapers and good karma. The reason I didn't think about it at first, is that I would probably not have backed below that myself, because I'm not "charitable" enough to "just help" without getting the game in return. So if I couldn't have afforded the game-receiving level, it is likely I wouldn't have backed at all :)

That said, for this particular game, I would have found a way to afford it :P

Oh, and according to the Kickstarter, $5 backers (the lowest tier) get the Journeyman badge. (and there are 252 of them)

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Mr Moo and 1 other like this

#17 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 19:15

Tina ninjaed me, but yeah. There is a special badge for it. It's the one that looks like a thief with a lamp. The one Darkbaldur has.

I think there's actually been surprisingly little elitism, both when it comes to the amount that people backed with and when it comes to backers vs regular customers. It's been great.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen and 1 other like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#18 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 19:58

Oh, and according to the Kickstarter, $5 backers (the lowest tier) get the Journeyman badge. (and there are 252 of them)

Good, good !! RTG think of everything! No we only need a graph without the top and bottom, to compare. :P

And the 252, in this forum, or on kickstarter, or on Humble, or on Paypal? I think numbers are nice, but those I don't believe in!

Tina ninjaed me, but yeah. There is a special badge for it. It's the one that looks like a thief with a lamp. The one XXX has.

I think there's actually been surprisingly little elitism, both when it comes to the amount that people backed with and when it comes to backers vs regular customers. It's been great.

Hey, are you outing people? :P

You, of rank no longer visible, but we all remember something green (kidding, kidding, I really don't care, but maybe someone else cares?). :D

Edited by Mr Moo, 20 May 2015 - 20:03.

• Vainamoinen likes this

#19 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 20:00

One of those days, we'll see someone with the Crow badge around. :P

Forum badge elitism isn't in any way common in Kickstarter communities. Here, however, I didn't even notice it once. Indeed, I experienced the opposite, once.

As to Darkbaldur, these are the only truly selfless donations. He didn't even get the game! There must be someone he knows who already has it. :)

• Tina, khh, Ringtail and 1 other like this

#20 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 20:06

I should stop editing.

One of those days, we'll see someone with the Crow badge around. :P

Forum badge elitism isn't in any way common in Kickstarter communities. Here, however, I didn't even notice it once. Indeed, I experienced the opposite, once.

I agree, this forum is amazingly awesome, to cite myself. ;)

Come on, V, this requires a like from you.

Edited by Mr Moo, 20 May 2015 - 20:16.

• Vainamoinen and NeilClaimer like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users