Photo

April in Dreamfall - what do we make of her?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Poll: April in Dreamfall - what do we make of her? (144 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you percieve April's character in Dreamfall?

1. I love her as she is (66 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. I'm torn - she's not very nice, but her direction is logical based on TLJ (69 votes [47.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.92%

3. I don't like her at all (9 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 April_R.

April_R.

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationA lake

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:21

The Vanguard/Church of Voltec still existed and she'd just killed their prophet. It must have seemed like a bad idea. 

• Vostrino likes this

#62 April01

April01

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 14:15

Also an olter topic, but very interesting for me. As I have my problems with DF and DFC, it is most interesting to read about the results of this poll. Almost 46 % like the new bad April as she is with no ifs, no buts. 47 % find her not so nice, but at least a logical development since TlJ. And only seven votes next to mine do not like her at all. This is the proof of what I thought, I am an outsider here with my feelings and thoughts for April Ryan and TlJ... -_-

#63 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:29

Also an olter topic, but very interesting for me. As I have my problems with DF and DFC, it is most interesting to read about the results of this poll. Almost 46 % like the new bad April as she is with no ifs, no buts. 47 % find her not so nice, but at least a logical development since TlJ. And only seven votes next to mine do not like her at all. This is the proof of what I thought, I am an outsider here with my feelings and thoughts for April Ryan and TlJ... -_-

I'm with you, April01!!!  Let's continue to fight the good fight!!!  :sohappy:

• Crowboy likes this

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle" and "The Cat Lady."  Previous game: "A Bird Story"

#64 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:46

Hear hear! I'm with you all the way B)

#65 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 00:48

Let me tell you something about April Ryan. We were best friends in The Longest Journey. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even...Whatever. So then in Dreamfall, I started playing as ZoĆ« and Kian, and April was like, weirdly jealous of them. Like if I would blow her off to hang out with them, she'd be like "Why didn't you call me back?" and I'd be like "Why are you so obsessed with me?". So then for my birthday party, which was an all-heroes pool party, I was like "April, I can't invite you, because you dumped Crow." I mean I couldn't have a friend dumper at my party. Crow was gonna be there. I mean, right? She's a fake friend! So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of Stark because no one would talk to her, and she came back for Dreamfall, all of her hair was darker and it was totally weird and now I guess she's dead.

• Mime Paradox and Fantasysci5 like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#66 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 February 2015 - 16:29

When I first played Dreamfall I was so shocked that she became a killer. Even after all these years I can't accept it. Once you kill someone there's no going back. No matter how much I used to like April in TLJ, Zoe became my favorite character in Dreamfall, she's so innocent and likable comparing to Dreamfall's April.
  • trentjaspar likes this

#67 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 14 February 2015 - 17:41

OK, this has been mentioned countless times - some opinions were more vocal, some less. Let's see what everyone thinks of this topic!

I know this was started way back in history but - I felt that April was jaded and rather going through her own version of what Zoey was going through.  She felt she'd done her part, what now, and no don't ask me for more.  Yet if I remember right when the boatman encountered her he said she was no longer a wave, so she probably felt used up and almost discarded by the balance.  She didn't look very happy to me to be honest.  Which is sad.

#68 Mystic

Mystic

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:43

april is so positive and full of life in TLJ. (even after all the tids and bits about her past and the trial expositioning her past).

and then TLJ happened. shit must've gone down real hard for april to be cynical and negative. it's good that she didn't lose her wit.

which is why im far more looking forward to TLJ home if that's where we get the gap years between TLJ and dreamfall.

i want to know what RTG / ragnar can comes up with that could explain how and what mould TLJ april to becomes dreamfall april...

incl. not wanting to go back to stark immediately after TLJ event (according to Crow in dreamfall at cloudship). huh? i missed the part where and why she decided that? or was it not yet been explained?

It's true that April was more cheerful in TLJ but somehow I think that the hardships she went through in her life shaped her ironic sense of humor in a way, like some form of self-defense.

I hope TLJH comes out someday and we get to how April changed so much from TLJ to Dreamfall... I'm afraid that I missed that dialogue at the cloudship, I didn't know that she didn't want to come back to Stark, I thought she just got trapped in Arcadia. I'll have to research that.

#69 Neurotic

Neurotic

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 17:53

After April shifted from the Guardian's Realm back to Arcadia she forgot/lost her shifting ability. She then went on a trek into the Boarder Mountains where she abandoned Crow. Eight years later they were reunited in 'Dreamfall' at the Dark People's Library.

#70 Mystic

Mystic

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 23:06

After April shifted from the Guardian's Realm back to Arcadia she forgot/lost her shifting ability. She then went on a trek into the Boarder Mountains where she abandoned Crow. Eight years later they were reunited in 'Dreamfall' at the Dark People's Library.

That's what I understood as well about April not being able to go back to Stark and getting stuck in Arcadia, I wonder for what reason she abandoned Crow... I guess that would be something to be treated in TLJH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users