Photo
- - - - -

Book 2 crashing in same place every time please help!!

Crashing Book 2

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Solpaa24

Solpaa24

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 16:26

Windows Vista. But I didn't find Command Prompt on the menu as you discribed here, I had to search for it on the start menu. My computer has Norwegian as language. 

#22 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 17:03

I noticed this before.

There is a difference somehow between "command line prompt" and "cmd" which are basically the same, but the latter can be run as administrator while the former not.

Try clicking "start" there write "cmd" (without the quotes).

I don't have vista so I don't know if it works on vista. Assuming it's like win7, you should see the cmd executable and it should allow you to right click and then run as administrator.

If still no go, try pressing "left shift" while pressing the right mouse button.

• khh likes this

#23 Solpaa24

Solpaa24

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 22:34

Thanks! That worked. Unfortunately the visual quality in Marcuria is so bad that it's difficult to play. Is the only way to avoid the problem to upgrade Windows?

• Crowboy likes this

#24 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2015 - 23:07

From Vista you don't need to buy a new OS, you only need to install the 64Bit Version instead. Your license key is valid for both versions.

#25 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 23:36

I'm not sure what your spec is. If the game is so bad it's unplayable it would probably mean low framerate, meaning the display refreshes very slowly.

If that's the case, you should try to reduce visual settings.

Post your system spec (CPU, Graphics card at least) so we can better understand if it is related or not.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#26 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 June 2015 - 23:59

I think you have to play the game with low resolution texture in 32-bit so the game doesn't use more memory than than a 32-bit OS supports. That's probably what's being referred to.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#27 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:38

It really depends on what the problem is. If there's not enough RAM, game will crash (Don't we know it...)

If there's enough RAM, game should be playable unless there's another problem.

32bit Vista system, I guess his spec should be at least similar to mine, which means he'll need to decrease visual settings if he haven't done so already.

#28 Solpaa24

Solpaa24

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 15:12

I have all the Visual settings on low. Shall I send you something? Where do I find it?

#29 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 June 2015 - 16:01

You need to post your system specs (how much RAM, what CPU and Graphics Card you have, etc.) You should be able to find this info in your computer's Properties.

You can also attach a diagnostics file to your post. 

From the FAQ: 

Windows: Open "dxdiag.exe" (best found by typing "DxDiag" in your start menu or through the Run-option). Press the "Save All Information" button at the bottom of the Window to save the diagnostics file.

You can also try making sure all of your drivers are up to date. Another setting you can play with in the game is the Shadow Distance. I know some people said they got better performance by dropping that. 

• Crowboy likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#30 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 June 2015 - 17:38

Much more condensed but with all info one needs: Download CPU-Z and do an online validation. You will get a link with your spec doing so.

#31 Solpaa24

Solpaa24

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 23:18

Here is some of the information. Please tell if you need some of it translated. Is it possible to post a screenshot of the pc information here? I tried to drop the shadows, but it didn't work. How can I make sure my drivers are up to date?

Attached Files

#32 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 June 2015 - 23:41

Hm. Okay, someone else might be able to confirm, but unfortunately it's looking like your machine doesn't meet the game's Minimum Specs. It looks like your CPU and Graphics Card are maybe just meeting spec, but your RAM is below spec. 

If I'm right, then you're going to run into performance issues. There isn't really any way around it without upgrading your hardware. :( Is there any way you can play the game on a more powerful computer? 

• Crowboy likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#33 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:00

Hm. Okay, someone else might be able to confirm

You'd be correct.

Not much point in looking beyond being 1GB of ram short unfortunately.

However I would say the CPU and GPU are boarderline, but low amount of vram will only make the memory matters worse.
  • Crowboy likes this

#34 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:35

The GPU is below minimum requirements as well, the Mobile Intel 4 Express series was two generations before Intel HD 4000, which is the minimum listed. And the processor is probably borderline. Even if she had 4 GB of RAM, this computer wouldn't be able to run the game well. Sorry.

• Crowboy likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#35 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:36

Indeed. Sorry, but as everyone before me said, windows version is not at fault here.

By the way, it says you have windows 7 and not vista.

Just FYI...

#36 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:44

I'm amazed you even made it to Marcuria playing with that configuration. Europolis should have been unplayable. Is this really the PC you used to play book one?

#37 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 08 June 2015 - 13:24

Add me to the "I'm astonished the game plays at all" group.

#38 Solpaa24

Solpaa24

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 18:29

I actually played book one on my parents computer, so that's probably why I could play book one and not book two.. So to sum up I have to play it on another computer? Thanks for all your help anyway!! 

• khh, Mr Moo and Crowboy like this

#39 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 June 2015 - 20:12

I actually played book one on my parents computer, so that's probably why I could play book one and not book two..

Yeah, that makes sense.

#40 Iwillsurvive

Iwillsurvive

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 January 2016 - 18:47

Hi to all,

Please help. I did everything (expanded the memory to 3GB), now my crash point is done, but I only hear the sounds of the new location, but not the graphics and the set. Can anyone help with that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crashing, Book 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users