Photo
- - - - -

Box edition of Dreamfall Chapters : how to change the shipment address?

shipment delivery box edition address

Best Answer GistOfSpirit , 04 May 2015 - 12:41

When I changed my address in the past, I had to do it in my BackerKit account. That was before Book 1 was released though so I'm not sure it's still relevant, but I'd bet it is.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Flood Joe

Flood Joe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:23

Hello there,

First of all, I'm sorry if my question has an answer somewhere, I looked for it but never found out.

I backed Dreamfall Chapters to get the box edition of the game, but, for different reasons, the delivery address may not be relevant anymore.

So my question is simple : how can I change it? It'd be a shame to be delivered where I don't live anymore.

Thanks for your help :)

#2 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:41   Best Answer

When I changed my address in the past, I had to do it in my BackerKit account. That was before Book 1 was released though so I'm not sure it's still relevant, but I'd bet it is.

• Morten and khh like this

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:57

Yeah, that's the way to do it.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 Flood Joe

Flood Joe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:34

Oh I didn't know that!

Great, thank you! 

• khh likes this

#5 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 June 2016 - 21:17

Hi, does anybody know when the boxed edition will be released? I would like to buy it.

#6 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 June 2016 - 21:26

Hi, does anybody know when the boxed edition will be released? I would like to buy it.

We don't know when the boxed editions from the Kickstarter will be shipped out yet, but there will not be a physical edition available for purchase. Sorry. Just the Kickstarter versions. Though there is a boxed version available in Germany. (Though my understanding is it's essentially just a Steam Key in a box.) 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#7 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 June 2016 - 21:31

We don't know when the boxed editions from the Kickstarter will be shipped out yet, but there will not be a physical edition available for purchase. Sorry. Just the Kickstarter versions. Though there is a boxed version available in Germany. (Though my understanding is it's essentially just a Steam Key in a box.) 

What? :o I was sure that after releasing the last book the boxed edition will be released everywhere. I would like to buy boxed edition in Poland with polish voices and subtitles. I have phisical copies of TLJ and Dreamfall, so I need also DFC. Why there won't be phisical edition for everyone? What is the reason? It's riddiculous. I've donated the game on kickstarer but not so much so I would get phisical copy, but if I knew then that there would not be a phisical copy for everyone, I would donate more :/ Please, what should I do to get it? It's very important, I need phisical copy for my collection.

#8 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 June 2016 - 21:45

RTG is a really small company, so even getting the Kickstarter ones together is a really large undertaking. They just don't have the kind of resources to make physical copies available everywhere. Distribution of physical goods is...really hard and also very expensive. Sorry. :( 

I mean... I guess never say never, but as of right now my understanding is that there are no plans to make physical copies of the game available for sale beyond the Kickstarter and the German version (which was put together by their German distributor, as far as I know). 

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple Kickstarter copies find their way onto Ebay at some point, but beyond that I'm not really sure there will be a way to get one. 

#9 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 June 2016 - 21:47

RTG is a really small company, so even getting the Kickstarter ones together is a really large undertaking. They just don't have the kind of resources to make physical copies available everywhere. Distribution of physical goods is...really hard and also very expensive. Sorry. :(

I mean... I guess never say never, but as of right now my understanding is that there are no plans to make physical copies of the game available for sale beyond the Kickstarter and the German version (which was put together by their German distributor, as far as I know). 

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple Kickstarter copies find their way onto Ebay at some point, but beyond that I'm not really sure there will be a way to get one. 

So I have to wait till the polish distributor will publish it - I suppose it's CDP.pl or I will just buy German box...

#10 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 June 2016 - 21:55

Yeah. I'm not entirely sure what's going on as far as Polish localization goes, but it is possible that something similar to the German version might happen. I really have no idea, though. (In case it wasn't clear, I don't work for RTG, I just help Moderate this forum.)

Last I checked, the version being distributed by EuroVideo was available for purchase on amazon.de. So if you really need to have a box to complete the set with the others on your shelf, that's definitely an option. 

Sorry I don't have better news. :( 

#11 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 June 2016 - 23:04

Cez, I don't really want to make you feel even worse - and someone else please jump in if you think I am wrong - but I do not believe there was ever mention of a Polish localised version with Polish voices and subtitles. French and German localisations were achieved as one of the Kickstart campaign stretch goals, but I don't think any other languages were promised.

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#12 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 June 2016 - 23:08

Cez, I don't really want to make you feel even worse - and someone else please jump in if you think I am wrong - but I do not believe there was ever mention of a Polish localised version with Polish voices and subtitles. French and German localisations were achieved as one of the Kickstart campaign stretch goals, but I don't think any other languages were promised.

There were news about polish edition >> http://www.gram.pl/n...jezykowej.shtml

But later it was announced that polish version was canceled till the moment all the books would be released >> http://www.gry-onlin...13.asp?ID=88236

#13 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 June 2016 - 23:08

If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong), there was supposed to be a Polish version at one point, but the shift to Episodic changed the deal RTG had worked out. Last I heard, it was still something RTG was interested in doing, but I don't know what the current status of it is now that the game is complete (and thus no longer bound to an episodic release schedule). 

EDIT: Ninja'd more or less. Cool. Good to know I'm not losing my mind. 

#14 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 June 2016 - 23:10

There were news about polish edition >> http://www.gram.pl/n...jezykowej.shtml

But later it was announced that polish version was canceled till the moment all the books would be released >> http://www.gry-onlin...13.asp?ID=88236

Ah, apologies, I did not know about that (or at least I don't remember reading about it). Then I suppose it's up to RTG to confirm the current status.

Thanks!

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#15 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 29 June 2016 - 00:50

There was a backerkit add-on, for Kickstarter backers who pledged above a certain level, for an additional Boxed game ($90 extra for the box?)
That was available for quite a time, but now that Backerkit for DFC is locked and the monies taken I suspect it's too late
Since you are a backer though you could always try contacting RT and asking if you could still do that

#16 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:48

Last I heard, RTG had said it was too late for people to change/edit/add to pledges at this point (beyond like...updating addresses and stuff). It's pretty complicated to do on their end, so yeah 

That said, I suppose there isn't any harm in reaching out to them and either asking if it'd be possible to do or maybe ask if they'd be willing to contact you if they end up with any extras left after the KS games are distributed that they're willing to sell. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shipment, delivery, box edition, address

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users