• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Pixeldream

Pixeldream

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 14:51

When I think of TLJ, I hear various tracks in my head: the main menu theme, the 'a lion in the streets' acoustic guitar song etc.

I did not once have that with Dreamfall. The music was fine, but to me it didn't really fit to the atmosphere.

Now with Dreamfall Chapters, I feel the music is back to the old level. The storytime music is basically always in my head. Also, the fact that it's in 7/4 time! How proggy. I really enjoy Simon Poole's music. He feels the vibe perfectly.

#22 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 November 2014 - 15:09

Update on this

We were stupid enough to set November 1st as the release date for the soundtrack, forgetting that it was a Saturday.

Backers and buyers of the special edition will get the Book One soundtrack Monday morning — and it sounds amazing.

We are still working on the short-stories, and we apologise for the delay. We would recommend playing Book One (and maybe Book Two) before reading the stories, since there will be SOME spoilers.

• agirlnamedbob and Em_TC like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#23 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 15:57

Update on this

"Humble Store" Monday morning??? ;)

Thanks for the update! Seems like backer info is now distributed via the Steam forums. :rolleyes:

I really enjoy Simon Poole's music. He feels the vibe perfectly.

He does. He was always cut out for the Stark parts. It remains to be seen whether he can get the epic tone of Arcadia right. Especially when the real instruments finally hit. :)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#24 Chadlton

Chadlton

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 23:52

Woke up and got a download via Steam! DFC Music, music, music! So worth it! :) Can't wait to see what we get in book 2 portion of the soundtrack. At least, I think were getting more... if my memory serves me correctly. :)

#25 Pixeldream

Pixeldream

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 00:47

If TLJ Home sees the light of day.. Wouldn't it be cool if Tor Linlokken and Bjorn Arve Lagim did the soundtrack? I just love that kind of orchestral stuff on one hand and the Fringe lounge tracks on the other hand. Man, the atmosphere of those ambient tracks.. Amazing.
  • Em_TC likes this

#26 Chadlton

Chadlton

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:55

If TLJ Home sees the light of day.. Wouldn't it be cool if Tor Linlokken and Bjorn Arve Lagim did the soundtrack? I just love that kind of orchestral stuff on one hand and the Fringe lounge tracks on the other hand. Man, the atmosphere of those ambient tracks.. Amazing.

YES! LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

#27 Em_TC

Em_TC

Fringe Café Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:35

There was something so haunting yet chill, relaxing, about every single one of the Fringe cafe tracks in TLJ. I had those tracks on repeat for days after my most recent TLJ playthrough, all through Dreamfall and leading up to DFC's book one release. :)

#28 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:19

There was this awesome dub song called "April's Dub" on the original TLJ soundtrack. It was awesome, I wish more adventure games had tracks like that.

#29 Jedi Leo

Jedi Leo

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationDenmark and A galaxy far away

Posted 04 November 2014 - 19:10

Listening to the amazing soundtrack now...at track 4. 

"Return to the hospital room" gave me chills...I love the main theme. Loving everything I hear so far.

The Lion, flying supersonic, spreading light through the galaxies, Jedi Master, protector of dreams and creator of the Perv On tag

Twitter @JediPrinceLeo

#30 Pixeldream

Pixeldream

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 17:49

Simon Poole created the absolute best song for the Prologue. Not only composition-wise, but his sound design overall on the entire soundtrack is just masterful.

• khh likes this

#31 Pixeldream

Pixeldream

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 17:53

Oh and 'Storytime'. When the game started I just walked around, looking up while being soaked in the atmosphere of that track. 

• Jedi Leo and khh like this

#32 Jedi Leo

Jedi Leo

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationDenmark and A galaxy far away

Posted 06 November 2014 - 19:02

Oh and 'Storytime'. When the game started I just walked around, looking up while being soaked in the atmosphere of that track. 

Yes I did that too! The whole game is just lovely enough to make you want to just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. Also I zoomed a lot in on those northern lights while listening to the music hehe

And in Europolis, I actually "parked" Zoe next to the street musician and listened to all his songs while I was dozing off on the couch...I mean how many games can you say have that effect on you? It´s truly one of the main factors that makes Dreamfall special in my opinion!

• Em_TC likes this

The Lion, flying supersonic, spreading light through the galaxies, Jedi Master, protector of dreams and creator of the Perv On tag

Twitter @JediPrinceLeo

#33 Pixeldream

Pixeldream

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 17:12

I agree Leo, these games have never been about gameplay for me. It's the high level of immersion all the way.
  • Jedi Leo and Em_TC like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, DFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users