balance stark arcadia whaaaaat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:56

Small question - why do the inhabitants of Arcadia seem to know about "The Balance" and Stark don't mention it? We know they all experienced the Collapse (whatever that actually was) but there are very little hints towards the publics' knowledge of the balance at least in Propast

just a forum ghost

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 April 2015 - 13:08

Tobias addresses this when he explains the Balance to April. I'm at my phone, and can't pull up the exact quote, but he said that while the Sentinels flourished in Arcade, the memory of Arcadia could not compete with Stark's new reality of technology and natural laws, and the knowledge disappeared from public consciousness. Arcadia could still be glimpsed through dreams, but that was all they were. The Sentinels in Stark also became a marginal order.
  • Dmm, merryawe, Nancy Brown and 1 other like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 04 April 2015 - 13:20

My first reaction was: "Why/how should they know?"

Then I thought of Emma and the remains of TLJ.

The balance is a religious thing in Arcadia. So even though there seem to be no more dragons and things related to the balance, people still use that phrase. It's not exactly allowed anymore though. It may even turn into something one doesn't know the true meaning of, if things continue the way they do now.

In Stark I can only remember people like Father Raul, Cortez and that evil guy (whose name i don't recall atm) to know about the balance in full form and Emma and Charlie to have seen it. In Propast I can barely see it, which in all gives me an uneasy feeling. One could guess that WATI knows something about it but maybe the balance is also not doing well because people forgot it and there's hardly anyone who could protect it right now.
  • Abnoxious likes this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#4 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 04 April 2015 - 15:04

Tobias addresses this when he explains the Balance to April. I'm at my phone, and can't pull up the exact quote, but he said that while the Sentinels flourished in Arcade, the memory of Arcadia could not compete with Stark's new reality of technology and natural laws, and the knowledge disappeared from public consciousness. Arcadia could still be glimpsed through dreams, but that was all they were. The Sentinels in Stark also became a marginal order.

Exactly. I just re-watched some of TLJ walk-through on Youtube yesterday and refreshed a lot of things I completely forgot!!!!

At first, it was one united world, but then there was a need to split it in two to avoid collapse. When it was spit, families were torn - some people were sent to Stark and some to Arcadia.

While in Arcadia being magical world the memories are alive, in Stark all those memories about the Balance and united world turned into fairy-tales due to logic power and people forgot.

As Khh said, only in Dreams Stark people may touch world of magic but they quickly forget and assume it was just a dream.

• merryawe likes this

#5 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:42

Cheers guys. I played TLJ last August but couldn't remember what happened. Had my suspicions about Tobias saying something but didn't remember. 

just a forum ghost

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, stark, arcadia, whaaaaat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users