• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:48

For me it happened the second time I entered as well.

#22 Hannaxidus

Hannaxidus

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 00:50

Does this happen the very first time you enter Rooster and Kitten, or when you re-enter?

I'm pretty sure it's a stuck fade-screen from when you exit Rooster and Kitten, that doesn't go away because the state-machine doesn't exit its state properly (for some reason that's out of my hands). If I can verify that it only happens when you re-enter, I will just remove the fade completely, and the issue should be resolved. 

Martin,

I believe this is the case. I before the story required me to enter the tavern, I went in an explored. Bar keeper said to come back when my friends were there. I left, and continued the story line. When the time came, I tried entering the tavern again and this is when the black screen started. 

I will replay the game up to that point without prematurely entering the bar to see if that isolates the issue and report back. Thank you again for looking into this.

#23 Hannaxidus

Hannaxidus

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:18

Martin,

I believe this is the case. I before the story required me to enter the tavern, I went in an explored. Bar keeper said to come back when my friends were there. I left, and continued the story line. When the time came, I tried entering the tavern again and this is when the black screen started. 

I will replay the game up to that point without prematurely entering the bar to see if that isolates the issue and report back. Thank you again for looking into this.

Confirmed, entering the Rooster and Kitten only once didn't cause any issues.

• Tina and khh like this

#24 broken

broken

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 19:41

I am having the same issue as stated above and I also entered the bar before I was required to. Is there a save game that someone can post to get past this bug? I would post a log but it seems you guys have this bug figured out.

#25 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 May 2015 - 22:12

Any save file would not contain your choices. You could load a save from before you entered the tavern, and play again from there, if you don't want to wait for a patch?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#26 ExK

ExK

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 00:31

hello I bought the game on steam sale and am facing this issue. This seems like an old issue so I'm surprised that it's not solved.

Please find attached my save game for your investigation. 

Attached Files

#27 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:16

Really sorry you're experiencing this problem. There is a workaround for this issue, the game keeps all the autosaves, so you can load one from Marcuria before you first entered the Rooster and Kitten, and then not enter it again before the end of your missions. It is only the second time you enter the black screen problem happens. Until there is a patch, that is the only way I know of for progressing. Sorry.

April Ryan is my friend,

#28 ExK

ExK

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:52

Really sorry you're experiencing this problem. There is a workaround for this issue, the game keeps all the autosaves, so you can load one from Marcuria before you first entered the Rooster and Kitten, and then not enter it again before the end of your missions. It is only the second time you enter the black screen problem happens. Until there is a patch, that is the only way I know of for progressing. Sorry.

The bug seems to have surfaced in late March. Now is already mid-June. Why is a fix still not available?

#29 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:35

The bug seems to have surfaced in late March. Now is already mid-June. Why is a fix still not available?

I don't know. I'm not a developer, just a mod on the forums. There is a lot of testing that has to go into each bug fix release, though, because sometimes completely unrelated things break with a new build. I'm guessing it took a little time to identify it, and at that point they figured they might as well push the bug fix back to the Book Three patch. But that's just guessing on my part.

• Tina and ExK like this

April Ryan is my friend,

#30 ExK

ExK

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 13:00

I don't know. I'm not a developer, just a mod on the forums. There is a lot of testing that has to go into each bug fix release, though, because sometimes completely unrelated things break with a new build. I'm guessing it took a little time to identify it, and at that point they figured they might as well push the bug fix back to the Book Three patch. But that's just guessing on my part.

I understand. that's really irresponsible of them.

EDIT: I've successfully obtained a refund. Good luck to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users