29 replies to this topic

#1 Hannaxidus

Hannaxidus

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:11

After doing part of the quest line in Marcuria , I went into The Rooster and Kitty and all I get is a black screen with tavern ambiance sound. 

I have tried windowed mode and lowering my quality settings; neither have worked.Does anyone have a solution for this?

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:21

Hi Hannaxidus, 

Sorry to hear you're having issues. This could be the result of a corrupted file in your installation. If you have the game installed on Steam, I'd say the first step would be to verify your game cache within Steam. If you're not on Steam, you may want to try reinstalling. 

If that doesn't work, if you could give us your full system specs and make sure you're running the latest patch, that will help us trouble shoot. 

Thanks!

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Hannaxidus

Hannaxidus

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:46

I went in and validated the files through steam. Everything came back without issues. I've attached my specs.
I have also tried loading a previous save game, redoing part of the quest line, and still get the same bug.
I'll go ahead and uninstall and reinstall the game and give you an update on the outcome.

Edit: Thank you, by the way, for the quick response.

Attached Files

#4 Hannaxidus

Hannaxidus

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:02

Uninstalled and reinstalled through Steam. Still has the same issue. Attached is what it looks like after the scene is loaded. I can still access UI (Esc & Tab).

Attached Files

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:22

Hmm...This is really bizarre. :blink:

I know some people have had random crashes, but I think this is the first complete failure to load the visuals for that scene that I've seen. That rig shouldn't have issues running the game. You meet the specs.

It doesn't actually crash, right? If it were crashing, I'd say to attach the crash log. (You can try walking around a bit or leave it a moment and see if that triggers anything...?)

Another option would be to try making sure your video card driver is up to date... But it seems really weird that you would be having this issues there and not anywhere else. You can try fiddling with the other settings, too, and see if that helps. Shadow distance causes issues for some people. I know some people have also resolved weird graphical glitches by disabling SSAO, so that's another thing to try.

I'm about tapped for suggestions at this point and it's getting late here, but one of our other (more tech savvy) community members / moderators may have some additional suggestions. If we can't figure it out, hopefully Team RTG will be able to offer additional suggestions after Easter. 

#6 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:22

Hmm...This is really bizarre. :blink:

I know some people have had random crashes, but I think this is the first complete failure to load the visuals for that scene that I've seen. That rig shouldn't have issues running the game. You meet the specs.

It doesn't actually crash, right? If it were crashing, I'd say to attach the crash log. (You can try walking around a bit or leave it a moment and see if that triggers anything...?)

Another option would be to try making sure your video card driver is up to date... But it seems really weird that you would be having this issues there and not anywhere else. You can try fiddling with the other settings, too, and see if that helps. Shadow distance causes issues for some people. I know some people have also resolved weird graphical glitches by disabling SSAO, so that's another thing to try.

I'm about tapped for suggestions at this point and it's getting late here, but one of our other (more tech savvy) community members / moderators may have some additional suggestions. If we can't figure it out, hopefully Team RTG will be able to offer additional suggestions after Easter. 

#7 Hannaxidus

Hannaxidus

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:15

I have tried fiddling with all the settings. And no, no crash happens. No rush needed on a solution. Whenever it's convenient for you/the team. I'll try installing the game on some of my other computers and see if the run the same issue.

Thank you, again.

#8 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:24

Very strange, haven't seen this issue before. And that's a nice rig.

Perhaps you could attach the log output_log.txt in the Dreamfall Chapters_data folder found in the installation directory, commonly C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Dreamfall Chapters

Hopefully it works well the other computer, so you can progress.
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#9 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 23:15

Has anyone figured this out yet?  I have the EXACT same bug.  I tried to enter the Rooster and Kitten (before the town meeting) and received the black screen w/ sound. So I loaded an earlier save and played further along to the point after identifying the traitor and when I entered again got the same result. HELP, please!

P.S.  I bought my copy from GOG. (I'm in U.S.)

#10 shinkrelian

shinkrelian

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 00:24

Im also having the same issue any help would we greatly appreciated

#11 NicoleCT

NicoleCT

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 00:25

Just letting you all know I finally got the Rooster and Kitten scene to load and am proceeding just fine in the game - already in the next chapter.  It took me about 8-10 random reloads/shutdowns and then it just worked. So my advice, if you have this issue is to just keep trying and you should get it. Good luck.

#12 shinkrelian

shinkrelian

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 00:27

I tired reloading the autosave created when I entered the tavern and it worked, hope it helps someone else
  • khh and NicoleCT like this

#13 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:00

If any of you could post a log file from when you encounter the error (the log is erased and created anew every time the game is started), that might help the devs track down the source of this problems. The location of the logfile on Windows is outlined in my last post, above.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#14 dspecgsx

dspecgsx

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:16

Hello,

I have the same exact problem.  I have attached my latest save game along with my system specs.  I have reduced the graphics quality and still not working.  I do not have a crash.  Just ambient sounds and black screen.

Attached File  DF_Save.zip   132.61KB   1 downloads

Attached File  Untitled.png   70.29KB   3 downloads

• khh likes this

#15 dspecgsx

dspecgsx

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 00:07

Adding YouTube link showing the problem...

https://youtu.be/KqEPBnuR4io

• khh likes this

#16 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 April 2015 - 00:14

Could you attatch the log file (use the "More Reply Options" button to get access to attachments)? The log is called output_log.txt and is located in Dreamfall Chapters_data folder found in the installation directory, commonly C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Dreamfall Chapters on Windows. I believe the file is located at ~/.config/unity3d/Red Thread Games/Dreamfall Chapters/Player.log on Linux and ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log on Mac OSX.

April Ryan is my friend,

#17 dspecgsx

dspecgsx

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 00:21

Attached...

Attached File  output_log.txt   68.74KB   5 downloads

• khh likes this

#18 Martin

Martin

RTG Designer

• RTG Staff
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:36

Thanks for the info guys. I'm currently investigating this. 

:cannon:  Cannon stroker   :cannon:
        :crow:  OrNOThologist   :crow:

#19 Martin

Martin

RTG Designer

• RTG Staff
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:06

Does this happen the very first time you enter Rooster and Kitten, or when you re-enter?

I'm pretty sure it's a stuck fade-screen from when you exit Rooster and Kitten, that doesn't go away because the state-machine doesn't exit its state properly (for some reason that's out of my hands). If I can verify that it only happens when you re-enter, I will just remove the fade completely, and the issue should be resolved. 

:cannon:  Cannon stroker   :cannon:
        :crow:  OrNOThologist   :crow:

#20 dspecgsx

dspecgsx

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:27

Does this happen the very first time you enter Rooster and Kitten, or when you re-enter?

I'm pretty sure it's a stuck fade-screen from when you exit Rooster and Kitten, that doesn't go away because the state-machine doesn't exit its state properly (for some reason that's out of my hands). If I can verify that it only happens when you re-enter, I will just remove the fade completely, and the issue should be resolved. 

Hi Martin,

I just sent you my save game.  This did not happen the first time I entered.  It only happened after I re-entered..

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users