• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dc740

dc740

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 15:39

Solved: I re downloaded all game files through steam.

I recently upgraded to the latest stable version on steam. and now I can't get past Hana.

I get the special key from Aby, run to Hanna hideout, speak to her the first time and try to calm her by telling who I am. She is no longer trying to kill me :P

I then interact with her again, and it ALWAYS hangs after a few interactions during the conversation.

This is one of the least hardware demanding places in the game. I lowered and disabled every possible visual setting. It's running REALLY smooth there, and the system freezes on the close ups to her face.

My specs:

• Ubuntu 14.10
  • Dreamfall Chapters 2.0.2.2
  • CPU: AMD FX 6100 (3 cores, 2 threads per core)
  • GPU: AMD HD 7770 1GB
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3

Edited by dc740, 31 March 2015 - 04:29.

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 March 2015 - 16:35

The first thing to try is to have Steam verify the integrity of the game cache: right click on Dreamfall Chapters in the library, click properties, open local files tab, then click the Verify integrity of local game cache button. Sometimes steam fails to download assets correctly, and missing assets can cause all kinds of weird problems.

If it doesn't help, could you post the log? That might be helpful. On Linux, it should be in ~/.config/unity3d/Red Thread Games/Dreamfall Chapters/Player.log 

You can attach it to your post by using the full editor. You may have to rename the file to have a .txt extension, I'm not sure.

• Tina and agirlnamedbob like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 dc740

dc740

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 16:48

Thanks. I had 461 corrupted files (yeah... my hd had a few severe problems and I refuse to throw away a 2TB hard disk because I don't store important information there, just game data)

I'll try if it works tonight.

And the player log effectively shows that I was just talking with Hanna

FSM Hanna Movement in state Looking at Zoe finished action index 0

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

FSM Hanna Movement in state Looking at Zoe finished action index 1

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

FSM Hanna Movement in state State 3 finished action index 0

FSM Hanna Movement in state Idle finished action index 0

FSM Hanna Movement in state Looking at Zoe finished action index 0

FSM Hanna Movement in state Looking at Zoe finished action index 1

#4 dc740

dc740

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 21:04

SOLVED: I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but checking steam files worked and I could get past Hanna

On the corrupt files:

I re-downloaded them again. There were 491 "corrupted" files. Then I checked again and they  failed again. I tried in a different PC. Same problem. Steam always resintall all my games when I check the files, I have no idea why, but at least it works

Edited by dc740, 31 March 2015 - 04:30.

• Tina likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users