37 replies to this topic

#1 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 22:50

Post songs here that remind you about TLJ in general, any of the characters or its themes and tell why! Putting this in the spoiler section in case any explanations have to be detailed.

For me, Together Again by Evanescence makes me think of April discovering Arcadia and discovering the huge plots in both of the worlds and finding out that there's so much more to the world than she imagined. The band explained that it's about something like setting off on a journey but knowing that you'll return home again some day and be "together" with it, so April's just trying to get her life back to normal. Plus, the piano sound in the song actually sounds very similar to the TLJ credits theme if you listen!

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#2 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 09 March 2014 - 00:19

Get the Balance Right, by Depeche Mode/April Ryan.  :crow:

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and trentjaspar like this

#3 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7354 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:25

Not a song but the band name Counting CROWS! :crow: :crow:

The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#4 UPtimist

UPtimist

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:44

Well, the song in my signature, "Angel Star" by Chrysta Bell (and David Lynch), quite self-explanatorily because of the lyrics in the chorus "the Dreamer who dreams, ten trillion miles of dark..." :) And, really, the rest of the lyrics, too, have a Dreamfall, Storytime etc. feel to them. Also, the music is very dreamy.

• Sha'nie likes this
The Dreamer who dreams, ten trillion miles of dark...
Chrysta Bell - Angel Star

Some of my pictures: 500px, See.Me, Flickr

#5 Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:18

Restoring the Balance. It's a musical sequence from one of the WoW games. Knowing the title my mind goes to other things than Azeroth when I listen to it :P

• maDSaint likes this

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

Finding yourself is brilliant! You desert everybody, abandon your responsibilities and relationships, and focus completely on your own personal misery. It's a douche for the soul.

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7098 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:27

Restoring the Balance. It's a musical sequence from one of the WoW games. Knowing the title my mind goes to other things than Azeroth when I listen to it :P

I just googled "restoring the balance" and when the results showed up I unexpectedly got a wave of nostalgia at the sites showing up. Felt a bit like a kick to the stomach, I actually uttered "aouw!" involuntarily.
Somehow I expected the song to be more elvish though. Like more akin to Teldrassil.
Man, listening to the WoW album stirs up a lot of feelings.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#7 Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:00

Man, listening to the WoW album stirs up a lot of feelings.

Oh yeah, tell me about it! An insane amount of hours was spent playing that game so I think of it more or less every time I listen to the soundtrack. Did you read the article in pressfire about the NSA trolls? Man, that article made me really nostalgic!

http://www.pressfire...av-et-NSA-troll

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

Finding yourself is brilliant! You desert everybody, abandon your responsibilities and relationships, and focus completely on your own personal misery. It's a douche for the soul.

#8 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 13:08

Get the Balance Right, by Depeche Mode/April Ryan.  :crow:

I came to this thread to post this one, but you've beaten me to it.  ;)

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil, Shifterdreamer and 2 others like this

#9 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 15 March 2014 - 00:46

I will be impressed if someone can find the video of Katja Koopmann performing it live as April (with back-up dancers) on German TV.

Katja_nbc4.jpg

• Shifterdreamer, Lautaro, Artephius and 1 other like this

#10 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:27

Tried to find it a few years back, didn't find anything though. ;)

#11 Shifterdreamer

Shifterdreamer

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 02 April 2014 - 21:27

Why did you have to bring up these screencaps, wandrew, it will take months to process them again.

• wandrew likes this

I have a dream... The wolf's not here on a sunny day, the wolf's not here, still I sense him...

#12 UPtimist

UPtimist

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:55

I will be impressed if someone can find the video of Katja Koopmann performing it live as April (with back-up dancers) on German TV.

Is she (part-)Finnish? Katja is a very common Finnish name, and Koopmann, well, it's almost-Finnish-Swedish...

Also, what the fudge? Can someone fill me in on what on earth that's all about? :D

The Dreamer who dreams, ten trillion miles of dark...
Chrysta Bell - Angel Star

Some of my pictures: 500px, See.Me, Flickr

#13 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:13

Why did you have to bring up these screencaps, wandrew, it will take months to process them again.

Because leather pants.

• Shifterdreamer likes this

#14 Rain-Dancer

Rain-Dancer

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 May 2014 - 21:19

This, in particular the beginning part of the song..(the melody more than lyrics)

#15 Shifterdreamer

Shifterdreamer

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 May 2014 - 16:38

I rewatched Starship Troopers yesterday and so I heard this wonderful song again... It has this futuristic cyberpunkish aura, so I automatically imagined April in the streets of Venice...

• MisterMetropolis and Lautaro like this

I have a dream... The wolf's not here on a sunny day, the wolf's not here, still I sense him...

#16 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:53

Hey, that's Basil Poledouris' daughter!

#17 Shifterdreamer

Shifterdreamer

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 21 May 2014 - 18:50

Yes! He conducted the soundtrack of the move, and I was so surprised to find out that it was his daughter singing that song...

#18 Lautaro

Lautaro

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 02 June 2014 - 19:06

Pretty much this...

• Shifterdreamer, UPtimist and Evi like this

#19 Undreamer

Undreamer

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationThe Storytime

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:52

This reminds me of TLJ every time I hear it.

"I am at the crossroads between waking and dream. One path leads back to the world I left behind. The other path … the other path leads to a place of shadows. Between the familiar and the unknown, between certainty and doubt, my choice would seem obvious. Any sane man would turn around, return to the world he knows, forget what he has learned, and live his life in blissful ignorance. But in truth, it is too late. My choice was made many years ago, when I first embarked on this journey. I cannot turn back. I am at a crossroads, but for me there is only one path. I leave behind these words in the hope that, someday, they will serve as a map for someone else. To whomever reads this, Godspeed on your journey. If you ever decide to follow in my footsteps, look me up." -Brian Westhouse, Dreamfall

"The hardest part of the day isn't falling asleep realizing you are going to awaken in a new world. It's trying to wake up knowing you will have to fall asleep and abandon that world at some point, abandoning everything that you've fallen in love with in that world."

#20 pancakeghost

pancakeghost

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 20:56

A moment of blatant self promotion: I made an April and a Zoe fanmix a couple of weeks back so that right there are some songs that remind me of TLJ :)

• wandrew and MisterMetropolis like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users