Photo

Ridiculous Plot Twist Predictions! (Possible Spoilers)

Spoilers fun Predictions dfc plot

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 27 March 2015 - 16:20

New thread idea - for all those with random speculations that may not fit elsewhere, or just silly ideas in regards to twists and turns in the story  :ph34r:

• pink75 likes this

just a forum ghost

#2 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 March 2015 - 16:22

You mean serious theories or just jokes?

#3 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 16:25

You mean serious theories or just jokes?

Ooh, both really, as anyone wishes. Sometimes i really convince myself my joke theories are plausible even if they aren't, so who am I to judge? Like... So what a twist if it turns out the dreamachines are part of a project trying to save people by preserving them in their dreams in the short time leading up to a second collapse or explosive reckoning. 

• pink75 likes this

just a forum ghost

#4 linkgoron

linkgoron

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 16:52

I once thought that it would be cool if Faith was actually tricked, and Zoe+Faith were unwittingly serving the "bad" guys, instead of the good guys (i.e. getting April killed).

• inspector and Abnoxious like this

#5 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 16:52

I said that elsewhere, but: Benrime is the Prophet.

She has various magical abilities, so she shapeshifted to speak with Sahya in DF. April followed her to the Journeyman. The moment Benrime got in, she got her normal form and pretended to April that she hadn't seen anything. April noticed the open door (Benrime had opened it) and while she was going down the stairs, Benrime went through the floor and became the Prophet again, just in time for April to see her.

I bet Ragnar is going to love this thread. :P

• OptoNick, Abnoxious and pink75 like this

#6 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 27 March 2015 - 16:57

Kian is Saga (who is April reborn). Him finding everything and their cat so familiar and seen everything before.Seems like he was meeting himself in hangman's span when meeting april for the first time. I feel he allows her words to sip in because he intimately knows the truth.

• Edreamer Jamil and Tomer like this

#7 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 March 2015 - 18:21

Okay...my theories after TLJ + DF + half of DFC:

Possible

Spoiler

• tummy ooh aah likes this

#8 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 March 2015 - 19:51

Bip is actually the Prophet's true shape.

• Pawlo_86, Abnoxious and pink75 like this

#9 bluejeans

bluejeans

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 20:00

Book 5 winds up, and after the credits roll, the screen zooms out to show R.T lost in thought, with the final scene on his monitor.  He then says "That was okay I guess, but I can do better" - he deletes every line of code and starts over.  :D

Or how about the entire series is actually just someones' experience when using a Dreamer?

• Abnoxious likes this

I don't have an E with two dots on top, nor an O, on my keyboard.  Apologies to Mr. Tornquist and Zoe.  :P

#10 OptoNick

OptoNick

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 March 2015 - 21:36

@Pawlo_86, sounds good, but a lot of whiskey from Stark is required for further considerations

#11 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 22:46

Utana is Crow's post-gender-species-op son and he's just popping by for tea, Queenie is a teapot but Zoe is so zombified on the Dreamer she has long, profound conversations with it and the Dragonflies are just that, dragonflies. Every character is Ragnar in disguise (you look great in the white Kins dress by the way!) and we aren't really humans we are all the sparkles under Etta's skin.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

just a forum ghost

#12 CitizenErased

CitizenErased

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 23:21

Shitbot is actually the main villain.

*pulls a gun on Zoe*

Shitbot: You just couldn't quit while you were ahead, could you, human female?

• Ringtail, spyked, Pawlo_86 and 4 others like this

#13 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:55

Let's see...Peats escaped death via the Wire before Samantha Gilmore cut him off and is animating Reza's body.  By listening to Zoe's dreams (I think he said he couldn't but he was lying), he learned how to dream himself into Arcadia and in Arcadia, he's Anna.  Naturally, he recognizes Kian from Zoe's Arcadia experiences.  He wants to help the Resistance because he's trying to get revenge on Samantha Gilmore, who is also the Prophet.

• Abnoxious likes this

#14 LizzieDream9

LizzieDream9

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIL, US

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:14

I couldn't help myself....

Brian Westhouse reveals himself to be the Thief of Dreams and when he and Kian are about to commence the final duel, Brian/Thief says to him "No, Kian, I am your father". Kian responds with "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Seriously, we know nothing about Kian's father. All we know is that his mom literally went off the deep end when he was just a boy.

Ok... no more coffee with Bailey's for me. :D

• spyked, Pawlo_86 and Abnoxious like this

~I put my heart and soul into my art, and have lost my mind in the process.~

Dream 9 Studios | DeviantArt | Steam

#15 Sophia

Sophia

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:41

Faith will appear to April, they are now both in the afterlife and she tells April that she was useless - AGAIN - not only in saving the world, but in being saved as well. Zoe ends up being killed in a welding accident by Kidbot, who only tried to help Shitbot. This of course upsets the keeper of the balance, who decides all his efforts were futile after all and takes off with Crow, on a mission to kill Kian so that at last the story is over.

• pink75 likes this

Latest blog post: s.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.feedburner.

#16 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:54

That whole sisterdaughter thing, it's because of the anachronic nature of the house of all worlds. Magnus and etta are pumping out children by the dozen and they might end up in the worlds the same generation as their "sibling". Who on their terms will produce children, who will die at some point only to be reborn as the next child of those 2

I don't know if we have to invent an penal quantumagic incest law for this :P

• Abnoxious likes this

#17 Stormwhisper

Stormwhisper

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 March 2015 - 13:11

Actually tonight I had a fun theory while coming home after a long evening with friends and beer:

I was thinking about the Zoe saving April thing, about the Coma situation, about the swamp city and what Zoe does there... I'm replaying tLJ:Dreamfall, but as far as i remember it's just Zoe being there in the swamp city, witnessing the Killing of April in this long scene where all three of our protagonists slowly come to be quite near one another (a first-time in the game, and clearly a climax), so...I was thinking about some theories I'm making up about Zoe and her dreamer's powers in shaping reality...

At the end I had some kind of flash in my mind, about Zoe saving April, so, how? By exchanging a part of herself with April, I don't really know how much this makes sense, but it does to me in some sort of way, but is still a very confused thought that needs shaping, and of course it's involving my caring for April's fate...

But it has some significance about Zoe ending up in Coma in like two worlds at the same time, bringing her to storytime, it has her saving april, it gets her into that hospital...I don't know...

• Abnoxious likes this

#18 maskedgeekgirl

maskedgeekgirl

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 15:16

Seriously, we know nothing about Kian's father. All we know is that his mom literally went off the deep end when he was just a boy.

Actually Kian mentions that he was killed by a Dolmari.

Spoiler

• LizzieDream9 and pink75 like this

April: I've got noose for you, my friend.

Kian: I've been staring at that thing for so long, maybe the two of us should get a... broom.

Zoë: Also, no groceries to cook with. I'm cook-blocked.

Dorkfall: The silliest puns

#19 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 16:26

I'm personally waiting for Kian to take over for Alex Trebek on Jeopardy. Bip is going to win Holland's Got Talent and end up marrying Amira Willighagen :D

• pink75 likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#20 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 16:34

The final conversation in Storytime takes place between Zoë and... here comes the character you absolutely won't expect...

Spoiler

• toremygg, Silvirish4ever, spyked and 3 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spoilers, fun, Predictions, dfc, plot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users