Photo

A Dream: The End of Dreamfall Chapters

Dreamfall ChaptersCrow Banda Lady Alvane House of All Worlds Draic-Kin sand-witch end bread dream sick Lux

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 29 March 2015 - 17:22

Clearly I'm far less of an expert in these matters than the people who have already posted on this thread (and keep dream journals and/or have lucid dreams on a regular basis), but some years ago I had stumbled on a "lucid dream" forum where people where discussing their experiences, methods to induce lucid dreams, etc. and I was a bit curious so I read upon the suggested methods: the one with the hand wasn't among those, Happy Tree, but there were others* such as training yourself (while you are awake) to regularly pinch your nose shut and try to breath through it. If you do that for some time, make it a habit, you increase the chance that your dreamself will attempt to do it also and they will ... fail, they will feel air pass through the closed nose (because it passes in the real world) and realize this is a dream. So, I actually did that nose-thing for a couple of weeks and it worked, giving me my first (and only) lucid experience, which I kind of "messed" up though. That dream was kind of interesting (I wonder if it was slightly influenced by Dreamfall, also!) and multilayered: I dreamt that in our world a new "travelling technology" was invented, quite similar to Zoe's powers in fact: people could go to special "stores" where they were put to sleep and while sleeping they could project themselves anywhere in the world, so they could visit any place they wanted instantaneously. So I used that in order to meet face-to-face with two very good friends (a boy and a girl) that had left to study abroad (and I missed dearly). Fun fact, because of a picture I had seen shortly before I went to bed I imagined my (blond) female friend as having dyed her hair black, with a bright red streak (like the picture I had seen), lol. So, we met at a cafeteria, chatted (can't remember details), we said goodbye for now and I proceeded to "wake up", only to find myself at my bedroom. I soon realized that I was "supposed" to have woken up at the "dream store", not at my bed, I must be still sleeping! I checked the nose thing and it was confirmed, I could breathe through it, it's a dream, omg! BUT, because I didn't actually realize that the "dream store" thing was also a part of the dream (you could say I was semi-lucid, not fully) I "panicked" that "something went WRONG, I'm stuck in the dream, what if I don't manage to ever wake up?" and that immediately woke me up for good** without actually having a chance to "practise" lucid dreaming, like taking control of the dream. After that experience, I was busy with other stuff so I didn't keep up with the "experiment" and never experienced something like that again.

*other techniques (that I vaguely remember, it's been a lot of years) included turned on and off the light switch (again as a habit), because switches turn to not work very "rationally" (as they are supposed to) in dreams, to look at a screen (like a TV or computer) or a page with something written on it, then look away and the look back to see if the image or text has changed (screens and written stuff turn to be very "unstable" in dreams, they constantly change).

**or am I still dreaming?  :ph34r:

• Speak&Spell, Ziska and Starseeker like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#22 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 29 March 2015 - 19:47

Yeah, the actual thing you do to cause you to question if you're dreaming is not particularly important. Only that you do something regularly so you are able to do it in a dream. I can recommend the book by Robert Bruce about Astral Projection in 90 days. If you follow what it advises (basically dream journals and suggestion techniques like has already been said) it will work!

Whether you are projecting anything real or are just making a dream more conscious is up for debate. It's certainly good fun to be able to control a dream.

• Vostrino likes this

#23 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 20:40

Yeah, the actual thing you do to cause you to question if you're dreaming is not particularly important. Only that you do something regularly so you are able to do it in a dream. I can recommend the book by Robert Bruce about Astral Projection in 90 days. If you follow what it advises (basically dream journals and suggestion techniques like has already been said) it will work!

Whether you are projecting anything real or are just making a dream more conscious is up for debate. It's certainly good fun to be able to control a dream.

does it work for you? I assume it does??

wow i learn something new every day...

that's awesome mate

#24 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 March 2015 - 22:06

(...) but some years ago I had stumbled on a "lucid dream" forum where people where discussing their experiences, methods to induce lucid dreams, etc. (...)

Would have happened to be dreamviews, would it? I hung out there for a while.

Whether you are projecting anything real or are just making a dream more conscious is up for debate.

Not really. It's pretty well understood.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#25 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 22:19

That's one cray dream.

I liked the part where Zoe uses her powers to transform everyone to giant teeth. Seems fitting.

This gives a clue to the name of the final DFC Book 5: Nibbles

Ohh and I hope there's no pit around for the bread to fall into. Just sayin...

#26 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 29 March 2015 - 22:53

Would have happened to be dreamviews, would it? I hung out there for a while.

I think yes, but I'm not 100% sure (it's been a long time ago and my memory isn't my proudest feature).

• khh likes this

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#27 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 00:19

In truth, most of my dreams are some kind of lucid. A very common way that I wake up is that I realise I'm in a dream and intentionally wake up. Sometimes I can't wake up for some reason and then I spend most of the dream trying to find a way to wake up. It's rare that I realise I'm in a dream and waking up isn't the first thing I try to do.

Also, this is difficult to explain, in most of my dreams I have two thought processes at the same time. I call them the Director and the Actor. The Director knows it's a dream and decides everything about it, but the Actor only knows what has happened, like the regular "dream self" of most non-lucid dreams. These two don't communicate and the Director just wants the dream to have an interesting story, so I very rarely get to the point where it feels like a "regular" lucid dream, where I do whatever I like.

After I wake up, I remember both the Director and the Actor's thoughts. So for example there have been times where the Actor was certain a plan would work, but the Director knew it wouldn't because of something unforeseen (that he'd decided). And I remember thinking both things at the same time. I don't know how common this is, but it's a kind of lucidity.

• urzagc13, Abnoxious and Starseeker like this

#28 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 March 2015 - 00:35

That's insanely interesting, Indrid, and I've never heard of something like this before (but it's not like I've researched the subject).
  • khh likes this

#29 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 30 March 2015 - 00:47

Ah Ingrid you dream like I do!! Nobody understands when I try to explain. Sometimes these dreams predict the way i'll properly wake up and interact with people the next morning. Totally understand the director-actor thing!! Freaky stuff

just a forum ghost

#30 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 30 March 2015 - 00:59

Guys, I dreamed the end of Dreamfall Chapters last night! And we all know by now how important dreams are! (Also, this is so sick I just have to share it with you guys :unsure: )

If you do not want to be spoilered, please don’t read any further!

Get this:

Spoiler

And for those of you who don’t want to read this pile of bullshit I wrote above, here is everything in a nutshell:

Spoiler

So what do you guys think? Realistic dream? Or did I watch too many Lets’ Plays of “I am Bread” on Youtube recently? :D   

(And no, I’m not using drugs  :D )

I can see them scrambling now to change the ending. lolol

#31 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:29

These days I have to wonder how serious one should/has to take dreams.

I once had a dream that felt like a past life experience thing. Since I can't say if it's true I give it a shrug off.

But what's with dreams that scare you so deeply...?
  • Speak&Spell likes this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#32 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:56

Ah Ingrid you dream like I do!! Nobody understands when I try to explain. Sometimes these dreams predict the way i'll properly wake up and interact with people the next morning. Totally understand the director-actor thing!! Freaky stuff

It's Indrid, and it's a nickname. :)

I'm not sure what you mean about predicting the way you interact with people, but it's cool you understand the Director part.

#33 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 31 March 2015 - 23:22

Indrid is one of the Mothmen, if you believe the movie...

• Indrid Cold likes this

#34 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 23:26

Indrid is one of the Mothmen, if you believe the movie...

I took the name from the book, where he's not, but I'm glad you got the reference. :)

• loranna238 likes this

#35 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:45

Sorry Indrid I replied too quick to read fully, my mistake. Oh I mean my dreams sometimes predict what is about to happen. Like I'll dream of getting up and talking to my dad downstairs and then when i wake up it happens but everything he says and all the tiny details and expressions are the same too.

just a forum ghost

#36 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:55

Oh I mean my dreams sometimes predict what is about to happen. Like I'll dream of getting up and talking to my dad downstairs and then when i wake up it happens but everything he says and all the tiny details and expressions are the same too.

Hah, that's cool! I guess you probably know him that well. :)

• Abnoxious likes this

#37 Speak&Spell

Speak&Spell

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSoul-land

Posted 07 April 2015 - 15:27

So, we met at a cafeteria, chatted (can't remember details), we said goodbye for now and I proceeded to "wake up", only to find myself at my bedroom. I soon realized that I was "supposed" to have woken up at the "dream store", not at my bed, I must be still sleeping! I checked the nose thing and it was confirmed, I could breathe through it, it's a dream, omg! BUT, because I didn't actually realize that the "dream store" thing was also a part of the dream (you could say I was semi-lucid, not fully) I "panicked" that "something went WRONG, I'm stuck in the dream, what if I don't manage to ever wake up?" and that immediately woke me up for good** without actually having a chance to "practise" lucid dreaming, like taking control of the dream. After that experience, I was busy with other stuff so I didn't keep up with the "experiment" and never experienced something like that again.

This is great, because you have experienced how and why lucid-dreaming can be very scary. I would think you can do it again, also without any forced technique. Just don't be frightened. That's the next step in my opinion. Actually you can feel your legs and body lying in the bed at same time you are having a lucid-dream. Try it. It's like having two bodies at the same time. You can learn to travel between them by concentrating and feeling. And then just continue and explore your lucid dream, perhaps more slowly, and certainly feeling more safe. You are in control and can wake up at any-time: Concentrate on waking up and be patient, it can take a little while, like 10 seconds to wake up completely. This is the next step. At first you can have helping techniques, later you can do it because you have learned it. You just have to lean it in a correct succession/order. Be sure of what you can, and you are ready to the next step.

Always remember to have plenty of sleep and rest in safe amounts. And actually lucid-dreams can be a good sign, that you are in a good rest and have excess of resting time to get even more relaxed and healthy. Lucid-dreams can get you feel completely relaxed like after a good sport exercise.

I have learned to do this gradually, after my own experiences with dreams for many years. A dream journal is really helping a lot. But you can also just try to remember the dreams shortly afterwards, just to make you more comfortable and calm in your awaken state. There can be an enormous amounts of details in the dreams, and you can recall a lot of it, and you certainly don't need it all, I would say.

Really exciting to meet friends in dreams. And that can start a whole new area for you,your dreams and your friends. I have tried it too, and to a great success also. Though you can get pretty surprised if you are lucid at the same time. We were...

You can learn/try to fly in dreams like Happy Tree did. When in lucid state, go for something you can see, fly over it to inspect it. Keep on going, it's fantastic. You really feel uplifted and free. :) I can recommend that.

Always think twice when you hear "news" from unconfirmed sources.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dreamfall ChaptersCrow, Banda, Lady Alvane, House of All Worlds, Draic-Kin, sand-witch, end, bread, dream, sick, Lux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users