Photo

A Dream: The End of Dreamfall Chapters

Dreamfall ChaptersCrow Banda Lady Alvane House of All Worlds Draic-Kin sand-witch end bread dream sick Lux

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Ziska

Ziska

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 14:04

Guys, I dreamed the end of Dreamfall Chapters last night! And we all know by now how important dreams are! (Also, this is so sick I just have to share it with you guys :unsure: )

If you do not want to be spoilered, please don’t read any further!

Get this:

Spoiler

And for those of you who don’t want to read this pile of bullshit I wrote above, here is everything in a nutshell:

Spoiler

So what do you guys think? Realistic dream? Or did I watch too many Lets’ Plays of “I am Bread” on Youtube recently? :D   

(And no, I’m not using drugs  :D )

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, Dmm and 10 others like this

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7090 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 March 2015 - 14:41

Wow. I really don't know what else to say.

• Indrid Cold and Pawlo_86 like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 14:46

If you actually did dream all that... I salute you. I've had a lot of crazy dreams but I'm not sure any were that crazy. :)

A few years ago I had a dream about a sequel to DF, called "Dreamfall Sanctuary", and the trailer showed April wearing butterfly-like wings and jumping from a tower, then flying over nighttime Marcuria.

#4 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 March 2015 - 14:46

Guys, RTG, this needs to be implemented. Like, NOW.

• Crowboy and Evi like this

#5 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 15:28

Damn! I gave the sand-witch to Bip. Where's a stupid notification when you really need it? "Playing the good samaritan will come to bite you in the ass!"

Now it's game over for me and the world(s) is doomed. Noooo.....   :megatear:

@Ziska: just...  :lol:

#6 Tarquinius

Tarquinius

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationBruges, Belgium

Posted 27 March 2015 - 15:34

I didn't knead this thread, but I sure loaf it.

• Tina, khh, mrKnask and 3 others like this

#7 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 27 March 2015 - 15:58

I didn't knead this thread, but I sure loaf it.

Y9EGksG.gif

:P

• Tarquinius and Tomer like this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#8 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 March 2015 - 20:28

I've decided to bookmark this thread, and read it only after I've finished Book 5. Then, if anything Ziska wrote is anywhere close to the actual ending, I'll buy Ziska a beer :D

• mrKnask and Ziska like this

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#9 Snø

Snø

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 23:00

My own Dreamfall-related dreams suddenly seem quite sane now :)

#10 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:31

But what if April (in going with that joke) turned into a rye bread herself?

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#11 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:21

But what if April (in going with that joke) turned into a rye bread herself?

April Rye-Anna?  ;)

• Crowboy, Tarquinius and Abnoxious like this

#12 Ziska

Ziska

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:10

Wow. I really don't know what else to say.

But is that a more positive or negative wow?  :P  

No, seriously, that was my first thought as well when I woke up yesterday  :D

If you actually did dream all that... I salute you. I've had a lot of crazy dreams but I'm not sure any were that crazy. :)

A few years ago I had a dream about a sequel to DF, called "Dreamfall Sanctuary", and the trailer showed April wearing butterfly-like wings and jumping from a tower, then flying over nighttime Marcuria.

You could try keeping a journal. When you constantly concentrate on your dreams, write them down, think about them, they seem to become more and more complex and clear the next time you dream. At least that is the experience I made.

It is the same with lucid dreams, you have a certain control over them. 

However, the explanation for this dream seems to be quite simple: 

Before I went to bed I watched certain Let’s plays about bread on Youtube after having a short DFC playthrough. Then, when already laying in bed I played with this thought in my head that maybe Lady Alvane could be Zoe. And there you have it: all the ingredients for the perfect Dreamfall-related dream  :ehehe:

I've decided to bookmark this thread, and read it only after I've finished Book 5. Then, if anything Ziska wrote is anywhere close to the actual ending, I'll buy Ziska a beer :D

I like that idea, except I’m not too fond of beer. But something else would be nice, a cup of hot chocolate with cream maybe?  ;) 

• khh and Speak&Spell like this

#13 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:46

You could try keeping a journal. When you constantly concentrate on your dreams, write them down, think about them, they seem to become more and more complex and clear the next time you dream. At least that is the experience I made.
It is the same with lucid dreams, you have a certain control over them.

I have a journal. :) My dreams are fairly complex anyway, and they used to be much more so in the past. I just don't remember them getting that complex.

I don't really want to get control of my dreams. I've had a few lucid ones but they tend to be more boring, I think.

#14 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:58

I like that idea, except I’m not too fond of beer. But something else would be nice, a cup of hot chocolate with cream maybe?  ;) 

You have a deal ;)

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#15 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7090 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 March 2015 - 14:34

I have a journal. :) My dreams are fairly complex anyway, and they used to be much more so in the past. I just don't remember them getting that complex.

I don't really want to get control of my dreams. I've had a few lucid ones but they tend to be more boring, I think.

I've read that you can actively give up control if you get lucid and just go with the flow again. Haven't tried it myself, always had stuff I wanted to do. There are tons of stuff to do. Visiting game worlds and talking to game characters and exploring the universe are some fun suggestions.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#16 Ziska

Ziska

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 15:35

I have made the experience that the last thoughts you have before falling asleep always almost find their way into your dreams. So when you are saying to yourself that you want to have control this time, chances are higher you get a lucid dream. But you have to realize first that you are asleep, that the things you dream are not real... It requires practice, and I am not very successful with it.

#17 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 28 March 2015 - 16:01

Ooooooh, now you mentioned dream journals, it explains why Zoe has a journal and Kian doesn't... just sayinnnnnn'

• Ziska likes this

just a forum ghost

#18 Ziska

Ziska

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 16:06

Ooooooh, now you mentioned dream journals, it explains why Zoe has a journal and Kian doesn't... just sayinnnnnn'

Oh, you’re right! And this reminds me that Zoe already had a journal in Dreamfall... and April also had one in TLJ, but not in Dreamfall! Does that mean, during her ten years in Arcadia, she finally woke up? Most interesting  -_-

#19 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 28 March 2015 - 16:26

Oh, you’re right! And this reminds me that Zoe already had a journal in Dreamfall... and April also had one in TLJ, but not in Dreamfall! Does that mean, during her ten years in Arcadia, she finally woke up? Most interesting  -_-

Well, I think April shifted and didn't Dream herself into Arcadia, so that may be a game format thing, although it would be interesting if before dream machines were introduced there was a way she was induced into Dreaming?

Or we could have a Matrix type set up where actually, we're all wired up to Dream machines and everything is a dream-within a dream-within a dream? 

just a forum ghost

#20 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 28 March 2015 - 19:57

I had a lucid dream just the other day. First one I've had for ages. In the dream I was like, yessss! Finally a lucid dream! So I immediately jumped off a cliff and started to fly around. I was just enjoying being able to fly again, consciously, and then the alarm went off. Typical! They say looking at your hands in a dream symbolises control and helps you to go lucid. So you should keep doing that when you're awake to train your mind to do it in dreams. Worth a try.

• Speak&Spell likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dreamfall ChaptersCrow, Banda, Lady Alvane, House of All Worlds, Draic-Kin, sand-witch, end, bread, dream, sick, Lux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users