mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:36

There are two things we need to do first:

Deliver on our Dreamfall Chapters Kickstarter promises by shipping T-shirts and fulfilling as many of the backer rewards as possible — this is our FIRST priority. We don't feel we can ask our fans for a single dollar/pound/euro/krone until we've proven that we're capable of delivering on our promises. Delays are excusable, up to a point, and we've reached that point.

Secondly, we need to design and produce the best campaign we possibly can — one that explains what Draugen is all about, lives up to the promise of the setting, the story and the design, stirs emotions (the feels!) and gives people a real incentive and reason to put their money down. We're not just going to throw it out there: we're going to work hard to deliver, and if we're going to succeed then, by god, we're going to EARN it.

So, y'know, soon?

No worries, just take your time. I'm still broke after The chapters pledge haha...

• khh and DiskJunky like this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#42 Dreamshock

Dreamshock

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:21

I've always wanted to check out Dear Esther, Outlast, and Amnesia but I could never find the time for them. Draugen, however, seems different and I'm looking forward to giving it a try. Horror games that I like include Doom 3, the F.E.A.R. series, Left 4 Dead, Half-Life 2, Bioshock, the Resident Evil series, and, even though I never worked the nerve to play it, Silent Hill (some day though).

• khh likes this

#43 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2087 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 21:21

I've always wanted to check out Dear Esther, Outlast, and Amnesia but I could never find the time for them. Draugen, however, seems different and I'm looking forward to giving it a try. Horror games that I like include Doom 3, the F.E.A.R. series, Left 4 Dead, Half-Life 2, Bioshock, the Resident Evil series, and, even though I never worked the nerve to play it, Silent Hill (some day though).

Well, outlast has the most action out of the one you cited...

Dear Esther is an exploration game.

The games from frictionnal games (All of them, penumbra and Amnesia and their next game title Soma) are real pure hooror games with a concentration on atmosphere and story. You shouldn't play them if you prefer action horror.

#44 Dreamshock

Dreamshock

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 19:26

Well, outlast has the most action out of the one you cited...

Dear Esther is an exploration game.

The games from frictionnal games (All of them, penumbra and Amnesia and their next game title Soma) are real pure hooror games with a concentration on atmosphere and story. You shouldn't play them if you prefer action horror.

Well, I'm borrowing Amnesia from a buddy and I'm going to play it to test out my feelings for games like Draugen. It looks exciting. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

#45 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2087 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 23:42

Well, I'm borrowing Amnesia from a buddy and I'm going to play it to test out my feelings for games like Draugen. It looks exciting. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Try to find the outlast game not too expensive, it's the close in terms of action horror between all the game talk earlier,

If you want real horror, then you will have it in amnesia.

#46 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 00:26

Or P.T. if you own a ps4. Granted P.T. is only a teaser/riddle to see the trailer for the new upcoming Silent Hill game. Total horror and mindfuck!

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#47 CitizenErased

CitizenErased

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 18:23

Like most horror games, I tend to always put them next to Silent Hill 2, because I firmly believe there won't be anything that can ever truly match what that one accomplished. I think it's exciting that Ragnar & the Dreamfall team is working on a horror game with presumably a more engaging story than that of Amnesia or games like it.

Looking forward to hearing more from it in the nearest future.

• Lautaro and mrKnask like this

#48 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 18:35

I don't think we will hear that much before DFC is finished but yeah, I agree!

• Lautaro likes this

#49 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2087 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 16:15

Well, Draugen seems to be mainly influence by Frictionnal Games (Amnesia and penumbra series), and that is maybe the best about it. It will be all for the story and atmosphere. So really different from FEAR or Doom games. While being more similar to Silent Hill series that is itself more about story and atmosphere.

If you can play Silent hill shattered memories, it's my best for now in the series. Word of advice, it's quite emotionnal and heartbreaking.

#50 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 30 April 2015 - 13:12

I seem to remember Ragnar having mentioned Gone Home as an inspiration as well, although that's not a scary game.

I was scared playing Gone Home

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, trentjaspar and 1 other like this

#51 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 30 April 2015 - 14:12

Btw guys after reading this thread I finally decided it was time I got round to trying "The Stanley Parable". Really love it, and the ongoing fact that these kind of experiences exist. And to me they are most certainly games.

I can't imagine their existence in other media (aside from perhaps Live Theatre)

• merryawe likes this

#52 Verterdegete

Verterdegete

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 00:55

Well, i hope that the RTG will go a bit more in the past and check (if they haven't already) some older horror adventure games that appear to share a similar concept with Draugen:

Scratches

Rhiannon: Curse of the four branches

Barrow Hill

Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder

Amber: Journeys Beyond

• popcorngal likes this

#53 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2087 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 15:34

Well, i hope that the RTG will go a bit more in the past and check (if they haven't already) some older horror adventure games that appear to share a similar concept with Draugen:

Scratches

You are so right about Scratches, I actually found this game of the caliber of an Stephen King story, just because of the way it's told...

• popcorngal likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users