5 replies to this topic

#1 tubbyros

tubbyros

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 20:23

Hi there,

I recently installed Windows 10 Tech Preview, I have installed my latest drivers from Via HD website.

I was trying out Dreamfall (which has previously worked on the same machine but on Win7) and there is no sound at all either in game or splash/menu etc..

I have attached all the info I can for the issue hopefully I can get back to playing soon!

PS loved the original and can't wait to get back into this.

Attached Files

#2 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2015 - 20:58

Does it work in other games? Since Win10 isn't finished yet and the Via drivers for it neither, I wouldn't start blaming DFC before everything else was tested.
  • Morten likes this

#3 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 23 March 2015 - 23:21

I wouldn't expect any official support for a beta OS. But im sure RTG will keep all windows 10 bug reports to check on closer to the OS's official release.

Windows 10 tech preview is known to suffer from all sorts of sound related bugs. My test win 10 box at my office does too.
  • Morten likes this

#4 tubbyros

tubbyros

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 20:07

Does it work in other games? Since Win10 isn't finished yet and the Via drivers for it neither, I wouldn't start blaming DFC before everything else was tested.

Sure it's working on Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 4 no problems.

I wouldn't expect any official support for a beta OS. But im sure RTG will keep all windows 10 bug reports to check on closer to the OS's official release.

Windows 10 tech preview is known to suffer from all sorts of sound related bugs. My test win 10 box at my office does too.

Yeah I was thinking the same with Win10 around the corner I will probably see via and/or Microsoft fix this with some backwards compat, it may not be the game but as I mentioned above it is working in my other games...

#5 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 March 2015 - 20:21

Try a demo for another Unity 4 game?

The dark eye - Blackguards is a Unity engine game, and it was released in January 2014, so it should be Unity 4(?). Demo.

If the demo also has no sound, it could be a Unity thing. :)

#6 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:02

I'm not sure if people are aware but there is currently a sound bug in W 10 currently going through MS fixing / testing.

If you have an optical connection from motherboard to surround-sound controller, 5.1 does not work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sound, directx12, Windows10, Beta 2.0.2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users