#1 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:13

You know how many people fear the number 13 because it's "unlucky"? Well, ever since I finished TLJ, it is one of the lucky numbers for me. :D Case in point: when I went to the driving theory exam today, I was assigned the seat number 13--pulled it off without a single error. So... yay to TLJ for subverting triskaidekaphobia? How do you feel about that number?

#2 VollachR

VollachR

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationPetah Tikva, Israel

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:27

Well, in Jewish culture the number 13 symbolizes a number of good things actually and is considered by many to be a lucky number, I never feared it, nor do I believe strongly in it being a lucky number, got not special feeling about it, my preferred numbers are 6 & 7, don't ask me why, I can't explain.

Here's a little from Wikipedia about 13 in Judaism:

1. In Judaism, 13 signifies the age at which a boy matures and becomes a Bar Mitzvah, i.e., a full member of the Jewish faith (counts as a member of Minyan).
2. The number of principles of Jewish faith according to Maimonides.
3. According to Rabbinic commentary on the Torah, God has 13 Attributes of Mercy.
4. The number of circles, or "nodes", that make up Metatron's Cube in Kaballistic teachings.

I do believe 13 to be a significant number in many ways though, that's true for many cultures as is evident from various stories, movies and games that surround the number 13, including TLJ & Dreamfall.

• Happy one likes this

Ron Vollach
Dream Traveler
Proud Backer of DREAMFALL CHAPTERS
Twitter: @VollachR | Facebook: Ron Vollach | STEAM: VollachR | Instagram: @VollachR Flickr: Ron Vollach

Pinterest: Ron Vollach | G2A Loot: Click Here

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself."

#3 ACID_RAIN82

ACID_RAIN82

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:58

Vestrum Tobias said that in Arcadia the number 13 is considered lucky. For other references to 13 in tlj, click here

• wandrew, Guran and Happy one like this

#4 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 22:40

13 is the number of duality. 6 is supposedly the "bad" number and 7 is supposedly the "good" number. Together they make 13.

• Starseeker likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#5 Happy one

Happy one

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 00:35

A year ago I travelled (alone) to neighbouring region - by train. It was September 13th, place 13. And nothing happened - I spent good time and returned home fresh and happy. (I visited one good professional who is a famous and kind person. )

But I'm afraid of 13, to be honest.

#6 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:50

It's only a number. What you think of it, gives it the meaning. That's what I think

• WorldsReunited and DiskJunky like this

#7 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:15

It's only a number. What you think of it, gives it the meaning. That's what I think

So do you think that you thinking that thinking of it gives it meaning gives what you think meaning, as well?
  • Dmm, Crowboy and Happy one like this

#8 Happy one

Happy one

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 19:54

is considered by many to be a lucky number

Yeah, I've heard from some people that this number is their lucky one (I'm not from Israel, though).

So do you think that you thinking that thinking of it gives it meaning gives what you think meaning, as well?

OMG. Sounds like cycles in programming :) 

#9 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 20:23

Actually, yes  :P

#10 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:39

OMG. Sounds like cycles in programming :)

Actually, yes  :P

Then we have to go deeper. :D
  • Crowboy and Starseeker like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users