Photo
- - - - -

MISSING BIP!!

Bip Bug Help

Best Answer khh , 22 March 2015 - 19:41

Hey, there is more information and work arounds available in this thread. There is currently also a patch in beta on Steam (have to opt in if you want it) that fixes the issue.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lexicon3000

lexicon3000

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 19:17

I downloaded Dreamfall Chapters from Steam and am having issues with the second chapter.

There are three tasks to complete; destroy shipment, listen to the mole, and intercept a traitor 

I've fully completed the first two, but the third one is causing major problems!! I go to the market and meet Bip and then choose to follow him. We reach the guards and he says "meet you on the other side" and then goes into the alley way. I pass through the gate and nothing happens. I know he is supposed to be there and I know there is a bug because, as soon as I turn around and go back I hear him talking to me. He asks if I am leaving and says that he'll wait for me there. But there is no Bip to be seen anywhere!! 

It is super frustrating cause I know he is supposed to be there because I can hear him, but no Bip.

I hope some of the makers see this and fix the problem and create an update. I wouldn't want to try to start over just to find that it happens again.

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 March 2015 - 19:41   Best Answer

Hey, there is more information and work arounds available in this thread. There is currently also a patch in beta on Steam (have to opt in if you want it) that fixes the issue.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 lexicon3000

lexicon3000

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 20:17

Updated the game with the beta and there is still no Bip to be found, he still talks to me when I try to leave.   :tear:

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#4 oblivione

oblivione

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas, United States

Posted 23 March 2015 - 14:30

THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME, TOO!!! :tear:

I've done everything everyone is telling me to do. I downloaded the beta 2.0.1 patch, Bip still disappears. I do all the other quests in Marcuria before the Bip quest, he still disappears. I tried to time it just right so that Bip would "disappear" at the end of the alleyway and Kian would make it through the guards' checkpoint at about the same time and still nothing. I don't know what to do!

Oh and a lot of people - including Ragnar, if I'm not mistaken - have said that continuing on to the meeting should make Bip reappear, but that didn't work for me. I wanted so badly just to talk to the guard at the meeting, but it won't let me unless Bip shows back up.

...help?

Edited by oblivione, 23 March 2015 - 14:35.

"If I am insane, why aren't I seeing fluffy pink rabbits right now?"

- April Ryan

"So, hey, if we hit April with a really big frying pan, she'll come to her senses, right?" - Crow

"What? No!" - Zoe Castillo

"Yes, yes! It's called 'therapy'. I read about it somewhere. Well, not 'read'. More like 'heard'. In a seedy tavern near the docks. After eleven thimbles of Merry Minstrum's Yellow Fire. Just before Dawn. On a Monday." - Crow

#5 lexicon3000

lexicon3000

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 19:38

Alright, I didn't want to, but I started Book 2 over. I figured it wasn't that far into the story, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. As soon as I got to the town, I went straight to Bip (skipped The Mole entirely). I followed him, he disappeared, and I walked through the gate. the walked on the right side of the path by the pipes. And low and behold, BIP!!! He came out of the bushes and found me. I completed the other 2 tasks as soon as I was done

• Tina likes this

#6 katpip

katpip

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:25

I'm having the same problem finding Bip. I talked to him, then followed him and he left to get through the gate and when I go through, I can hear him talking t me, asking me if I'm going to Old Town and that he will wait for me here at the gate. I can't see him anywhere....only hear him. 

Has anyone found a way to make him reappear?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bip, Bug, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users