27 replies to this topic

#1 LizzieDream9

LizzieDream9

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIL, US

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:16

I bought the special edition of Dreamfall Chapters at GOG because one of the extra features was the inclusion of the soundtrack. So far there is only a soundtrack included for Book 1. Will soundtracks for Book 2 and the following books be released as well? If so, any timetable about when the Book 2 soundtrack since Book 2 is now out? I'm loving the music for Chapters even more so than the original Dreamfall which is one of my favorite game soundtracks. I like listening to game soundtracks while working as they help me focus more so than other types of music. :)

~I put my heart and soul into my art, and have lost my mind in the process.~

Dream 9 Studios | DeviantArt | Steam

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:24

The soundtrack included in the Special Edition is just for Book One. If you look, it specifically says that. (Digital soundtrack featuring music from Dreamfall Chapters Book One in FLAC and MP3 format)

So no more music will be "added," however a full OST was a reward for certain Kickstarter tiers and an add-on, too, IIRC. Some indication has been made that this may be made available for purchase separately. 

Short version: No more music will be added to the Special Edition, but more may be available for separate purchase later. 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:27

I'm pretty sure RTG will put the full soundtrack up for purchase, but I don't think there will be any more soundtracks released until after Book Five is out.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 LizzieDream9

LizzieDream9

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIL, US

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:28

Ah, I knew that's what it said but I thought it was because only Book 1 was out at the time. Thanks for the clarification. I missed out on the Kickstarter campaign. I had no idea it existed until it was over. :( 

Seeing as how I bought both the Dreamfall Soundtrack and EP for the first game, I'll definitely be buying the full soundtrack for DFC once it comes out. I don't have a problem paying for great music. :)

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:33

Yeah, I get that it might be a little confusing. (And sorry if I sounded like... ...weird pointing that out. A handful of people missed that, which is why I mentioned.) 

Simon's a great composer and I can't wait for the full OST. Missing the Kickstarter happens. RTG needs people to buy the game now, too! Equally important. 

It'd be cool if there was a way for people with the special edition to "upgrade" to the full OST, but I don't know how feasible that would be. But yeah, I expect the full OST will be available eventually. 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#6 LizzieDream9

LizzieDream9

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIL, US

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:44

Missing the Kickstarter happens. RTG needs people to buy the game now, too! Equally important. 

Well, I've bought the game twice so I'm hoping that makes up for it. (Once on GOG and again recently on Steam.) :)

Just the Book 1 soundtrack and other extras made the special edition on GOG worth it so no sad face here about that. I just hope the Dreamfall Chapters soundtrack will be easier to get than the Dreamfall soundtrack and EP was. It took forever for the official soundtrack CD to get shipped to me here in the US and I forgot all the hoops I had to go through to get the EP because it was only available in Norway or with the really high prices Collector's Edition thingy. (The EP had the four songs by Magnet on it though I only really wanted the song on it that wasn't on his other albums, Be With You.) It would be fantastic if they get the Dreamfall Chapters soundtrack on iTunes worldwide. I have no idea how that's done though so I don't know if it's feasible for RTG or not. 

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:50

I'm not sure if it will be on iTunes, but if they do sell it it will certainly be available for digital download. The question is really if it will be available on CD at all for non-backers.

And yeah Simon has done really great work on the music. I'm super happy with it :D

April Ryan is my friend,

#8 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:40

RTG said that there won't be soundtrack for Book Two and that there will be new music in Book Three. Fully soundtrack is planned after Book Five.

#9 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:27

I'm pretty sure RTG will put the full soundtrack up for purchase, but I don't think there will be any more soundtracks released until after Book Five is out.

Correct. Simon will make the full soundtrack available for purchase after release, and after backers get their copies. And we're not doing individual soundtracks for each book. The next soundtrack release will be the full score from all five books (although, of course, not with every single track included).

• Edreamer Jamil and khh like this

#10 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 17:54

The next soundtrack release will be the full score from all five books (although, of course, not with every single track included).

What does it mean? There will be music in the game not available on the soundtrack?

The Book 1 soundtrack is a real treat. I enjoy it very much.

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 March 2015 - 18:15

What does it mean? There will be music in the game not available on the soundtrack?

The Book 1 soundtrack is a real treat. I enjoy it very much.

Yes. There's a lot of music in games, and some of it doesn't really fit a soundtrack format, such as short pieces. 

• Crowboy likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#12 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:10

So, uh, slightly off-topic, but has there been any more talk of a way to drop in ambient music-- such as the wonderful fan-made music from our little contest?

I assume it's not yet implemented in the game, right?  But any mention of it from RTG?

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle" and "The Cat Lady."  Previous game: "A Bird Story"

#13 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:12

I haven't heard anything since the books started dropping. I think they've been busy lately, and it's either gotten lost or they haven't had time. Right around release is a very busy time for the programmers too (fixing bugs).

April Ryan is my friend,

#14 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:22

This is a little offtopic, but what do you think about making the soundtrack available at streamingsoundtrack.com, an online radio for soundtracks? It is possible to send them original CDs and they will then include it in their archive, so people can request the tracks to be played. As there is no CD for the DFC soundtrack, I think RTG staff would have to get in touch with them and send them the files, so they know it's not pirated stuff they get. This could be free promotion?

#15 byatrobe

byatrobe

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:48

i think i'm really slow to this, but how do i get the soundtrack for book 1?

#16 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:57

It's accessible through Humble Bundle. Here are instructions, courtesy of Vainamoinen's useful FAQ in the no-spoiler forum:

some of the digital rewards, like wallpapers, are already available via Humble. From the Dreamfall Chapters main page, click on "audio" to retrieve the soundtrack of Book 1 and on "ebooks" to get the Book 1 artbook and Propast map.

• agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen and byatrobe like this

#17 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:55

That does raise a question not for the FAQ, but indeed for the wiki. Will the bandcamp soundtrack be 'updated' as well (like e.g. the Broken Age soundtrack), or will Books 2 to 5 be treated as a separate release?

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#18 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:52

That does raise a question not for the FAQ, but indeed for the wiki. Will the bandcamp soundtrack be 'updated' as well (like e.g. the Broken Age soundtrack), or will Books 2 to 5 be treated as a separate release?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. I don't think those who bought the Book One soundtract will get the complete soundtrack for free, but that they do plan to put the soundtrack up for sale. I think it's part of a contract or an understanding they have with Simon, that he get's the revenue from selling the soundtrack to non backers.

(All of this being speculation of course)

(edit: for clarity backers who backed at the level where they get the soundtrack, will of course get the soundtrack)

• Mr Moo likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#19 byatrobe

byatrobe

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:00

It's accessible through Humble Bundle. Here are instructions, courtesy of Vainamoinen's useful FAQ in the no-spoiler forum:

thanks!

• Ringtail likes this

#20 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:05

The song that starts when Saga turns on her walkman and picks up crow sounds like a version of slipperheroes song called ELG I really like that version PLEASE LET THAT BE ON THE SOUNDTRACK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users