89 replies to this topic

#81 Endril

Endril

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 22:27

I am not going to make a guess. I'm always wrong when I make a guess.

Other than that: Good. Good good.

Hmm, if you think that will be good good and if you're always wrong, I wonder where this leaves us? :D

• khh likes this

#82 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 22:33

It's a fair observation for sure. It might be reasonable to start talking about TLJH after Book 5 is released, but it doesn't make a lot of sense while DFC isn't even halfway done.

I can see where people like to consider the big picture. Maybe that's something that can be done in it's own thread, but I think it's distracting to discuss it in DFC-specific threads.

• khh likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#83 Oktalist

Oktalist

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 March 2015 - 22:51

I do agree with Erika, but I also think that speculation about TLJx should be looked upon as praise for RTG's work so far, from those who love it so much that they are hungry for more1,2.
1m0ar!!!1
2And who are perhaps not long sighted enough to recognize that more1 doesn't necessarily have to be part of the same universe.

For me personally, anything else set in the TLJ universe would be a fantastic bonus beyond my wildest dreams, but not something I feel entitled to lobby for3. I think developers should make the games they want to make, because they usually know better than us.
3Unless, of course, Chapters ends on a cliff-hanger like Dreamfall did, which we are reliably informed will not happen.
  • Mr Moo likes this

#84 zack

zack

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire. UK

Posted 22 March 2015 - 23:37

i have to say i have been saddened by the amount of unfair criticism that RTG have been receiving on some forums everything from the games too short to the trash cans in europolis stink.

and the worse thing is it is absolutely clear for everybody to see the amount of work that as gone in to this game and for small game company with a very small team they have achieved something on par and has good as what a large gaming company with a large team could create.

these guys   are talented and its clear they are as passionate and love the TLJ world as much as we do. but as Erika said

what we don't want is for these guys to get that much negative and unfair criticism that they think what's the point anymore   and its no longer fun and enjoyable for them to have the energy to continue to work and develop this world. anymore. because if something ever became that tiresome and stressful etc even i would agree and recommend someone to take a break from it or to chuck in the towel completely.

your health is the most important thing regardless.

i have to say i am really looking forward to book 3 and seeing where the story goes i found book 2 very action packed and fast pace and it was hard to keep up with sometimes there was a lot to take in and i don't know where to start with book 3 speculation as to where i think the story will go etc.

but i get the feeling its going to be one heck of a rollercoaster.  

• Mr Moo likes this

#85 Sophia

Sophia

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:28

How about that Book Two, eh? PRETTY HUGE AMIRITE? Now who's excited for Book Three? *raiseshand*

ME! Me-me-me-me-me-me! (and me)

Attached File  RaisedHands.png   5.59KB   2 downloads

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

Latest blog post: s.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.feedburner.

#86 Chadlton

Chadlton

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:57

Thank you, Erika. That's pretty insightful, and…yeah. Thanks.

How about that Book Two, eh? PRETTY HUGE AMIRITE? Now who's excited for Book Three? *raiseshand*

Fist bump for BOOK THREE!!! YEAH!

#87 tummy ooh aah

tummy ooh aah

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2015 - 18:18

I'm a tad late here but I want to note that I never received this update. I did get #79 though. I realize this has been a bit of a continuous problem, and I am totally understanding, just thought I'd put it out there anyway.

#88 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 March 2015 - 18:21

(If you are a Kickstarter backer, and not a backer through Paypal) try contacting Kickstarter Support and ask them what's going on. It's totally their problem, not something Red Thread Games has any influence on.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#89 tummy ooh aah

tummy ooh aah

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 March 2015 - 18:41

Paypal unfortunately. I usually get the updates late, but this time not at all! Not a big deal though.

#90 The-Hige

The-Hige

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:16

Okay, glad that the wait won't be as long as for book two. After that cliffanger, it would have been sadistic.

186891e7sign.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, update, concept art, kickstarter, kickstarter update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users