#61 Elpiniki Kappa

Elpiniki Kappa

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLeeds, UK

Posted 21 March 2015 - 15:49

The design of the new character is insanely beautiful and *so* steampunk! I just love it. Can I say I already have some kind of weird (in a good way :P) voice about him in my mind..!? He is so... ''vivid''! :sohappy:

Can I also say that updates likes this make my day and I so much enjoy this interaction we have with RTG. I feel no impatience any more about getting the different chapters. And it's way better. Just you know, enjoy the ''ride''. It is a pretty rare process that many fans of different kind of arts and consumers DON'T get and we should appreciate it along the way, because guess what? It's going to be over one day and we *are* going to miss it. But humans never thing that long do they? :P Stop complaining and being difficult and just enjoy the bloody ride! Peace out. <3 :crow:

• agirlnamedbob, TalkingOak and Dreamincolours like this

Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum...

#62 ElDoRado1239

ElDoRado1239

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Location203km from Přístaviště

Posted 21 March 2015 - 17:07

More DFC after 5th book...? Well, I don't know about you, but I have bought something called a "season pass". That suggest this is a "season". And where there's a first season... *opens Kickstarter in a new tab and fetches his wallet, just to make sure he's ready* :D

• Oktalist and Ravenwoods like this

So, wake up, Miss Castillo. Wake up and... *smell the ashes*...

#63 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 17:15

Just... ...Because I don't want anyone who doesn't follow regularly to get the wrong idea...

It's called a "Season Pass" because that's the industry term for buying all parts of an episodic game and they wanted to make it clear that with the purchase you get all five Books. There's no plans for a "Season Two" and based on what we've been told, this should wrap up the Dreamer Cycle enough that we won't need one. ;)

The design of the new character is insanely beautiful and *so* steampunk! I just love it. Can I say I already have some kind of weird (in a good way :P) voice about him in my mind..!? He is so... ''vivid''! :sohappy:

This definitely isn't just you. I already have two distinct ideas for how I think his personality is going to be. I'm excited to see how close I'm going to end up being with either of them. ;)

• khh, Moto200 and Ravenwoods like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#64 ElDoRado1239

ElDoRado1239

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 18:44

It's called a "Season Pass" because that's the industry term for buying all parts of an episodic game and they wanted to make it clear that with the purchase you get all five Books. There's no plans for a "Season Two" and based on what we've been told, this should wrap up the Dreamer Cycle enough that we won't need one. ;)

Thanks for killing my hopes and dreams.

Jk, I didn't expect any sequels anyway, I wasn't being serious. :D But yeah, sorry if I was about to create confusing rumors by accident.  :ph34r:

• agirlnamedbob, Indrid Cold, Oktalist and 1 other like this

#65 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 March 2015 - 00:18

Yep. There will be NO season two of Dreamfall Chapters. The story will end definitely and finally with Book Five.

• agirlnamedbob, CosmicD, Pawlo_86 and 1 other like this

#66 ElDoRado1239

ElDoRado1239

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:18

Yep. There will be NO season two of Dreamfall Chapters. The story will end definitely and finally with Book Five.

When you put it that way, it sounds... ominous.  :mellow:

• CosmicD and Ravenwoods like this

#67 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:04

When you put it that way, it sounds... ominous.  :mellow:

Right? Kinda needs a "dun, dun dun..." :P

Though I feel like "ominous" is a pretty good word to describe much of the game thus far, so... ...appropriate. 

• khh and Crowboy like this

#68 Oktalist

Oktalist

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:27

If all goes well, at the end of your journey, when your story is complete, you will see me again, one last time.
  • agirlnamedbob, khh, Mr Moo and 1 other like this

#69 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:09

Right? Kinda needs a "dun, dun dun..." :P

I'm thinking of a disembodied ominous voice echoing throughout the web...

#70 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2118 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 18:51

And when it will happen, you will be able to sleep again XD

#71 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 18:53

And when it will happen, you will be able to sleep again XD

No time to rest, must continue to TLJH  :crow:

#72 Jito463

Jito463

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationNebraska, US of A

Posted 22 March 2015 - 20:17

No time to rest, must continue to TLJH  :crow:

You're giving Ragnar far too much slack, Crowboy.  Continue to TLJH?  No, no, no.  It must be concurrent with DF:C.  They must begin immediately, while at the same time finishing DF:C.

Gotta keep the whip cracking on them.

• Crowboy and Funny Bird like this

#73 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 March 2015 - 20:48

Okay... Guys... All joking aside, I kinda have to get this off my chest because it's bugging me a bit here. 

I want TLJH to happen as much as the next fan, but I don't think bringing it up in every single update or every time the "What will RTG to next" question is posed is really helping. In fact, I'm worried that it's becoming tiring and frustrating for the team and kind of...not funny anymore? :/

Like...I'm not reprimanding anyone or anything, I just... don't want it to start to feel like we're being overly demanding or never satisfied. I don't want to put so much pressure on RTG that they get frustrated and want to wash their hands of the world entirely. I don't want them to walk away from these updates regretting that they ever uttered the words "TLJH."

What they're doing right now is clearly a HUGE undertaking and I guess I just...feel like these updates and stuff should be more about focusing on, asking questions about, and appreciating the game they're currently pouring their hearts and souls into. 

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, khh and 14 others like this

#74 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 March 2015 - 20:52

Thank you for saying that :) I've been feeling the same, but I haven't known quite how to express it.

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and Carla like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#75 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 March 2015 - 21:02

What they're doing right now is clearly a HUGE undertaking and I guess I just...feel like these updates and stuff should be more about focusing on, asking questions about, and appreciating the game they're currently pouring their hearts and souls into. 

Thank you, Erika. That's pretty insightful, and…yeah. Thanks.

How about that Book Two, eh? PRETTY HUGE AMIRITE? Now who's excited for Book Three? *raiseshand*

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and 13 others like this

#76 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 March 2015 - 21:40

The only thing that would make me more excited for Book Three would be if I found out the amazing chickens were going to be replaced with equally amazing seagulls for me to harass. 

But yes. Hella excited. BRING IT ON. 

;)

• Mr Moo and Bruno like this

#77 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 March 2015 - 22:08

I feel like the story is approaching the rapids. The two first books have been all about paddling around on the lake and on the river, sucking in the sights, becoming familiar with the world again and rediscovering the quiet wonder and amazement. But now we're reaching the point where the story picks us up and drives us along the currents towards the eventual waterfall and I am very much looking forwards to seeing where it is that we're headed. I think the next book will be more fast paced, and will be evoking different emotions. I think the tone will change a little. I'm very exited to see it.

• Tina and Indrid Cold like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#78 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 March 2015 - 22:10

I feel like the story is approaching the rapids. The two first books have been all about paddling around on the lake and on the river, sucking in the sights, becoming familiar with the world again and rediscovering the quiet wonder and amazement. But now we're reaching the point where the story picks us up and drives us along the currents towards the eventual waterfall and I am very much looking forwards to seeing where it is that we're headed. I think the next book will be more fast paced, and will be evoking different emotions. I think the tone will change a little. I'm very exited to see it.

• khh likes this

#79 Jito463

Jito463

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationNebraska, US of A

Posted 22 March 2015 - 22:10

I would, of course, hope it was obvious that I was joking. :)

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#80 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 March 2015 - 22:12

I would, of course, hope it was obvious that I was joking. :)

Oh, I know! Hence why I didn't target anyone specifically. Genuinely wasn't trying to reprimand anyone or anything. I think it was clear you were joking. 

I was more making a blanket statement. I hope no one feels like I was picking on them. It's been something I've been thinking about for a while and I was just putting it out there since the subject was up. 

• khh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, update, concept art, kickstarter, kickstarter update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users