#1 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 March 2015 - 17:41

[link to Kickstarter update]

We're alive!

Against all odds, we survived these last couple of back-breaking and soul-crushing

Norwegian winter months to deliver what we believe is the biggest and most ambitious

single episode of any episodic adventure game EVER.

(We're quite possibly wrong, but it's definitely in the top three.)

Update 2.0.1.

With a reported¹ 6-12 (!) hours of play time, we hope you all understand why a) it took four

months to make, and b ) why there are still a few bugs in this episode.

We've just released a beta version of update 2.0.1 to Steam. Follow this link with

instructions about how to access the beta and to read the patch notes. The beta is only

available via Steam, but as soon as it's been verified and tested, we'll push it out to

everyone, everywhere.

(Mac users struggling with crashes should definitely try the beta. There was a Yosemite

bug on certain OS-X systems equipped with AMD graphics cards that's hopefully been

rectified. Until we get feedback from affected users, however, we can't know for sure, so

please let us know if this fixes the problem for you.)

German and French versions

Due to the scope and number of spoken lines in Book Two (more than in Book One) it's

taken our amazingly patient, diligent and hard-working translators (and German voice

actors) a bit longer than anticipated to get the localised versions finished.

That work is now almost complete, but it will take us a few days to integrate and test all

the text and sound files. Since we can't publish new versions over the weekend, this means

that the complete German and French versions of Book Two will arrive next week.

We'll keep you updated and we apologise for the delay.

Book Three

After taking a very well deserved long weekend off, the team is back in full production

mode on both Book Three and a little surprise we have planned for April/May. This

surprise will be available first to our early access backers, followed by the rest of our

backers, and finally everyone else...so stay tuned for more information about that. Soon.

Ish.

In terms of timelines, Book Three won't take as long as Book Two. We probably won't

announce any release date until we're very close, but we will of course continue to update

you all on our progress along the way.

Book Three will not be as epic sized as Book Two. With our second episode, we wanted to

ramp up the drama and bring the story to a certain point in time, which required us to

include more content than we'd originally planned. Book Three will be more streamlined

and intense. And while we're still in the early production and design phases on the final

two books, neither of those will be quite as massive as Book Two.

In the end, however, we will have delivered a game that's far, far beyond our 10-12 hours

Kickstarter promise. (And we will most likely never make another game this big ever again.

There's only so much ten people can do!)

As a little teaser for what's coming in Book Three, here's a concept of a character who will

play a small but pivotal role in the story going forward.

Presenting Ferdows, the first non-military, non-priestess Azadi we've met in the series:

64b471a5d3b7f9488e2cc0043768ce4b_origina

We'll be back soon with another update, and next time we will talk a bit about Kickstarter

rewards, since we do get some questions from backers about the timelines for both the

digital and physical rewards.

On that note, if you have not redeemed your game key yet, follow this link for instructions
about how to do that
. With Book Two out, it's definitely time to start playing, if you haven't

done so yet!

Oh, and if you have friends, family, frenemies and mortal enemies who have yet to buy

Dreamfall Chapters, the game is currently 30% off on Steam!

As the Azadi would say: May the Light of the Goddess shine upon you all and guide you

away from the Shadow.

Team RTG

1. Reported by our players on various forums. No scientific method of any sort used.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#2 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3088 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 17:43

I wonder what this Ferdows thinks about the occupation.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#3 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 19 March 2015 - 17:43

Hmm, the "surprise" begins to sound like the missing interlude more and more. Still, it may be something totally different, so let's keep our expectations low for now.
  • agirlnamedbob, debro, Elpiniki Kappa and 1 other like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 March 2015 - 17:44

Could be dem outfits. :P #BondageSeductionZoeLives

EDIT: I don't actually think that's what it is. I'm just making a joke. Just so we're clear. 

• Edreamer Jamil and Sha'nie like this

#5 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7104 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 March 2015 - 17:53

I am not going to make a guess. I'm always wrong when I make a guess.

Other than that: Good. Good good.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and Endril like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#6 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 March 2015 - 17:56

Right?

Also super looking forward to the new character. He looks amazing!
  • khh likes this

#7 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 17:57

Oh wow. Is that Christer's design?

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#8 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 19 March 2015 - 18:15

The art work is just top. Is it the same artist that did the original concepts for europolis back at the start ? Sven... somthing right ? or did they switch... I duno

#9 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 18:20

Christer Sveen, Dreamfall alumni.

I thought that he more or less left after RTG got their own extremely capable character designers on board, mulmbot and Mrgrav. This here looks like his work though — he even has Falk Friedman's hands. ;)

• Lee-m likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#10 Tarquinius

Tarquinius

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationBruges, Belgium

Posted 19 March 2015 - 18:22

Looks like we'll have more to discuss about on the steam machines in Arcadia come Book 3! Or more accurately, you people will get to do the theorycrafting, I get to read 'em. :)

The art's amazing, by the way. Can't wait.

#11 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 19 March 2015 - 18:44

I thought that he more or less left after RTG got their own extremely capable character designers on board, mulmbot and Mrgrav. This here looks like his work though — he even has Falk Friedman's hands. ;)

I suspected so, but I dont remeber seeing much on the swap. But the style seems.... same(ish). anyway, its top stuff. Always in TLJ style, must be quite a task.

Christer Sveen, Dreamfall alumni.

Just looking at the stuff on his site, guy is a pro of the highest order. Darkppls library concept art. wow :)
TLJH concept art was his right ? Amazing to get April just right like that, with her back turned and all.
  • Vainamoinen, khh and Crowboy like this

#12 longnightfalling

longnightfalling

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 March 2015 - 19:18

Yeah, Christer is amazing.  Though I'm reminded by this image that once upon a time it was the intention that Ben-Bandu appear in Dreamfall.  Look at the left side of the image for his name.

I wonder when along the line that changed to the more drastic ends we saw in Book Two.

#13 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 March 2015 - 19:33

Ferdows must be one of those engineers or architects who are supposed to work on The Engine.

• Mr Moo likes this

#14 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:47

Amazing artwork. I hope this new surprise planned, will be available to all early access backers this time and not steam only.

#15 Sophia

Sophia

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:56

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee a surprise, I am fond of surprises! Does that mean we have to cancel our Norwegian cruise that we planned for May? :D

Latest blog post: s.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.feedburner.

#16 ElDoRado1239

ElDoRado1239

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Location203km from Přístaviště

Posted 19 March 2015 - 21:03

Great news indeed.

My two favourite bits are "The Surprise" and "In terms of timelines, Book Three won't take as long as Book Two." - since it really didn't feel like such a long wait since Book One. Getting Book Three even faster? I like that.

I'm just kind of confused about the rest being smaller, how much smaller are we talking here? That's the only part that scared me a bit. Hopefully this doesn't mean, like, half the playtime of Book Two or something...?
Or does that mean just more action in fewer locations? That wouldn't bother me at all.

• aeonfluxx75 and Sha'nie like this

So, wake up, Miss Castillo. Wake up and... *smell the ashes*...

#17 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 March 2015 - 21:47

I'm allready like ferdow looking forward to meet him - 

That update 2.01 cant find it on steam or is it allready updated in game on steam ( yah i know i'm data retarded sorry)  last time we had an on steam update it started an update when i started the game but this time nothing happent.  :P

#18 OptoNick

OptoNick

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 March 2015 - 21:53

Ok, someone have to play/replay Book Two to make screenshots of new journal entries. I've beaten it three times in last week, it's quiet enough for me at the moment :)

#19 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2015 - 21:54

I'm allready like ferdow looking forward to meet him -

That update 2.01 cant find it on steam or is it allready updated in game on steam ( yah i know i'm data retarded sorry) last time we had an on steam update it started an update when i started the game but this time nothing happent. :P

You have to open the settings page by right clicking on DFC and change to the beta updates.

But that's only if you really want to have it now. If you are unsure just do nothing and wait for the patch to come to the regular update channel.
  • Sha'nie likes this

#20 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 19 March 2015 - 22:25

Yeah, Christer is amazing.  Though I'm reminded by this image that once upon a time it was the intention that Ben-Bandu appear in Dreamfall.  Look at the left side of the image for his name.

I wonder when along the line that changed to the more drastic ends we saw in Book Two.

Actually, we have a direct concept art of Ben Bandu from the Dreamfall era. And the wiki reminds us that (Dreamfall Chapters Book 2 spoilers)

Spoiler

• wandrew, NeilClaimer and longnightfalling like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, update, concept art, kickstarter, kickstarter update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users