#41 Retodon8

Retodon8

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 December 2015 - 15:17

I'm pretty sure it was also mentioned in Book 4 that some Oular started living on the ground, singing to the soil. Making the Oular, Grubbers, and Banda all related.

A species came from elsewhere, ended up living closer to other species, and that makes them related? That seems to indicate they are not related, at least not in taxonomic way. Or, are you saying the fact that they're also using a kind of earth magic makes them related? That too doesn't make them related. What do you mean exactly?

#42 Oktalist

Oktalist

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 December 2015 - 19:30

I'm pretty sure it was also mentioned in Book 4 that some Oular started living on the ground, singing to the soil.

A species came from elsewhere, ended up living closer to other species, and that makes them related?

There was no suggestion of "living closer to other species". First there were no Banda. Then some Oular moved to the ground and became the Banda.

So I guess some Oular started living on the ground, became Banda, then some Banda dug into the old caverns and started living there, becoming Grubbers.

#43 Retodon8

Retodon8

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 December 2015 - 20:14

There was no suggestion of "living closer to other species". First there were no Banda. Then some Oular moved to the ground and became the Banda.

You removed part of Guyra's quote when you quoted the both of us for some reason. I was reading what he said as one sentence, something like: "The Oular eventually started living on the ground (closer to the already existing Banda), making them related to the Banda and Grubbers.". Turns out I didn't read carefully enough (sorry about that), and the part between brackets was not what he was saying. I still don't see how the Oular moving to the ground is any real evidence for them being related to the others though, let alone biologically.

If the Oular turned into Banda, why are there still Oular? If the Banda turned into Grubbers, why are there still Banda? (Quickly making fun of that silly old question by evolution deniers there. :) )

I suppose in the TLJ world the related Alatien and the Maerum are different enough that anything is possible.

• Abnoxious likes this

#44 msierchio

msierchio

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, California,US

Posted 30 December 2015 - 00:36

Yes she did. Also Damien said that Eingana is connected to every Dreamer and it is supposed to record dreams. This is similiar to how Azadi discussed about The Engine in Dreamfall Chapters - Prophet will interpret messages from The Engine.

Eingana = Engine ???

Also interesting that The Engine, in Arcadia, is a Machine, while Eingana, in Stark, is organic.

• Abnoxious, Neurotic and Yarrozu like this

#45 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:47

All we know is that at some point Yehte left Purple Mountains, went to Marcuria and build Underground City and became Grubbers. Abnaxus suggested that Grubbers are protectors of stolen dreams (Well Of Dreams) and they're slaves of Undreaming. Prophet can control/manipulate them.

MY THEORY:

Oular and Yehte split during creation of Divide. Oular stay in Purple Mountains to guard Lux while Yehte went south and build their city under Marcuria to protect Well Of Dreams - the place where dreams pass between Stark and Arcadia. Temple Of Balance was build above it. Prior to Dreamer Cycle Prophet (Undreaming) managed to control/manipulate Yehte and take over Well Of Dreams - dreams became trapped, stolen and connected to The Tower/Engine.

• Ringtail and Abnoxious like this

#46 Retodon8

Retodon8

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 December 2015 - 17:46

I figured I'd just look up a walkthrough and check what is actually said myself. This is the dialogue with Ab, and he clearly says the Yehte split off from the Oular and that they are also known as the Grubbers. He doesn't know why the Grubbers unwittingly serve the Un-dream, but knows that they do. This is where the zombie idea people suggested comes in. He also says the Oular are the children of the first dream, one of the earliest species to walk the world.

So what are the facts that connect the Banda with the above? The only thing I remember is Na'ane saying the Grubbers singing to stone as a form of magic reminds her of the Banda singing to the earth, which is a tenuous link.

It is strange the statues in the underground city looked familiar to April. They look like Oular, which I don't think April has ever seen (maybe she dreamt about them?), but they don't look like Banda.

#47 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 December 2015 - 21:36

I just played around Underground City in Dreamfall. So this place is ancient and holds science-magic machinery. The creature in coffin can be Oular. Glowing egg may feeds on dream. The ancient machinery may use dreams as fuel.

Oular and Yehte are children of first dreams. At some point Yehte split from Oular, went to south and build their underground city close to Well Of Dreams. Because they're ancient race from time before Divide their city holds science-magic machines. Oular/Yehte can be ancestors to Azadi. Dream-powered machines, technology, military and religion releated to Dreamer (Light/Shadow, First Mountain etc.). Azadi Goddess can be Lux. Also Yehte and Azadi seem to be corrupted by Undreaming/Prophet.

#48 TowCat

TowCat

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2015 - 18:23

Also interesting that The Engine, in Arcadia, is a Machine, while Eingana, in Stark, is organic.

I think, it's the reason that Dreams can now go both ways. As far as i remember, Lady Alvane said in her House of Worlds, that the two Worlds are no more, became one. Cortez said the same thing to April, wenn they stood at the open passage. Maybe the reason for the Thief of Dreams to reshape this new reunited World into his own version is to make sure, that he has access to both Worlds via the Well of Dreams. It makes sense to me. I'm not sure, if the Prophet and the Thief of Dreams are the same.

• Yarrozu likes this

▬|█████████|▬ This is Nudelholz. Copy Nudelholz into your profile to make better Kuchens or other Teigprodukte! Oder take it und hau it on the Kopp of a bekloppt Person to give a better Gefühl than vorher!

#49 Yarrozu

Yarrozu

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in between~

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:16

A "time is circular" type of thing?

I have to say all this speculation is making me anxious for Five to come out.

::Cortez:: Vamos. Enter the light.

::April:: Don't say that. It sounds too ominous. Just... tell me what's gonna happen.

::Cortez:: You're about to take the first step on the longest journey of your life.

::Zoë:: It was nice chatting with you, Crow. It's been very informative.

::Crow:: Glad to help, doll.

::Zoë:: 'Doll'?

::Crow:: Um, I mean 'independent and self-reliant female person who's not an object to be ogled or used solely for my own personal amusement and pleasure'.

::Shitbot:: Affirmative. I will stop doing this thing that I love and that makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey.

#50 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 January 2019 - 17:38

My new theory about story of Grubbers:

Long long time ago Oular and Yehte lived together in Purple Mountains. At some point Yehte split from Oular, went south and build Underground City. They died there. Five years before events of Dreamfall Klacks used his necromancer powers to ressurect them and they became a slave-workers for Westhouse. They were killed after Tower and Engine were completed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users