• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 20:32

Aren't these Grubbers the ancestors of some modern day civilization? Banda perhaps? Or was it just the statues? Are the folk depicted on the statues these Grubbers?

• Abnoxious likes this

#22 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 20:35

Aren't these Grubbers the ancestors of some modern day civilization? Banda perhaps? Or was it just the statues? Are the folk depicted on the statues these Grubbers?

Or Grubbers are ancient "dreamer zombies" from very distant past. I'm pretty sure that Dreamer Conspiracy happend once. Maybe even before Divide. Tower was build once. There are blue prints for Tower in Ancient City.

#23 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 20:36

Time is a circle.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#24 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 18 March 2015 - 21:57

The Grubbers seem to be a "degeneration" of the race that built the ancient city (mindless "zombies" of their previous forms is a good analogy that was suggested already in this thread, or it's like "they went feral"), who also (the ancient race) resemble sophisticated (and more "noble" looking) Bandas, and could sing to the stone (and magically carve it) in addition to the mud that normal Bandas sing to (and shape).

• P.D.Quackers, inspector and Yarrozu like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#25 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:50

In concept art the place where Dream Chamber is located was named TEMPLE SQUARE. So this place can be ancient Temple. Maybe in very distant past someone used religion stuf to steal dreams from Proto-Banda and control them? Grubbers can be ancient "dreamer zombies" The situation repeats in Dreamer Cycle. By use of religion stuff Prophet build Tower and steal dreams.

But how it is connected to WATIcorp and release of Dreamtime in Stark? I can't see direct link between WATI and Azadi.

#26 Retodon8

Retodon8

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 March 2015 - 00:53

I'm pretty sure the statues (also check 20:00 of that video) are Oular/Manggoy, like the one inside Zoë's dream. April says they remind her of other Arcadia creatures. They don't seem particularly similar to the Banda, and they look even less like Grubbers. Let's just say I'm not convinced the Grubbers are zombie Oular or zombie anything.

• wandrew likes this

#27 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:22

Maybe the Oular are connected as well* to the ancients that built the underground city (it's a good idea!), and I could accept that the Grubbers are just irrevelant "beasts" that happened to take residence in the cave system (though I find it less likely), but the Banda are definitely somehow connected and that's evidenced by the "technology" used in the underground city, that employed music to shape solid stone, exactly like the Banda use their songs to shape the soft mud in the "modern" era.

*just like the Alatien and the Maerum used to be one race but are now so much different from each other, I could see it that the Oular and the Banda (and probably even the Grubbers) are descendant of this ancient "first race" (who also seem to be the first that "experimented" with Dreams).

• Ringtail and Pawlo_86 like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#28 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:28

Some notifications:

1. Ancient Tower - The "blue prints" for Tower are there. This clearly show that Tower could be connected to Dream Vortex from the start.

2. Dream Vortex - April said that there are milion voices or dreams - trapped, stored. It happend months before release of Dreamer so what are those dreams?

3. Dream Vortex - the voices "inside" it are similiar to the voices "inside" Dream Storm from the ending scene.

4. Dream Vortex - Eingana. After April created some kind of energy stream inside Vortex Eingana reacted in Stark. Is Dream Vortex a arcadian version of Eingana?

5. Temple Square - this place is named that. So there must be some religion stuff there.

6. Grubbers - are they a ancient dreamer-zombies? Did someone in the past steal their dreams/souls?

7. Prophet - Prophet clearly knows a secret about Ancient City and Dream Chamber. Is he somehow releated to the fate of the city?

#29 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 710 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 13:47

We don't know what all of the steam technology in Arcadia is for, but it's been suggested they may also be harvesting dreams to be stored in Eingana somehow.

#30 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 June 2015 - 13:57

We don't know what all of the steam technology in Arcadia is for, but it's been suggested they may also be harvesting dreams to be stored in Eingana somehow.

In Book Two it was said that steam machines network is connected to the Tower. The pipes are everywhere. It seems to link Marcurians Houses with Tower. If the steam machines in Dreamfall harvested dreams from Marcurians (this could explain trapped dreams in Dream Chamber) then the tube network can be created to give "output" to citizens. Like Eingana was supposed to store and read dreams and also WATI could be able to give "output" to people via Dreamer consoles. So maybe The Engine is arcadian version of Eingana and steam machines are like arcadian version of Dreamer. It all seems like pretty huge brainwash project created in both worlds.

I believe that this happend once in Ancient City and Grubbers are remains from it and they're ancient dreamer-zombies and their dreams were stolen long long time ago.

Prophet is a link to all of this...

#31 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 June 2015 - 18:21

Temple Square is where the Sentinel temple and old market were located in TLJ. The Temple is where April first entered  Arcadia. The Ancient City is beneath Temple Square, and is where Zoe first entered Arcadia. April's second arrival is at the Journeyman Inn, whose cellar connects to the Ancient City. Coincidence?

#32 tummy ooh aah

tummy ooh aah

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:18

Something about Grubber dreams is inherently funny to me. Imagine them in their long lost bedrooms, dreaming away their little Grubber dreams...
  • Abnoxious and Yarrozu like this

#33 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 December 2015 - 23:23

There are revelations about Grubbers in Book Four. Finally!
  • Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and Mr Moo like this

#34 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:12

Oulars and Grubbers are releated. While Oulars worked for Lux Grubbers worked for Undreaming. I think that Dream Chamber is more than only place for stolen and captured dreams. Maybe this is dreaming - the place where dreams are created? It is important that Temple of Balance was build above it. Vast eddies of meta energies. The one who control this place can reshape reality. We know that pipes are connected to Dream Chamber.

#35 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:25

That means that the prophet works for the Undreaming, as we suspected, and that the dream vortex is related to it somehow. I do not understand how, though. Is the dream vortex captured dreams that the Undreaming somehow feeds on?

• Pawlo_86 likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#36 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:36

Yes i found it! Yes! Dream Chamber is WELL OF DREAMS. So my guess is thay it is a place where dreams travel between worlds.

#37 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:56

I'm pretty sure it was also mentioned in Book 4 that some Oular started living on the ground, singing to the soil. Making the Oular, Grubbers, and Banda all related. So I guess some Oular started living on the ground, became Banda, then some Banda dug into the old caverns and started living there, becoming Grubbers.

I wonder if it was the Mole who told that story ... 

• thelj likes this

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

#38 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 04 December 2015 - 13:29

There were two races the Oular and the Yehte. While the Yehte have something to do with the underground work just like the Banda, I think the Yehte are the Grubbers.
  • Pawlo_86 likes this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#39 Uniteatteri

Uniteatteri

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 16:04

I think the Yehte are the Grubbers.

I remember Abnaxus saying exactly this. In his own hard-to-follow style. They are the Yehte, but people call them Grubbers.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#40 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 18:37

I'm pretty sure it was also mentioned in Book 4 that some Oular started living on the ground, singing to the soil. Making the Oular, Grubbers, and Banda all related. So I guess some Oular started living on the ground, became Banda, then some Banda dug into the old caverns and started living there, becoming Grubbers.

I wonder if it was the Mole who told that story ... 

I agree that the Banda have some connection. April told about the statues in the cave: "these creatures look familiar"

• inspector and the red of the kin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users