#1 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:36

From TLJ wiki:

Said at 03:17:00 twitch.tv livestream : Dag: "we never really expanded their story". Ragnar: "that will be continued in Dreamfall Chapters.." Dag: "yeah, they’re important", Ragnar: "because these things are very central to what’s happened here, yeah. They’re linked to some of the events that go on above ground. But I can promise you that you’ll not be FIGHTING any grubbers in Dreamfall Chapters!"

So it seems that Grubbers and Ancient City are more important for story of Dreamer Cycle than we think. The whole Dream Conspiracy can be releated to them. Necropolis. So maybe there is some ressurection plan? Maybe Dreams can makes some things alive? Maybe also Prophet is releated to Ancient City somehow?

Dream Chamber and blue prints for Tower are located in Ancient City.

Kian will play a major role in upcoming war...The Six and Emissary said that when Tower will be completed then Light Of Goddess will go across the world and clean it of evil - push everyone who lacks faith.

One of Dreamfall taglines: "The Future Holds Secrets Which Only Past Can Reveal"

• inspector and Yarrozu like this

#2 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:08

From TLJ wiki:

Said at 03:17:00 twitch.tv livestream : Dag: "we never really expanded their story". Ragnar: "that will be continued in Dreamfall Chapters.." Dag: "yeah, they’re important", Ragnar: "because these things are very central to what’s happened here, yeah. They’re linked to some of the events that go on above ground. But I can promise you that you’ll not be FIGHTING any grubbers in Dreamfall Chapters!"

So it seems that Grubbers and Ancient City are more important for story of Dreamer Cycle than we think. The whole Dream Conspiracy can be releated to them. Necropolis. So maybe there is some ressurection plan? Maybe Dreams can makes some things alive? Maybe also Prophet is releated to Ancient City somehow?

Dream Chamber and blue prints for Tower are located in Ancient City.

Kian will play a major role in upcoming war...The Six and Emissary said that when Tower will be completed then Light Of Goddess will go across the world and clean it of evil - push everyone who lacks faith.

One of Dreamfall taglines: "The Future Holds Secrets Which Only Past Can Reveal"

I am glad to hear that they are central to what is happening in Dreamfall Chapters. Because they were a big mystery from the Dreamfall. I would say that the beings in the coffins actually resemble the creature from Zoe's dream.

• aeonfluxx75, Ravenwoods and Yarrozu like this

#3 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:32

I must point something which i noticed during last playing of Dreamfall. It is very important i think. About Dream Chamber. April said that there are thousand or milion voices or dreams, trapped, stored. But this happend BEFORE release of Dreamer in Stark and Engine in Arcadia. So what this means?

#4 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:34

I must point something which i noticed during last playing of Dreamfall. It is very important i think. About Dream Chamber. April said that there are thousand or milion voices or dreams, trapped, stored. But this happend BEFORE release of Dreamer in Stark and Engine in Arcadia. So what this means?

The scientists in Stark said that Eingana was storing more dreams than physically possible. They obviously had enough "test dreams" even before the release, probably from the addicts in Victory Hotel (and possibly other places like it).

#5 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:43

The scientists in Stark said that Eingana was storing more dreams than physically possible. They obviously had enough "test dreams" even before the release, probably from the addicts in Victory Hotel (and possibly other places like it).

I always thought that Eingana suffered because of Static and Faith's dream. The only (possible) connection is that when April touched Dream Vortex in Arcadia Eingana got some energy inside. But it can be just concidence. Static growed so fast and affected Eingana.

#6 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:47

I always thought that Eingana suffered because of Static and Faith's dream. The only (possible) connection is that when April touched Dream Vortex in Arcadia Eingana got some energy inside. But it can be just concidence. Static growed so fast and affected Eingana.

Eingana suffering is a separate thing. She was also storing too much data, like having saved 50 GB in a 25 GB hard drive. A very likely (IMO) explanation for that was that the extra GB dreams were in the chamber April found.

Regardless, the scientists still had enough data that Eingana was "filled".

#7 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:52

Eingana suffering is a separate thing. She was also storing too much data, like having saved 50 GB in a 25 GB hard drive. A very likely (IMO) explanation for that was that the extra GB dreams were in the chamber April found.

Regardless, the scientists still had enough data that Eingana was "filled".

Eingana stored more data because Faith's dream was inside it. Chang said this at the end of the game. Faith was inside Eingana and dreamed very powerfull dream.

• inspector likes this

#8 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:53

Eingana stored more data because Faith's dream was inside it. Chang said this at the end of the game. Faith was inside Eingana.

I'm quite sure Chang didn't say anything about why Eingana stored more dreams than possible.

#9 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:56

I also think that Faith's dream(s) contributed to Eingana's overfill.

• inspector likes this

#10 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:56

I'm quite sure Chang didn't say anything about why Eingana stored more dreams than possible.

Yes she did. Also Damien said that Eingana is connected to every Dreamer and it is supposed to record dreams. This is similiar to how Azadi discussed about The Engine in Dreamfall Chapters - Prophet will interpret messages from The Engine.

Eingana = Engine ???

• inspector likes this

#11 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:02

Helena Chang: You need to go into DreamNet and...convince Faith to let go. Once that happens, the network will shut down, and Eingana - Dreamcore - will disconnect from the Wire.
Zoë: Convince Faith... How do I do that? And why me?
Helena Chang: Because you have a connection with her. I don't know what it is. You seem to share some of her more...esoteric genetic qualities. And she's taken a shine to you.
Besides, no one else has been able to find out where in the network Faith - or her residue, her memories - reside. I've tried, but...it's like she's not actually in there.
You, on the other hand, have met her. Several times. She's reaching out to you. She needs you. And to help her, you must first help me.
Zoë: How?
Helena Chang: I've brought a Dreamer. You go inside, talk to Faith, find a way to make her let go. Whatever she's become - a virus, a ghost in the machine - only she can stop this.
If she keeps holding on, if her...influence keeps spreading across the Wire, it will eventually shut down completely. We're talking days, maybe less than that.
Zoë (shaking her head): If she can do that...what is she?
Helena Chang: I don't know. Like I said, a ghost in the machine. Her body is gone, but her mind... They pumped her full of Morpheus. They murdered her with an overdose.
Who knows, maybe there is something as banal as an immortal 'soul', and that's what's left of her.
She died while she was inside DreamNet, dreaming a very, very powerful dream. Maybe she's still in that dream, and that's what's spreading across the Wire.
Whatever the answer, it doesn't matter. The fact is that Faith is in there somehow, inside DreamNet, inside Eingana, and she needs to leave.
Zoë: You're saying she needs to die.
Helena Chang: She's already dead, Zoë. That's a fact. Whatever's left of her isn't happy in there. She needs to...shut down, move on, whatever you want to call it.
https://web.archive..../index-tlj.html

Nothing about the amount of dreams Eingana is storing...

#12 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:05

She died while she was inside DreamNet, dreaming a very, very powerful dream. Maybe she's still in that dream, and that's what's spreading across the Wire.
Whatever the answer, it doesn't matter. The fact is that Faith is in there somehow, inside DreamNet, inside Eingana, and she needs to leave.

This explains why Eingana stored more data than supposed to be and why it suffered. Because of Faith and her powerfull dream. Because of Static. And this is reason why WATI was unable to properly release Dreamer without remove of Static.

#13 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:07

That's one possible explanation. By no means a clear one. There's no more evidence of this being true than for what I said.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#14 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:54

"MILLION voices or dreams. Trapped. Stored."

During RTG Stream Ragnar said that it is very important place and it will be referenced in Dreamfall Chapters and we will know what's going here.

#15 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 13:25

"MILLION voices or dreams. Trapped. Stored."

A million voices (assuming it was literal) sound like too many for just Faith. But they also sound too many for test data. Perhaps there's a completely different explanation. Or it's not anywhere near a literal million.

#16 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 13:27

A million voices (assuming it was literal) sound like too many for just Faith. But they also sound too many for test data. Perhaps there's a completely different explanation. Or it's not anywhere near a literal million.

Maybe those are trapped souls from Ancient City? Trapped for thousands years? Can Grubbers be a ancient version of "dreamer zombies"?

#17 Ravenwoods

Ravenwoods

Arcadia Native

• Journeyman
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 15:02

I am glad to hear that they are central to what is happening in Dreamfall Chapters. Because they were a big mystery from the Dreamfall. I would say that the beings in the coffins actually resemble the creature from Zoe's dream.

OMG! You are a genius. That's it. I think that guy is a Grubber king or something. I kept trying to place him around the Lore. Now it makes sense. 

#18 Retodon8

Retodon8

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 March 2015 - 18:18

What guy, the Prophet? No wait, you mean the one Oular/Manggoy inside Zoë's dream? Seems like quite a leap to crown him king of the Grubbers. :) There are a bunch of Grubbers, and there are a bunch of Oular, and the only connection I can see so far is that they seemed to live, or have lived inside the same place. All the Oular we've seen so far are dead or statues, except for the one inside the dream of course.

• Ravenwoods likes this

#19 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 18:55

Yes she did. Also Damien said that Eingana is connected to every Dreamer and it is supposed to record dreams. This is similiar to how Azadi discussed about The Engine in Dreamfall Chapters - Prophet will interpret messages from The Engine.

Eingana = Engine ???

They are at least related, I think. Maybe the propet will be able to access some information, messages, from Stark with the help of the Engine.

#20 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 19:22

In Dreamfall Gordon said that dreams passed from Stark to Arcadia but not in another way. So this means that those dreams are captured in Arcadia. So Tower already harvest dreams BEFORE release of Dreamer. After release of Dreamtime there was "dreams storm" over Tower which i think was a very massive harvest of dreams from Stark created in DreamNet. It seems that in Book Two Azadi are preparing to steal dreams in Marcuria via steam machines and send them to Tower via tubes. So Prophet will be able to read dreams from both worlds.

• Mr Moo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users