Photo

Which political party do you support after Book 2?

politics elections party

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Which political party do you support after Book 2? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Which political party do you support after Book 2

1. European Dawn (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Alliance of European Democrats for Freedom and Liberty (3 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

3. Unity (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Manifesto (Marxists) (22 votes [37.29%])

Percentage of vote: 37.29%

5. None (34 votes [57.63%])

Percentage of vote: 57.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 19:23

So many of y'all and just one me. Okay.

In Switzerland it's called "direct democracy". Just sayin'.

Okay. (Here's the article the video was based upon. It was linked in the description of the said video. Yay for attention) And I'm not judging spherical democracy in vacuum, just particular implementations. Sweden and Israel apparently have it better theт US. Go figure.

Case in point. Your vote didn't matter.

For such high-brow academics as yourself I've linked a hopefully more credible article above.

So you do admit that there can be a situation when voting is useless? Good. It also happen to be the case in my country. Oh well.

No. It was a cover-up vote which is not recognized internationally and moreover things went increasingly shittier since.

I have to admit that in some instances even representational democracy does work as long as there is something resembling a consensus within society and a sufficient economic stability. Well, we'll live and see, eh?

On this optimistic note I have to stop this discussion. Thanks everyone.

On a Dreamfall side of thing - who gave Baruti the data? Could it be Marxists?

Well written political ideas.

For the game; it is a good question. It is important who first informed Baruti about the scandal. I don't remember whether he learnt about the scandal while making some research himself or from some other informant. Since he is one of the important figures of the campaign, it is possible he could reach the data himself. However, I guess someone tipped him about the data. It could be Marxists, the Alliance of bla bla (current government party) or some other group with good or bad intentions. Since we are not sure that the data is not fake, even Wati, Syndicate, etc. could have given him the information.

#62 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 19:24

Not so - there are 4 parties - don't forget Dieter Gross.

- M

Sully thinks the Alliance of bla bla is also working with the Corporations. I agree with him.

#63 Z43

Z43

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 19:29

Gross has reportedly been caught with his hand in the cookie jar too many times to forget - there's no way he's not on the take; he also represents the status quo, which is already near-total WATI control, proving that he's not in any way opposed to the Syndicate.

Dieter may well be the lesser evil, since he has no justification to make major changes - which, for both other viable parties, are for the worse - but part of the evil he is.

• inspector likes this

If the only girl I could date was Enu, I'd totally turn gay.

#64 Idinyphe

Idinyphe

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 21:42

Sully thinks the Alliance of bla bla is also working with the Corporations. I agree with him.

Gross has reportedly been caught with his hand in the cookie jar too many times to forget - there's no way he's not on the take; he also represents the status quo, which is already near-total WATI control, proving that he's not in any way opposed to the Syndicate.

Dieter may well be the lesser evil, since he has no justification to make major changes - which, for both other viable parties, are for the worse - but part of the evil he is.

I think Dieter Gross has all right to be mad at WATI, the corporations, the syndicate.

He would not be the first liege turning against his former lord...

The question is: why is Dieter Gross still here?

Unfortunately that's the story of revenge. It's messy. Never really works out the way you want it to.

#65 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 23:56

I haven't done a playthrough where I stay with Reza, but destroy the data; what happens in that case, does he leave for another reason or actually stay?

Is it even possible to stay with Reza till the end of book 2? In my playthrough he didn't leave at the end of book 1, but after a few arguments in 2 (that didn't seem optional) they had a conversation and then he was gone. Sully also said "your man" and then stopped himself and changed it to "Reza", which makes it sound like they're broken up by then.

#66 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 00:48

He hasn't disappeared in my playthrough, as far as I know. We had the "we need to talk" thing, but I gave the data to Baruti so I was shuffled onto the Nela scene before I could pop in and see Reza again.

#67 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:27

Not so - there are 4 parties - don't forget Dieter Gross.

- M

If you give the data to Baruti he tells you very explicitly that all parties except Manifesto were involved.

• khh likes this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: politics, elections, party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users