• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kh32012

kh32012

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 00:09

I am attempting to play Dreamfall Chapters downloaded from GOG. I played Book 1 with no problems and elected to uninstall Book 1 before a fresh install of Books 1 and 2. (I intended on replaying Book 1.) I copied the game to the applications folder and selected it after the installation finished. I was then greeted with the Red Thread logo screen, the Norwegian Film Institute logo screen, the Kickstarter backer screen, and then the Dreamfall Chapters splash screen with half-portraits of Kian and Zoƫ. The screen fades to black and I hear the main menu theme playing and the cursor changes to the Dreamfall Chapters cursor and centres on the middle of the screen as it did for the October release. The menu screen does not appear. If I move the mouse or click the mouse, the cursor is replaced with the Mac's rainbow wheel equivalent to Windows' hourglass and the game crashes.

In addition to selecting the game from the Applications folder, I have tried launching the game through the Dreamfall Chapters.app in /Applications/Dreamfall Chapters.app/Contents/Resources/game, through the GOGLauncher in /Applications/Dreamfall Chapters.app/Contents/MacOS and through the Dreamfall Chapters Unix Executable File in /Applications/Dreamfall Chapters.app/Contents/Resources/game/Dreamfall Chapters.app/Contents/MacOS. Launching a game through such interior launchers has been instrumental in playing Europa Barbarorum on the App Store port of Rome Total War and the port of Amnesia the Dark Descent.

I am attempting to play on OS X 10.9.5, the same version I played the game on in October.

A similar problem was reported in the forums on Windows 7. A solution is found involving Windows' fonts. Another response suggested playing the game in window mode, something I believe was removed with Book 2.

I am willing to provide more information and would be glad to try any suggestions from the community and the developers.

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 March 2015 - 00:15

I believe the team is investigating this issue. It may help if you could post your log, I believe it should be located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: screen, crash, bug, menu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users