Photo

Speculation around Nela... and possibly Reza... (spoilers?)

nela reza the hand that feeds betrayal ooh spooky

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:03

So I'm having so many thoughts (and post-explosion feelings) and noticed Nela's cart/business was called "Nela Bites" and Reza's publishing group is "The Hand That Feeds"... I'm wondering if there is a link between the two?

I mean to bite the hand that feeds you means to mistreat/work against the person trying to help you... does this mean they are working together to bring down the Marxist political party from the inside, or maybe both will betray Zoe? I'm unsure if it means something or not, let alone what it could mean, so...

Any thoughts?

just a forum ghost

#2 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:19

So I'm having so many thoughts (and post-explosion feelings) and noticed Nela's cart/business was called "Nela Bites" and Reza's publishing group is "The Hand That Feeds"... I'm wondering if there is a link between the two?

I mean to bite the hand that feeds you means to mistreat/work against the person trying to help you... does this mean they are working together to bring down the Marxist political party from the inside, or maybe both will betray Zoe? I'm unsure if it means something or not, let alone what it could mean, so...

Any thoughts?

The former name of The Hand that Feeds was The Hand That Bites.

In case of destroying the Marxist Party, just a scandal that could help the Manifesto's votes rise is about to get known by public, a member of the Manifest is involved in a terrorist attack. This may have been orchestrated in order to make the Marxists vulnerable. Nela did not do this to hurt Manifesto intentionally, but maybe she was brainwashed or blackmailed by people who wanted to destroy the Marxist Party.

#3 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:45

Yeah I noticed the name change from Hand that Bites, which in itself is something I'm quite interested in.

On the wiki, it says:

"The magazine's title appears to be an inversion of the old adage: 'don't bite the hand that feeds you'. This saying is used to warn someone who is about to injure          their source of income. Therefore, a 'hand that bites' is one that pulls no punches in the face of threatening to cut off its livelihood."

So when they upscale to Hand that Feeds, I take it that means they are now the powerful force/greater source of information? Doesn't that seem suspicious?

I am definitely in the camp of Nela being brainwashed... she seemed scared when handing the box over, showing her vulnerability to her friend, but the moment she stamped that cigarette out in front of Wati, she just snapped into this weirdly calm and collected mode, almost like a sleeper-agent.

just a forum ghost

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nela, reza, the hand that feeds, betrayal, ooh, spooky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users