Nope.

#62 Dreamincolours

Dreamincolours

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 23:26

• There are reports of Bip disappearing during the walk to the National Front meeting in Chapter 3. You can fix this by reloading a previous save, or by reaching the location of the meeting — in which case Bip will always reappear. This is also a high priority bug. 

On my second playthrough I didn't actually have Bip dissapear, but he did get stuck at the bottom of the staircase (next to a ramp) near the location of the meeting. I could eventually get him to start moving again after walking back down the road untill he dissapeared from view. He was still at the bottom of the stairs when I came back, but he'd move again after that.

Also on a later part in the game, I noticed the invitation floating in the air just next to that staircase aswell, even though I never took the invitation there... Looked kinda funny and spooky.

#63 Bluestrike

Bluestrike

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 00:43

In case it helps, a screenshot of the Azadi messenger beiing stuck in a wall at a guard post.
Seems to be inside a clip or collision model that does not match the building 

edit right screen:

http://cloud-4.steam...C768C52515C086/

#64 LizzieDream9

LizzieDream9

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIL, US

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:10

I tried to see if this has been reported before but I couldn't find it being said/written. The only bug I encountered was in Propast and only during Book 2. I'll try to find it again and get some screenshots or something. What happens is as Zoe is walking down one of the stairways (I think to go to see Dr. Roman) the entire city briefly disappears showing only an environment dome and then flashes back into place. It only happens for about a second or two but it's very disorienting. It happened twice. At first I thought it was part of the game because everything disappears (although very quickly) piece by piece like at the end of Zoe's dream and then returns in the same fashion as it disappeared. It was kind of trippy. lol

Is it possible to record videos with Steam? I know how to take screenshots but if I can use it to take videos too then I could record a brief clip to show the bug happening which might prove helpful. 

~I put my heart and soul into my art, and have lost my mind in the process.~

Dream 9 Studios | DeviantArt | Steam

#65 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:17

I think I saw the "Propast disappearing" thing you're describing being reported somewhere else, and Morten replying that they knew about it :) (it happened in Book 1 as well, then they fixed it, then it popped up again with Book 2, I think)
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#66 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:34

I think I saw the "Propast disappearing" thing you're describing being reported somewhere else, and Morten replying that they knew about it :) (it happened in Book 1 as well, then they fixed it, then it popped up again with Book 2, I think)

Correct. We are fully aware of it — and not happy about it!

It has something to do with what's called 'occlusion mapping'. This is an important technology that makes sure the entire city isn't 'drawn' (and calculated) everywhere, in order to increase performance and frame-rate. Let's say you're standing in Sonnenschein Plaza: you obviously don't want the game to worry about displaying the souk, for example, since it's hidden behind a bunch walls. Unfortunately, if there are errors in this mapping, the game may think you're not seeing geometry when, in fact, you are — leading to vanishing scenery.

• Tina and CosmicD like this

#67 LizzieDream9

LizzieDream9

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIL, US

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:56

Okay, I must have missed it being posted. At least now I don't have to figure out how to capture a video of it. LOL

I didn't notice any other pesky bugs that haven't already been mentioned. In fact, I noticed fewer pesky bugs than others seem to have. Either my PC likes the game very much or I'm slipping. OR, I am so entranced by the game that I'm not noticing any inconsequential faults. 

• Morten likes this

~I put my heart and soul into my art, and have lost my mind in the process.~

Dream 9 Studios | DeviantArt | Steam

#68 alburl

alburl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2015 - 14:29

Is there an update on the release date for the 2.0.1 patch yet? I'm kind of holding off playing as there's a certain non-moving item that should be moving and I don't really want to reload an older save.

#69 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 March 2015 - 15:11

Is there an update on the release date for the 2.0.1 patch yet? I'm kind of holding off playing as there's a certain non-moving item that should be moving and I don't really want to reload an older save.

Which non-moving item is this? That doesn't necessarily sound like something that's fixed by the patch.

You can already play the latest update by accessing the beta branch on Steam. We don't have a timeline for exactly when this patch would be released by GOG or Humble yet.

#70 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 15:14

Which non-moving item is this? That doesn't necessarily sound like something that's fixed by the patch.

I think they're probably referring to the adbot.

#71 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 March 2015 - 17:18

I think they're probably referring to the adbot.

You might still have to load a save-game for the fix to work, but I'm not 100% sure. At any rate, v2.0.2 (YES: two-oh-TWO!) is now on the Steam beta branch.

As soon as it leaves beta, we will of course provide the update to our GOG and Humble players as well.

• Tina and khh like this

#72 alburl

alburl

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:55

You might still have to load a save-game for the fix to work, but I'm not 100% sure. At any rate, v2.0.2 (YES: two-oh-TWO!) is now on the Steam beta branch.

As soon as it leaves beta, we will of course provide the update to our GOG and Humble players as well.

Yeah it's the adbot. I've got the game on GOG, although as much as I love GOG, this and a few other games have made me wish I'd gotten them via Steam.

Either way, if I have to reload then I have to reload... I'd just rather avoid it if possible.

#73 Neolas

Neolas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 00:56

26 March 2015.... Hello, how long do we have to wait for the German Audio Translation Patch? I think it's too long....  :tear: I Have a gog.com Account.... 

#74 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 March 2015 - 21:18

There seems to be German audio and text in the 2.0.2 beta, but it's still not officially released due to some unresolved issues, as far as I know.

I have no idea if all the German audio is there though, but the text and voice for Zoe's apartment all seems to be there.

Edit: I haven't seen any missing German text so far (which isn't very far), but audio is very spotty yet. I guess they aren't quite finished.

Edited by Moohouse, 26 March 2015 - 23:02.

#75 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 26 March 2015 - 22:04

26 March 2015.... Hello, how long do we have to wait for the German Audio Translation Patch? I think it's too long....  :tear: I Have a gog.com Account.... 

Very disappointing indeed. Didn't they say that implementing the voice files would not take much time?

#76 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:33

Very disappointing indeed. Didn't they say that implementing the voice files would not take much time?

I'm sure they're working on it as quickly as they can, if they've gotten the source files from the translators and voice actors. However it's not just a case of putting it in the game, it has to be tested as best they can too.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#77 Bluelikevelvet

Bluelikevelvet

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSpain!

Posted 27 March 2015 - 15:28

• There are reports of Bip disappearing during the walk to the National Front meeting in Chapter 3. You can fix this by reloading a previous save, or by reaching the location of the meeting — in which case Bip will always reappear. This is also a high priority bug. 

Hi there Ragnar! In the case of my mac, nothing helps to make Bip reappear. I go to the front national, he's not there, he doesn't pop up from the bushes and neither does a previous saving make him appear. Also! I could find a dialogue buggie when I go to see The Mole after the mission. She just says the same dialogue twice and I cannot run off xD Just reporting my experience so you can find ways out ^^

cheers! and thank you so much for your awesome work.

:crow: "You know that Rubber Ducky comes from April Ryan's appartment right? RIGHT?!"

#78 jgreer

jgreer

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 15:57

Is book two available on GOG, yet?  I just checked my gog account and don't see it there.  Thanks.

#79 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 May 2015 - 17:21

Is book two available on GOG, yet?  I just checked my gog account and don't see it there.  Thanks.

Yes. It's been available on GOG since the day Book Two was released, I believe. Book Two is not a separate application, it's a patch for Book One. I'm not sure exactly how GOG does it, but if you download the latest setup file that should work.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#80 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 18:50

Yes. It's been available on GOG since the day Book Two was released, I believe. Book Two is not a separate application, it's a patch for Book One. I'm not sure exactly how GOG does it, but if you download the latest setup file that should work.

That is correct. GOG changed the complete installation file the day book 2 came out.

• khh and JRua like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users