#41 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:13

Good to hear that most of the OS X problems are being fixed! Yay! :)

#42 Ravenwoods

Ravenwoods

Arcadia Native

• Journeyman
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:47

I was so lucky to have no serious bugs in my playthrough. 

I was wondering whether you are thinking of trying to fix the crazy flashing eyes of NPCs (turning off lens flare doesn't fix this even if it fixes the lens flare artifacts in Propast). It can be very distracting. It specifically happens a lot with certain angles with Queenie and Sully.

#43 jlddodger

jlddodger

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE USA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:40

• Consequences/important dialogue notification toggle. By popular demand, we'll be adding this toggle to the options menu. 

"Your choice to disable notifications will have consequences!"

"Ragnar will remember this!"

• WorldsReunited, Jana, blaster and 5 others like this

#44 Nanoloque

Nanoloque

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:48

The HUD has shifted.

• WorldsReunited, blaster, Crowboy and 3 others like this

#45 Audra

Audra

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:54

khh: did you say that wonkers missing from book 2 is a bug?  I notice he was gone but thought that is they way it was suppose to be.  I missed him.  I wonder if we are going to reactivate him sometime in the story.  She mention in last book battery almost dead.

#46 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:14

khh: did you say that wonkers missing from book 2 is a bug?  I notice he was gone but thought that is they way it was suppose to be.  I missed him.  I wonder if we are going to reactivate him sometime in the story.  She mention in last book battery almost dead.

I don't know if that is a bug. I would guess not. But some people mentioned that he may not be Zoë's room in Book One after applying the new patch, or that he's no longer intractable there. That part's a bug.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#47 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:29

@Ragnar, and RTG team, this looks like a big list of fixes coming with the next patch, and I am very thankful that you take the time to make these updates (and ofcourse work on the bugfixes).

I'd only want to point out that among the issues for the Linux build, the most prominent one (in my estimation) is that the game settings don't get saved (they don't persist if you exit the game and re-launch it). This is an issue since Book One and it had a workaround but that doesn't seem to work anymore, since the Book Two update. The only solution now is for the user to create a settings file and edit it manually. But, the devs of another game had an identical issue and posted some info about what the root cause was and how they patched it. So maybe, you could look if this would help to permanently fix the issue for Dreamfall Chapters too?

• khh and jlddodger like this

#48 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:31

The missing audio for looking at the leviathan oil is a known issue, right? Or do I just have a corrupt file? (Or is the volume on that one so low I can'¨t hear it?)

I believe this is known, yes. The audio is there, but it's not being used properly!

#49 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:32

@Ragnar, and RTG team, this looks like a big list of fixes coming with the next patch, and I am very thankful that you take the time to make these updates (and ofcourse work on the bugfixes).

I'd only want to point out that among the issues for the Linux build, the most prominent one (in my estimation) is that the game settings don't get saved (they don't persist if you exit the game and re-launch it). This is an issue since Book One and it had a workaround but that doesn't seem to work anymore, since the Book Two update. The only solution now is for the user to create a settings file and edit it manually. But, the devs of another game had an identical issue and posted some info about what the root cause was and how they patched it. So maybe, you could look if this would help to permanently fix the issue for Dreamfall Chapters too?

I was not aware of this. Thanks for the heads up! We will address it as soon as we can.

• ShadowNate likes this

#50 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 March 2015 - 14:43

Forgive me if any of these was addressed in other threads, I only skimmed through this one:

- Zoe's monologues are too quiet compared to dialogues and other speech

- (spoiler-y) in my playthrough, the messenger's corpse in Marcuria disappeared after I walked away from it

- Longer shadow distance yields some pretty ugly results (yes, AMD card...)

I was also thinking... maybe a quick recap about the decisions the player made in the previous book would be nice to have? Or just a collection of your decisions that can be accessed from the main menu any time?

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#51 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 19:20

I was also thinking... maybe a quick recap about the decisions the player made in the previous book would be nice to have? Or just a collection of your decisions that can be accessed from the main menu any time?

I think that is good for people who are not total fanbois/girlz like us and might forget the decisions they made between books. ;)

#52 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 17 March 2015 - 19:24

They said they're working on that previous episode recap as well, but obviously I don't think it will be ready for this week's patch (that's why they didn't mention it here).

• WorldsReunited and MailMan like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#53 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 19:24

They are working on a recap feature. They didn't manage to finish it for book 2, but Ragnar confirmed it is being worked on.

edit: ninja'd
  • WorldsReunited and MailMan like this

#54 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 March 2015 - 21:24

Good to hear that most of the OS X problems are being fixed! Yay! :)

Hate to break your bubble, but it seems only one (animations) of the OS X problems are fixed yet. The others may get fixed for this patch, but it's no sure thing.

#55 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 23:44

This isn't a major bug, but I don't think it's been mentioned and I think it's worth looking into. If, after the first time you speak with the Mole, you speak with her again instead of leaving right away, and go through all the dialogue choices, when you come back and speak with her again, all of those dialogue choices have returned. I can understand those dialogue choices being there the second time you speak with her if you didn't go through them the first time you spoke with her, but after you go through them, they should be gone for good during that playthrough. That's always been the way it's been with TLJ, Dreamfall and DFC, except in this one instance.

#56 Ravenwoods

Ravenwoods

Arcadia Native

• Journeyman
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 00:54

This isn't a major bug, but I don't think it's been mentioned and I think it's worth looking into. If, after the first time you speak with the Mole, you speak with her again instead of leaving right away, and go through all the dialogue choices, when you come back and speak with her again, all of those dialogue choices have returned. I can understand those dialogue choices being there the second time you speak with her if you didn't go through them the first time you spoke with her, but after you go through them, they should be gone for good during that playthrough. That's always been the way it's been with TLJ, Dreamfall and DFC, except in this one instance.

In a normal adventure game fashion, if the dialogue contains vital information or something that needs to be remembered, the dialogue option will never go away. I am not sure whether this is true for the ones you are talking about becuase I didn't notice it but that's how it usually works.

#57 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 March 2015 - 00:59

If, after the first time you speak with the Mole, you speak with her again instead of leaving right away, and go through all the dialogue choices, when you come back and speak with her again, all of those dialogue choices have returned.

I did notice this, and thought "hey, this again?", I think I agree the ones we have been through should disappear the second time.

#58 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:24

I would prefer the options to speak about those subjects to remain persistent. You might forget what they were about and want to ask again. One option would be to grey them out a little so you know which ones you've already used. This can be helpful when coming back to a character after a break. You forget exactly what you asked before, but you want to make sure you asked everything so you get all the "will not forget" flags checked.

In such cases I just go through it all again and spam the B button. I could never remember what I'd asked Baruti, for example.

• Mr Moo likes this

#59 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:17

In a normal adventure game fashion, if the dialogue contains vital information or something that needs to be remembered, the dialogue option will never go away. I am not sure whether this is true for the ones you are talking about becuase I didn't notice it but that's how it usually works.

It apears not to be vital at all. It's just the Mole's backstory, which is interesting and relatively important, but not so vital that it should persist.

#60 Ravenwoods

Ravenwoods

Arcadia Native

• Journeyman
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 14:40

It apears not to be vital at all. It's just the Mole's backstory, which is interesting and relatively important, but not so vital that it should persist.

Does it grey out in any way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users