80 replies to this topic

#21 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:44

These are patch notes! If people read patch notes, they have to expect at least SOME spoilers. And I don't think I spoiled much of anything. I think hiding patch notes behind spoiler tags defeats the purpose of being open and clear about bugs and what we're doing to fix them.

That's my opinion, at least. I'll let the mods decide, but let's also not be TOO paranoid about these 'spoilers'. Nothing in there is going to ruin anyone's fun :)

Like I said in my previous post, I didn't think about it. I was mostly thinking: "Hey an update from Ragnar, let's see what he wrote".
What caught my eye was
Spoiler

I liked that puzzle, and I'd hate to see it ruined to anyone by mistake.
  • ct2651 likes this

#22 Jito463

Jito463

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationNebraska, US of A

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:45

Consequences/important dialogue notification toggle. By popular demand, we'll be adding this toggle to the options menu.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Is that enough thanks?

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and 9 others like this

#23 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 21:47

Thanks for the pointers! We didn't know about those bugs.

And I do think you guys have posted Steam announcements in the past. I just meant there was no one else here at the office to post it for me — NO ONE TO COMMAND :( — and so I posted it myself, for once.

And there he acts like the dictator we all know... (Joke...)

Anyway, on my side, Bip have disapear but reappear just a bit farther when following him during the traitor of oldtown mission. So it happen as intended I think because you said that these things should happen, but also that the character will reappear out of stuck position.

Also, I have seen report of the False choice of running to nela in the last cutscene. Make it a complete cutscene perhaps???

• Sha'nie likes this

#24 Retodon8

Retodon8

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:01

I wonder if we should we report problems with the game world geometry for a future patch; I know for some engines patching those means patching the entire "level", meaning huge patches.

I recall a piece of concrete wall next to some stairs in Propast for instance, with a kind of slanted bottom that's up a bit too high, so you can see underneath.

Also near the Souk some graffiti is duplicated and rotated a bit, so it's part inside the wall, part floating in front of the proper graffiti.

In Marcuria I've stood so close to the walls of certain houses the camera ends up inside the house and you can look through it.

Should we report those kinds of issue?

Of course if we should, I'll make my descriptions on how to find them a LOT better, with added screenshots. :)

• Sha'nie likes this

#25 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:06

Yeah I encounter such bugs all over Marcuria.
It's interesting to know that these houses are not entirely place holders. there is some content in them as well. I wonder why would someone invest in the graphics inside the house where no one sees.
  • Sha'nie likes this

#26 saiconze

saiconze

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:07

I think i would be a good idea a bug report system inside the game including captures. I think It's more comfortable and more easy for everyone

• Sha'nie likes this

#27 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:12

Should we report those kinds of issue?

I'm sure the team would appreciate bug reports like these; they fixed numerous similar problems in Propast after the release of book one. You might want to start a new thread for it in General Support. I don't think I've seen any threads dedicated to these issues yet.

I think i would be a good idea a bug report system inside the game including captures. I think It's more comfortable and more easy for everyone

Making an integrated bug reporting tool would probably be too costly compared to the added convenience.

• Em_TC and Sha'nie like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#28 msierchio

msierchio

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, California,US

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:22

You may have seen this one already, but if you are attempting to complete the mission in the harbor, and you are caught while holding an inventory item, the game is frozen when you are teleported to the area outside the gate.

#29 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:27

I don't agree it's a false choice. I think the Nela thing is fine as it is. I see it as an exploration of hope. You always have the choice to hope, no matter what plays out in the "external world". What was it Sartre said about choice? We are condemned to be free!

As for what I hope for in future patches: I'm rooting (and tooting) for the shadow people. Not the same without them ;)

#30 saiconze

saiconze

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:32

Another bug cute robot is crossing walls during the first mission.

#31 Oktalist

Oktalist

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:40

What do you mean by crossing walls?

#32 saiconze

saiconze

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 22:55

sorry i mean get through

#33 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 23:03

I'm sure the team would appreciate bug reports like these; they fixed numerous similar problems in Propast after the release of book one. You might want to start a new thread for it in General Support. I don't think I've seen any threads dedicated to these issues yet.

Making an integrated bug reporting tool would probably be too costly compared to the added convenience.

We actually had one, but we removed it before launch; it wasn't working as well as we'd wanted it to. We have been debating putting it back in — but yeah, it does take a bit of work.

• agirlnamedbob, khh and saiconze like this

#34 saiconze

saiconze

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 23:17

But is not easier and faster for you guys having the bug located. If reporting bugs is more easier users will report bugs more frequently and the quality of the game could be even better.

• Sha'nie likes this

#35 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 23:18

We actually had one, but we removed it before launch; it wasn't working as well as we'd wanted it to. We have been debating putting it back in — but yeah, it does take a bit of work.

It's uncanny how good I am at predicting exactly the opposite of what you guys do :P

• Tina, Mr Moo and saiconze like this

April Ryan is my friend,

#36 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 23:34

But is not easier and faster for you guys having the bug located. If reporting bugs is more easier users will report bugs more frequently and the quality of the game could be even better.

We actually do catch most bugs now that we monitor this forum along with the Steam forum, and the emails we get to our support address. I'm not sure we need MORE bug reports ;)

If we had more people handling it, then yeah, for sure — but right now it pretty much lands in the hands of our two, poor, overworked programmers. And they are tired enough as it is!

• WorldsReunited, Mr Moo, Crowboy and 3 others like this

#37 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 23:38

The missing audio for looking at the leviathan oil is a known issue, right? Or do I just have a corrupt file? (Or is the volume on that one so low I can'¨t hear it?)

#38 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 23:47

In Book One people have reported that if they visit Zoë's apartment during the time they're supposed to be looking for Nela, they can't exit it again (there's no interaction icon on the door). Some have also said that Wonkers is gone I think. (link to one such report)

Yeah. I ran into this. Not sure if I was actually supposed to be finding Nela, but I reported about it here: http://redthreadgame...e-14#entry71149

• khh likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#39 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 23:47

The missing audio for looking at the leviathan oil is a known issue, right? Or do I just have a corrupt file? (Or is the volume on that one so low I can'¨t hear it?)

Very likely known. At least I've seen many reports of it, and I think I reported it myself as well, in that bug report thread, with a subsequent "like" from Morten iirc ;) So it's not just you, in any case :)

• khh likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#40 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 23:48

Well, it's been posted around the forums. It's happening to everyone. There are a few other audio related problems as well.

April Ryan is my friend,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users