80 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 17:47

I just posted this on Steam, and since there's no one else here to do it for me, I'm being a Good Boy and posting it myself. Yay me.

We're really happy to see that the majority of players are enjoying Book Two — feedback has been very positive — but we are also aware of a few bugs that some players have reported and encountered. 

We're therefore working on a patch — version 2.0.1 — scheduled for later this week. We can't promise a specific release date yet, since things have to be fixed, implemented and tested before we can release, but here's what's on our task list for this patch: 

• If you talk to Reza before visiting Dr Roman, you get an extra goal that never disappears. This doesn't block anything, but it's annoying. (Confirmed fixed for this patch.) 
  • If you go to the Pandemonium and speak to Mira before meeting Baruti, you will always get the introduction for the neural programming career path. Nothing breaks, but it's confusing! (Confirmed fixed for this patch.) 
  • Mr London confrontation from Chapter 2: the goon says a line twice. (Confirmed fixed for this patch.) 
  • Mac OS-X: animations jittering during cinematics. (Confirmed fixed for this patch.) 
  • Mac OS-X: Occasional crashes during startup. We don't yet know the cause of this — could be Unity-related — but we're trying to find a fix. 
  • The WATI adbot in Chapter 4 can sometimes get stuck. If this happens, progress is blocked. This is a high priority bug. A temporary fix is to reload a previous save; usually the adbot will start moving again. 
  • There are reports of Bip disappearing during the walk to the National Front meeting in Chapter 3. You can fix this by reloading a previous save, or by reaching the location of the meeting — in which case Bip will always reappear. This is also a high priority bug. 
  • The Azadi messenger can sometimes get stuck along his route in Chapter 3. This is high priority, since it blocks progress. A temporary fix is to reload a previous save. 
  • Mission collision in the Enclave, Marcuria and Europolis. Players have reported walking through a closed door and getting stuck inside scenery. We're fixing this. 
  • Game time frozen on Mac laptops after the game has been paused, the laptop goes to sleep, and the player attempts to un-pause the game. We have not gotten any reports about this, but we have encountered it ourselves. Until the patch is out, reloading a previous save fixes the problem. (Confirmed fixed for this patch.) 
  • Consequences/important dialogue notification toggle. By popular demand, we'll be adding this toggle to the options menu. 
  • New icon for identifying the Azadi collaborator. Some players report being confused by the use of the hand-icon for apprehending the suspect. 
  • Journal update. Zoë's journal in chapters 4 and 5 are missing some entries. These will be added. 
  • Force mouse visible during dialogue options (Steam overlay issue). In some cases, we have seen the mouse cursor vanish. This will be fixed. 
  • The 'continue' button on the main menu will be removed or greyed out when 'Start Book X' is available, to avoid confusion. Continue always loads the last save game, and does not start a new book. 
  • All German text implemented. The voice-overs are arriving in a subsequent audio patch, but 2.0.1 will have the missing German subtitles and text. 
  • Mac OS-X crash with certain ATI cards in the Enclave: we have received some reports about this, but we are unable to reproduce. We will try to fix this issue as soon as possible, hopefully for 2.0.1. 
  • Save game update: save games will now be preceded by the chapter number, to make save game organisation a bit easier.

Please note that some issues may be moved off the list if we are unable to reproduce or fix them, and new issues may be added if anything pops up in the meantime. 

Thanks for your support and patience, and we will let you know when v2.0.1 is live, hopefully later this week!

• Tina, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 29 others like this

#2 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2719 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:02

Are you going to little optimise Marcuria? Propast is already perfectly optimised, awesome work RTG!

#3 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6117 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:05

Consequences/important dialogue notification toggle. By popular demand, we'll be adding this toggle to the options menu.

Sigh of relief.

That's a pretty comprehensive list up there! The only thing I'm still missing is to have another look at the LaserEyes bug.

(Optimization if possible, always welcome, and don't forget the seven missing "Helps" "Nelas". ;) )

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, Em_TC and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#4 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:08

• Journal update. Zoë's journal in chapters 4 and 5 are missing some entries. These will be added

Interesting. So the lack of Journal entries was an "error"? I'm very glad for that.

Also, don't forget the extra "NELAAAA!" shouts, Ragnar.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11171 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:08

I almost feel a little bad. But thanks for looking into the toggle. I do really appreciate it. I know that's probably been a little frustrating because some people really want it and some people really don't. 

Looks like you guys are going to be super busy. Seems like a great list. Thanks for posting! 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#6 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:11

Are you going to little optimise Marcuria? Propast is already perfectly optimised, awesome work RTG!

If we can. Marcuria is even more memory-and-CPU intensive than Europolis, but I'm sure we can find ways to optimise even more. We are, as I've said in the past, hitting a bit of a wall with our technology — hopefully this will improve once we port the game to Unity 5. Which will happen. At some point. In the future.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Em_TC and 4 others like this

#7 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:12

Interesting. So the lack of Journal entries was an "error"? I'm very glad for that.

Also, don't forget the extra "NELAAAA!" shouts, Ragnar.

Oh, yeah! I should do that. Thanks for the reminder.

And the journal: yup, it wasn't going to be THAT short. Shorter than before, yes, but seriously. We're sorry about that. It was one of those last-minute things that we decided not to hold the game back because of. It wasn't game breaking, just…unfortunate.

EDIT: "that we decided not to hold the game back because of"? Me English no great.

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, khh and 3 others like this

#8 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:14

Sigh of relief.

That's a pretty comprehensive list up there! The only thing I'm still missing is to have another look at the LaserEyes bug.

(Optimization if possible, always welcome, and don't forget the seven missing "Helps". ;) )

Right, the AMD laser eye bug. It's been a thorn in our side since Book One. Fucking AMD cards, man.

No, but seriously, that should have been on the list. We're working on it.

Also: "NELA!"

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen and 4 others like this

#9 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:19

Its a little odd as Marcuria runs brilliantly for me on a 3 year old i5 (2500k), maybe a little better than Propast. In fact the whole of the 2nd book ran like a dream (pun kinda intended).

nice to see a fix for the 'Reza before visiting Dr Roman' quest log bug, I ran into that one. I had that quest on the list even when I was Kian :)
  • WorldsReunited, khh, Mr Moo and 2 others like this

#10 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7064 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:30

Another few bugs you might want to look into if you have time:

In Book One people have reported that if they visit Zoë's apartment during the time they're supposed to be looking for Nela, they can't exit it again (there's no interaction icon on the door). Some have also said that Wonkers is gone I think. (link to one such report)

In Book Two during the Marcuria blowing up the shipment mission, if people have the inventory open while they're caught by the guard the game breaks. It takes two forms: If they have an item selected while they're caught it's game breaking. If they just have the inventory open without an item selected it's just an annoyance and the correct game state can be obtained by opening and closing the inventory. 

I just posted this on Steam, and since there's no one else here to do it for me, I'm being a Good Boy and posting it myself. Yay me.

Do you want us to post steam announcements here in this forum?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#11 zack

zack

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire. UK

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:31

that looks like it could be a big patch its making me think about playing the whole thing through again to see the other paths and consequences now.

so far ive only played each book once 

#12 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:40

Another few bugs you might want to look into if you have time:

In Book One people have reported that if they visit Zoë's apartment during the time they're supposed to be looking for Nela, they can't exit it again (there's no interaction icon on the door). Some have also said that Wonkers is gone I think. (link to one such report)

In Book Two during the Marcuria blowing up the shipment mission, if people have the inventory open while they're caught by the guard the game breaks. It takes two forms: If they have an item selected while they're caught it's game breaking. If they just have the inventory open without an item selected it's just an annoyance and the correct game state can be obtained by opening and closing the inventory. 

Do you want us to post steam announcements here in this forum?

Thanks for the pointers! We didn't know about those bugs.

And I do think you guys have posted Steam announcements in the past. I just meant there was no one else here at the office to post it for me — NO ONE TO COMMAND :( — and so I posted it myself, for once.

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, khh and 1 other like this

#13 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:56

Thanks for the pointers! We didn't know about those bugs.

And I do think you guys have posted Steam announcements in the past. I just meant there was no one else here at the office to post it for me — NO ONE TO COMMAND :( — and so I posted it myself, for once.

I don't think we've posted anything here in the announcement section though, just in some other threads, I think like twitter thread and/or khh's patch info thread. Now that I think about it, that patch info thread can probably be moved over in this forum section? It's basically consisting of Steam announcements from you guys anyway, I believe :)

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#14 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7064 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 19:09

I don't think we've posted anything here in the announcement section though, just in some other threads, I think like twitter thread and/or khh's patch info thread. Now that I think about it, that patch info thread can probably be moved over in this forum section? It's basically consisting of Steam announcements from you guys anyway, I believe :)

You're right, pretty much everything in that thread is copied directly from steam announcements. I think a case can be made both for keeping it where it is and for moving it.

• Tina likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#15 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 19:30

And the journal: yup, it wasn't going to be THAT short. Shorter than before, yes, but seriously. We're sorry about that. It was one of those last-minute things that we decided not to hold the game back because of. It wasn't game breaking, just…unfortunate.

May I ask something about this? If someone who has finished book 2 already doesn't play again until after Book 3 is out and then goes directly to the beginning of 3, will the "missing" entries appear in the backlog or will they still be missing because they weren't added?

EDIT: "that we decided not to hold the game back because of"? Me English no great.

I'm not a native speaker either but it doesn't sound wrong to me, although a little unusual. I think it's similar to the (kinda) notorious "This is one of the things up with which I will not put" phrase. :)

#16 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:17

Small comment for this thread guys, it's on news and announcements, and contains many spoilers.
Perhaps a warning is in order at the very least.

e.g.
Spoiler

• Em_TC and Oktalist like this

#17 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:22

That's incorrect because it's ending a sentence with a preposition, but people do it all the time to the point that the correct way of saying that seems bizarre.

#18 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11171 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:25

Small comment for this thread guys, it's on news and announcements, and contains many spoilers.

I posted this a bit ago in the "Spoiler Policy" (hey, I was going to super update that and then I didn't...) but after much discussion between the Moderating team and some of the Staff, we decided to not treat official announcements as spoilers for the purposes of this area and the "What Has RTG Been Up To?" thread. 

I can see where you're coming from, but I kind of feel like you have to expect that patch notes may contain some "spoilers." I mean...how else are they going to explain what they're fixing?

I can add a tag, if people really want to, but I'm sort of inclined not to at the moment. Willing to listen to feedback on this one, though. 

• Tina and khh like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#19 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:36

These are patch notes! If people read patch notes, they have to expect at least SOME spoilers. And I don't think I spoiled much of anything. I think hiding patch notes behind spoiler tags defeats the purpose of being open and clear about bugs and what we're doing to fix them.

That's my opinion, at least. I'll let the mods decide, but let's also not be TOO paranoid about these 'spoilers'. Nothing in there is going to ruin anyone's fun :)

• Tina, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 5 others like this

#20 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 20:41

Well, I guess if you think about it, you may reach the conclusion that spoilers are entailed.
I didn't though, and I'm happy that I've already finished the book so nothing was spoilery to me, but others may not be so lucky.
Just thought to point out, that even if not using spoiler tags, which is completely understandable and logical, giving a warning about spoilers might be a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users