32 replies to this topic

#1 TimmyChaw

TimmyChaw

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:34

I couldnt wait any longer... I decided to start up TLJ again, I was just planning on waiting until Chapters, but I gave in :)

Now my plan is to play through TLJ and Dreamfall again before Chapters launches.

Yay me!

• wandrew, Tina, WorldsReunited and 2 others like this

#2 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:54

That was my plan, too. Life got in the way, somehow. :P

• vaga_koleso likes this

#3 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:07

Since I don't have a life I replayed both TLJ and Dreamfall during the Kickstarter campaign and definitely plan on playing them again closer to the release date of Chapters. Yay for replaying! :sohappy:

Edit:

Hrm, I wonder if there is a twelve-step program for habitual re-players?

"Hi! My name is Tami, and I'm a TLJ saga re-player..."   Long live Crow! :crow:

• Jecica, Teller and Nilaii like this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#4 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:28

I also replayed TLJ during the kickstarter. Was planning on playing through Dreamfall as well, but my current laptop can't handle it very well + I don't have a good setup for using a mouse (no desk etc, just sitting in bed). Have to get a better computer before the release of Chapters anyway though, so we'll see :)

• Guran likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#5 Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:11

The Kickstarter campaign gave me a real TLJ and Dreamfall kick, so I too replayed both games during that time. I may very well play at least parts of the game through a few more times before Chapters arrives too though. Every time I sit down with it I'm transformed in part back to the 12- year old I was the first time I played it. I'd always go around playing I was in the game afterwards - still do sometimes. Because fun.

• Teller and Edreamer Jamil like this

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

Finding yourself is brilliant! You desert everybody, abandon your responsibilities and relationships, and focus completely on your own personal misery. It's a douche for the soul.

#6 AstralTraveller

AstralTraveller

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:01

I also replayed TLJ, only a month ago. I didn't replay Dreamfall - I don't have a lot of wish to do so due to the combat and the errand puzzles, and watching the broadcast walkthrough during the KS was quite good in any case.

Too many hands on my time, too many feelings
Too many things on my mind
When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find
When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind

#7 RezaTemiz

RezaTemiz

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:28

I need to replay TLJ as well. I played Dreamfall a little over a year ago, right before the kickstarter campaign started. It's been a few years since TLJ, though.

Maybe we can do some kind of community playthrough of both games before Dreamfall Chapters comes out? We could pace ourselves, take time to discuss each chapter of the game as we play it, share theories, etc. It could be pretty fun. :)

• Jecica, Teller, Edreamer Jamil and 1 other like this

#8 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1848 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 01 March 2014 - 16:41

Maybe we can do some kind of community playthrough of both games before Dreamfall Chapters comes out? We could pace ourselves, take time to discuss each chapter of the game as we play it, share theories, etc. It could be pretty fun. :)

Thats a cool idea. How would that work ?

#9 RezaTemiz

RezaTemiz

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 17:23

Thats a cool idea. How would that work ?

Well, firstly we'd need a playthrough leader - someone who knows the game really, really well. Their job is essentially to set the schedule and guide the discussion. TLJ has set chapters, so it makes scheduling easier. For example,

week 1 - play chapters 1-3

week 2 - play chapters 4-6

etc.

or something similar. Then people just talk about the game, share ideas, or get and give hints if necessary. Mostly the community playthrough is a way to stimulate discussions about anything related to the game as people play it at the same pace.

• Tina, popcorngal and TimmyChaw like this

#10 TimmyChaw

TimmyChaw

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:28

Ha, like a book club almost...

Hmm... This idea has potential :)

#11 Miral

Miral

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:37

Hrm, I wonder if there is a twelve-step program for habitual re-players?

Step 1: Play TLJ.

Step 2: Play Dreamfall.

Step 3: Play TLJ.

(I think you can guess the rest.)

Although I suppose technically we should have 13-step programs instead.  Maybe step 13 is to play Chapters at launch?

• Jecica, popcorngal and Rowan37 like this

#12 AstralTraveller

AstralTraveller

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:31

I think, at some point, it should include (re)reading all the speculation threads in the Forum of Dreams :)

• Rowan37 likes this

Too many hands on my time, too many feelings
Too many things on my mind
When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find
When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind

#13 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 22:24

Dream Fall doesn't have that steep of requirements, I play it on my old toaster.  I'm not saying it will work but I'd give it a try, turn down settings if necessarily.  I mean if you're computer is really really old I can see that I guess, but my computer is pretty old... older than the game itself by a few years and it still plays the game fairly well. :)

#14 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 07 April 2014 - 15:34

Won't be playing them because completed each of them for 3 times already over the last 7 years )

Will just wait for another nice update from Ragnar and Co to ease my hunger for Chapters )

blasted be the balance

#15 demonofelru

demonofelru

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationThe Colony, TX

Posted 07 April 2014 - 19:10

I had recently played both again after buying them from Steam and then my hard drive crashed. Now my saved games are gone. I know they aren't needed or used in Chapters, but I like to have them. I like to keep 1 perfect playthrough of every game that I really enjoy.

I was dreaming. Perhaps it may have been but a long forgotten memory. Things remembered when one is asleep. Things forgotten when one is awake. Where the deepest layers of memories become the outmost layers of one's dreams. Which are reality? Which are illusions? Or perhaps they are, at the same time, both truth and fiction. A vast nebulous with no boundaries. An emptiness equivalent to my own existence. I dreamt such a dream. A long, never-ending, dream. - Fei Fong Wong

#16 Earendiel

Earendiel

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 April 2014 - 16:34

I feel better after reading this thread.  I've re-played TLJ and Dreamfall twice.  Glad to know I'm not the only oddball. Love the game! :lol:

• Rowan37 likes this

#17 pdidit4

pdidit4

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorth East United States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:45

I plan to replay The Longest Journey for a 2nd time and finish Dreamfall: TLJ for the 1st time before Chapters comes out. I can't wait!

• DiskJunky likes this

#18 Shifterdreamer

Shifterdreamer

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:11

I'll play Dreamfall again next week, probably :-) 

I have a dream... The wolf's not here on a sunny day, the wolf's not here, still I sense him...

#19 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 21:46

I have no idea how many times i've replayed TLJ already. I've replayed Dreamfall when KS campain was up, and lately replayed TLJ after remembering I got a key from the campaign virtually laying somewhere on Funcom servers so I figured, what the heck :)

After that I rewatched the twitch.tv broadcast of DF (does that count for another playthrough?)

Well, firstly we'd need a playthrough leader - someone who knows the game really, really well.

I think I've got just the guy for you Click  B)

• khh likes this

#20 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1884 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 22 April 2014 - 17:06

Sigh, with less than an hour a day to play games, I'd have to start now to do a playthrough before Chapters comes out.  I really really wanted RTG to do a TLJ playthrough so I could watch them instead of play on my own.  Ah well.  I'll have to find time somehow.

• DiskJunky likes this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users