Photo

Ilusion of choice. The ending of Book Two.

Book two Nela explosion

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#101 Tomer

Tomer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:18

It's the bin! She gets bonked on the head by a flying bin. Yusss! :sohappy:

This is a joke, right? :)

Btw, what happens if I won't replay the scene? I ran towards Nela - will my decision be saved accordingly? Of course it's not a problem to replay it, but I'm just wondering...

#102 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:36

Btw, what happens if I won't replay the scene? I ran towards Nela - will my decision be saved accordingly? Of course it's not a problem to replay it, but I'm just wondering...

I would imagine that everyone "did" ran towards Nela by default, and if you want a different choice you'll have to replay that part. Of course Ragnar and others will know for sure.

• Tomer likes this

#103 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:00

Yeah, but there probably won't be huge world altering consequences, but rather smaller subtle ones. A game is never completely set in stone until it's shipped.

Correct. We make small adjustments ALL the time. Just last Friday, going over the narrative and gameplay for Book Three with the entire team, we tweaked and changed a bunch of things. Nothing that affects the plot in a major way — and definitely not the ending — but we are not afraid of changing things for the better. With every release, we learn, and we also read all your comments and feedback.

As for the consequence to the bombing, they won't be world-changing or story-altering, but your choice will be referenced in Book Three. (Of course, if you didn't replay it with the beta and ran away from the explosion, your choice will remain 'ran towards Nela shouting at her'.)

• agirlnamedbob, khh, CosmicD and 5 others like this

#104 Beyond Yonder

Beyond Yonder

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:00

EDIT: Ragnar posted the answer to my thought.

#105 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:01

Add a new cutscene because of feedback from players? That's great! Can't wait to play version 2.1!

You don't have to wait for 2.1. This cut-scene is available in version 2.0.1, which is already on Steam — in the beta branch.

• Ravenwoods likes this

#106 Beyond Yonder

Beyond Yonder

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:05

You don't have to wait for 2.1. This cut-scene is available in version 2.0.1, which is already on Steam — in the beta branch.

I have to admit even if Ragnar now thinks I am a coward, I'll still run away because. Running towards an explosion just doesn't compute in my mind. I'd stand there completely baffled and die. That is what would happen IRL to me. Confusion galore!

• khh and Speak&Spell like this

#107 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 March 2015 - 15:48

I wonder how will the game system classify someone who's not the sharpest knife in the box, or someone with big decision problems, who just stands still doing Nela. Nela. Nela.

Does it count as chasing-after-Nela cutscene? Or is it running away?

Can't check the beta branch myself for now because I try to limit my downloads to a minimum as my bandwidth is usually like "screw you and your Dreamfall Chapters all the time, estimated time 3 days and I'll cut your connection after every 5 minutes mwahahaha go cry now"

• Quatipu likes this

#108 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 March 2015 - 15:53

I would count it as chasing her. The "chasing" cut-scene isn't that contradictory to the players' actions if they stand still (compared to having turned their back and ran away).

But your post just gave me the mental image of Zoe just standing there perfectly still and saying "Nela. Nela. Nela." in a boring, emotionless, monotone voice (not a shout), so thanks for the laugh!

• GistOfSpirit, Mr Moo and Abnoxious like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#109 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 March 2015 - 15:54

I'd imagine it just reads where you're standing when the "timer" runs out. If you're closer to Nela, then it counts as running towards her. I'd guess there's basically an invisible line. So if you either didn't walk forward or walked away from her (read: didn't cross the "line") it triggers the other scene. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#110 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 March 2015 - 15:55

But your post just gave me the mental image of Zoe just standing there perfectly still and saying "Nela. Nela. Nela." in a boring, emotionless, monotone voice (not a shout), so thanks for the laugh!

That's what my projected Zoe did thank you very much allright.

So if you either didn't walk forward or walked away from her (read: didn't cross the "line") it triggers the other scene. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO but I Nela'd so much  :megatear:

• agirlnamedbob and DollyDagger like this

#111 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 March 2015 - 16:00

xD Sorry! I could be wrong. I'm not sure where they drew the "line." I'm just saying I assume it works based on where you're standing when the scene is triggered. I doubt how much you "Nela" is a factor. But I'm not a game designer. 

• merryawe and DollyDagger like this

#112 Tomer

Tomer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 16:03

Well, calling out "Nela" and running away is definitely something many people will end up doing, so I hope it counts as "running away".

#113 Luna

Luna

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 16:09

It's definitely flawed, but it worked for me cuz of how ignorant I was!

I didn't understand what Nela was holding, and why she was running towards the gate(?) and I didn't even realize you could click on her and shout, until the last minute. I thought Nela wasn't supposed to know that I was following her. Well, as soon as I realized what was happening, I was like "oh shit" and wanted to turn around but, too late!

• Mr Moo likes this

#114 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 23 March 2015 - 19:17

I tried it with the beta, I actually ran back and not towards her and you just see the same ish cut scene but no extra choise. is that normal ? Am I missing something?

#115 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 March 2015 - 19:37

I don't think it's that it's a formal "choice." 

It's that the game registers where you're at and plays one of two slightly different cut scenes. And this is then recorded and will have some (probably minor) repercussions later. Some alternate dialogue, if nothing else. 

• khh likes this

#116 Linki

Linki

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 19:51

Did you see different cut scenes? How are they different?

#117 dima_io

dima_io

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 19:52

I also run after Nela, That was great moment. But I think it is very simple way to solve this issue.

The game should have a trigger: if you do only a few step back Nela should press the button. That will explain why you was hit by an explosion anyway. If you run to Nela than she should blow herself later, alowing you to have longer scene.

#118 dima_io

dima_io

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 19:55

Oh, read the topic to it's end. Point moot,

• Tomer likes this

#119 Tomer

Tomer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 20:08

Oh. So there isn't an alternative cut scene then? That's what I understood...?

#120 Beyond Yonder

Beyond Yonder

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 20:21

Oh. So there isn't an alternative cut scene then? That's what I understood...?

There is. Ragnar changed it, but how different or what is different doesn't seem to be revealed in this thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Book two, Nela, explosion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users