nela

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 18 March 2015 - 23:17

Okay can't find my same route. But funnily enough Cornelia is first wife of Julius Caesar, to whom Cleopatra was a mistress ^____^ Clutching straws is my game... anyway...

just a forum ghost

#122 CmputrBlu

CmputrBlu

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:15

In Dreamfall when Zoë was in Marcuria she was physically there - but not quite fully, as the White Dragon implied. Maybe now Zoë is capable of doing the exact same thing also in Stark? The events in Europolis probably are real (like the events in Marcuria), but Zoë is dreaming herself there. That's what a "Dreamer" (not meaning the Dreamachine) means in the series - the ability to dream yourself physically to another world.

Sounds right. I'd like to think she's actually "dreaming" in Arcadia right now. But of course if that's true, then you have to ask yourself when did this happen? Are there events before those were are seeing now in Chapters, or has she been in Arcadia all this time since Dreamfall. 

But yes, the events of Stark are real. It won't be reconned.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

"A dream within a dream - I'm impressed."

#123 Science n Magica

Science n Magica

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFederal Way Washington

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:24

I didn't see a possible way to change this scene, but it does seem out of the blue, Nela seemed like too much of a fighter for her own rights, to do this. Could it be her party  is also implicated in this, so there are no good parties at all?

#124 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 20 March 2015 - 16:16

It's a common theory that all politicians and political parties are corrupt, I really love (and hate) the stronger political background in both Stark and Arcadia, it ties them together far better than I felt it did in Dreamfall. It finally hits close-to-home, be it through the stories of Nela, Bip or any other character you chose to connect to. The great (and terrible for that matter) thing about the writing is that the events in DFC translate so well into situations we see unfold in the world around us.

I feel that in Propast, at the point we are currently left, everyone seems to be working against whatever Zoe is fighting to endeavour, and I trust nobody - gotta love the complex web of suspicion. Like how Mira is working on something and wants you gone for the day, suspiciously the day before Nela goes in with that explosive (wonder what that thing was - explosives? Or perhaps cloaking devices and false identification for Reza?) and how the Dragonflies have these bombs just lying around (could Nela be working with them - or for them I mean who's to say they are the ones who get their hands dirty?) 

just a forum ghost

#125 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 March 2015 - 16:41

But of course if that's true, then you have to ask yourself when did this happen?

Well, there is a gap in the narrative between her leaving Storytime and her ending up in Europolis. We know about this period only from her diary and dialogue references. Since she has lost her memories since her first Dreamer console use and until she awoke from coma, there might still be events surrounding her supposed awakening we are just as unaware of as she is.

there are no good parties at all?

The message seems to be that general politics are a very dirty business and no "good" person can remain that in it for long.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users