• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#101 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:11

After the political scandal involving Unity (the Social Democrats) and Kaiser Wulf's party (I would just say National Front :) ), the Marxist Party (Manifesto) would be a logical canditate to vote in the upcoming elections. Even Sully pointed they were the only political group that was not in the Corporations' pocket. However, after a party member is involved in a terrotist attack, the situation will not be that good for the Manifesto and Marta.

edit: agirlnamedbob also pointed this out.

Some shadowy masters do influence the political arena behind the scenes, that's for sure :)

• DeerHunter likes this

#102 ElDoRado1239

ElDoRado1239

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Location203km from Přístaviště

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:16

The only thing I'd comment about the game not really wanting you to do anything apart from what you're supposed to be doing is that there are far fewer things to click on besides what you immediately need. I'm hoping that in time some other diversions will be added as this is something that people really appreciated about the first book. And IIRC there's a stretch goal specifically about looking around for stuff.

How can you say that - have you seen all the metal pipes in Marcuria? You can inspect every single batch of them! That should keep you occupied... :D

• Dmm, DollyDagger and Darkslayer709 like this

So, wake up, Miss Castillo. Wake up and... *smell the ashes*...

#103 Barentity

Barentity

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:22

In my first playthrough I had chosen the sausages, which meant her cart was confiscated and her permit cancelled. Under these circumstances I could kind of see her being so "upset"/sad that she would do something so extreme (she probably felt her life was over anyway). I'll try the other path today (probably), but can anyone who chose the cheese soup tell me if her cart is "intact" in that path? Because if it is, it makes less sense that she would still go ahead with the "bombing".

Someone may have said already but yes, on the cheese soup path her cart is intact and she still does the attack. It still did not seem out of character to me because - as mentioned - she was being pressurised.

(Blessed be the Path of the Cheese Soup.)

How can you say that - have you seen all the metal pipes in Marcuria? You can inspect every single batch of them! That should keep you occupied... :D

:D Achievement Unlocked: Metal Pipe Inspector

• khh, Dmm, DollyDagger and 2 others like this

#104 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:30

Hah! The funniest moment for me was when the girl says she can't find the pink key and it's in a box immediately behind you.

#105 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:33

I tried today. Nothing happened, didn't find anyone to talk to, couldn't visit Hanna or enter any of the other hiding places, couldn't enter my apartment, nothing.

What I ended up doing was approach Nela from the front instead of from behind. Aaand I got yet another mystery-teleport behind her, then the same cutscene and you know it from there on. :D

One more argument in favor of the theory that the whole scene was supposed to be a cutscene but someone forgot to flip off the interactivity switch. :P

And since Zoë was literally blown away...

Even if she wasn't killed, it would take a massive plot hole to explain (or rather, not explain) how she wasn't very badly injured.

As V already pointed out, it's the 23rd century, and wonders of the future technology... To put it simply: A Wizard Did It.

As for the dude grabbing Zoë after the blast, I really have no ideia. Maybe he's after the box Nela gave her? Or maybe he's simply trying to get rid of the body? It might be easier to explain "she vanished" rather than "she was killed during a terrorist attack in which she may or may not have been involved".

The dude is obviously Falk Friedman. Which makes me suspect he or his Fräulein orchestrated the whole bombing to force Zoe's awakening, after which they're gonna snatch her and use her for her plans.

:D Achievement Unlocked: Metal Pipe Inspector

Evil Azadi plan: Install lead plumbing all across Marcuria to have everyone die of water poisoning. Also, pump it full of LSD.
  • Vainamoinen likes this

#106 DeerHunter

DeerHunter

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:34

When the box was given, I knew this would end badly ...

Just like that movie

IDqfvOW.png

• Utritum likes this

#107 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:39

Do you think that in the sausages story branch there's Reza's head in there?  :o  :P

• Mr Moo and DeerHunter like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#108 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:43

Okay. I think this thread has run its course. So, in order to answer the original question:

So. Nela. Theories?

Yes. I think she's dead. :mellow:

• khh, Mr Moo and Idinyphe like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#109 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:59

You know V, if we go by the logic of another thread, we can't even say if Nela actually exists!
  • Mr Moo likes this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#110 longnightfalling

longnightfalling

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 March 2015 - 19:06

Just because the body looks pretty much intact on the outside, that doesn't mean it's not all messed up on the inside. The brain, in particular, doesn't handle being violentely shaken inside the skull very well. It also doesn't handle well sudden violent bumps to the back of the head.

And since Zoë was literally blown away...

Even if she wasn't killed, it would take a massive plot hole to explain (or rather, not explain) how she wasn't very badly injured.

"Your choice will have concussions."

• Koveras, Riaise, Constanse and 3 others like this

#111 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 19:34

Hah! The funniest moment for me was when the girl says she can't find the pink key and it's in a box immediately behind you.

She's acting very much like an addict, yeah.

Evil Azadi plan: Install lead plumbing all across Marcuria to have everyone die of water poisoning. Also, pump it full of LSD.

Not gonna happen, the Azadi are against magic.

• Mr Moo likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#112 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 19:32

What doesn't sit well with me about the idea that Nela was being blackmailed is that, someone who can blackmail her into killing herself and others at the same time could probably blackmail her to do almost anything else. Why have her do one thing instead of several?

• Mr Moo likes this

#113 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 March 2015 - 19:34

That could be what the box is all about.

• inspector likes this

#114 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2015 - 19:47

That could be what the box is all about.

Maybe her bombing wasn't some kind of public gesture at the EYE but more of an attempt to draw the conspirators' attention away from Zoe and the box? In which case she failed horribly.

#115 Idinyphe

Idinyphe

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 21:10

It seems you and I are the only people here who ran the frakk away. :-/ I don't know about your experiences with suicide bombers, guys, but mine tells me that if you see one and you have time to run for cover, DO THAT. When the cutscene then showed Zoe running headlong into the blast, I was really disappointed. For a game that is usually so clever with choices, it really didn't foresee the possibility of the players doing the sane thing in such a situation? I mean, I get it that it's totally in-character for Zoe to attempt to stop a friend from killing herself, potentially after just losing another. And making that scene interactive was supposed to help us feel her anguish and helplessness. But what's the point of making it interactive if we can't really leave the rails, anyway? Could have just as well made it a cutscene.

I am still suspicious. It is possible to store the movementpattern. It is not even a problem to do that. Trigger would be the slow motion. Store the data and analyse!

I would TOTALLY do that if I am RTG. How long was the reaction time? What was the direction.

I am sooo sceptical you have no idea!

It started when they presented the first statistics. Maybe I am just paranoid. Doesen't mean they are not after me anyway :)

• Mr Moo likes this

Unfortunately that's the story of revenge. It's messy. Never really works out the way you want it to.

#116 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 18 March 2015 - 22:36

Okay so I like delving into name meanings, like I do... and chased "Nela" down through its variations and male counterparts, bringing me to Anthony, where I read this: 

English form of the Roman family name Antonius, which is of unknown Etruscan origin. The most notable member of the Roman family was the general Marcus Antonius (called Mark Antony in English), who for a period in the 1st century BC ruled the Roman Empire jointly with Augustus. When their relationship turned sour, he and his mistress Cleopatra were attacked and forced to commit suicide

HMMMM

• Constanse likes this

just a forum ghost

#117 inspector

inspector

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 22:38

I am still suspicious. It is possible to store the movementpattern. It is not even a problem to do that. Trigger would be the slow motion. Store the data and analyse!

I would TOTALLY do that if I am RTG. How long was the reaction time? What was the direction.

I am sooo sceptical you have no idea!

It started when they presented the first statistics. Maybe I am just paranoid. Doesen't mean they are not after me anyway :)

I think he does this. RTG is Wati. Ragnar is Gilmore. The game is the Dreamer and we are the addicts.

• Mr Moo and Idinyphe like this

#118 Idinyphe

Idinyphe

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 22:44

Okay so I like delving into name meanings, like I do... and chased "Nela" down through its variations and male counterparts, bringing me to Anthony, where I read this: 

English form of the Roman family name Antonius, which is of unknown Etruscan origin. The most notable member of the Roman family was the general Marcus Antonius (called Mark Antony in English), who for a period in the 1st century BC ruled the Roman Empire jointly with Augustus. When their relationship turned sour, he and his mistress Cleopatra were attacked and forced to commit suicide

HMMMM

I always thought it is from "Cornelia" (low German form is "Nela")

I think he does this. RTG is Wati. Ragnar is Gilmore. The game is the Dreamer and we are the addicts.

The perfect crime!

• Mr Moo likes this

Unfortunately that's the story of revenge. It's messy. Never really works out the way you want it to.

#119 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 22:52

Another possibility is the false flag. She was manipulated to be a suicide bomber to give justification for increased clampdowns.

#120 Abnoxious

Abnoxious

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFofation, Lolation, Monation. LOCATION!

Posted 18 March 2015 - 23:12

I always thought it is from "Cornelia" (low German form is "Nela")

It depends what names you follow it down from, although I think Cornelia still runs down to it... I shouldn't have closed all my tabs damnit!

just a forum ghost

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users