#81 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2015 - 20:40

Yup. Interactive is always more engaging, but it's kinda silly how it is now for those who run away. And I'm not saying running away is wrong in any way.

Barring any Dreamer magic, running away in such a situation is the only right way. Even if the blast is prevented by some miracle, charging at the militarized police units together with a suicide bomber will get you shot.

My biggest beef is that Zoe is obviously supposed to get hurt to move the plot along in the direction the writers wanted. I don't have a problem with the writers controlling the plot, but if they give us players agency in such a scene, they should at least acknowledge the possibility that some players will not do what they obviously intend them to do. And it is especially jarring in a climactic scene after six hours of meticulously acknowledging every little choice we make.
  • thelj and Mr Moo like this

#82 VersusVII

VersusVII

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 20:44

I think you're safe not putting that in a spoiler tag, but just so you know going forward, you can do it one of two ways. 

Either hit the "Special BBCode Button" (Square with green line, should be third in the top row) and then select "Spoiler" in the drop down. Or just type it in yourself: 

[spoiler] YOUR SPOILER GOES HERE [/spoiler]

:) Hope that helps!

P.S. - Welcome to the forum!

Thank you ^-^/ *writes down how to make spoiler box* 

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, khh and 1 other like this

#83 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 15 March 2015 - 22:38

I think it just shouldn't be possible to run another way - however you could program that - because I feel like there's more to the explosion than meets the eye. It's kind of the wake-up call that Zoe apparently needed. It's needed for the upcoming story.
  • Pawlo_86 likes this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#84 cerb998

cerb998

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 22:47

I ran in like a sucker shouting NELA NELA and half way through it occurred to me that I was about to be blown up :/ I wasn't too fond of that nutcase Nela, but I didn't want her to die, especially not like that. I really hope that Zoe gets a chance to kick the ass of whoever made Nela do this. Poor Nela... she made nice sausages too  :(

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#85 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 23:11

Perhaps there should be a notification there. "Not running towards her will teleport you to the explosion" :lol:

• Koveras, Vainamoinen, thelj and 1 other like this

#86 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 23:28

Perhaps there should be a notification there. "Not running towards her will teleport you to the explosion" :lol:

"Nela DIDN'T explode because of a choice you made."

The preventative inconsequenciality notification. I'm calling it, guys. Wait for Book 3!

• Mr Moo and urzagc13 like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#87 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 00:03

I didn't start running immediately because I didn't realise I had control again, so I was a small distance behind. I kept running until Nela raised the thing, at which point I thought "Oh shit, it's happening" and tried to run away, but it was too late: Zoe barely stopped before the explosion.

#88 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 00:17

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OR, if you try to run away from the explosion:

"If you had managed to get blown up/injured in the explosion, there would have been major consequences. You screwed up."

*insert GAME OVER screen   :lol:

#89 Darkslayer709

Darkslayer709

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 00:30

I ran towards her because I honestly believed there was something Zoe might've been able to do. Nela is a very different person from her but they did seem to be close in their own way and Nela clearly trusted Zoe enough to give her that box for safekeeping. I was genuinely thinking I could snap her out of it and stop her as I ran towards her shouting "Nela!" "Nela!" over and over again.

Alas it wasn't to be. I personally think someone twisted Nela's arm on this one. In book 1 she seemed to be put under a lot of pressure from another Marxist supporter and at that point it seemed as though she had been asked to do something that went beyond what she felt she had signed up for (to the extent where her beliefs and loyalty were called into question). Depending on what happened since then it could be that Nela was forced into taking the action she did.

• tummy ooh aah likes this

#90 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:58

Did anybody try just not following Nela at all?  If, after she gives you the box in the Shuk, can you just walk away in the other direction?

#91 chrisis

chrisis

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAustria, somewhere in the mountains

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:00

Did anybody try just not following Nela at all?  If, after she gives you the box in the Shuk, can you just walk away in the other direction?

She'll stand in front of the checkpoint for all of eternity if you wait/go somewhere else until you come close enough, then it triggers the cutscene. I'm pretty sure there's no way to avoid that last scene in any case at all...

#92 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:02

"Nela DIDN'T explode because of a choice you made."

The preventative inconsequenciality notification. I'm calling it, guys. Wait for Book 3!

"A quick reminder to all you Telltale fans: Not everything in the world depends on your choices. Other people make their choices, too, and there is nothing you can do about that, you arrogant pricks."

I don't think that will do anything. "The other direction" (left of the campaign office) is a dead end and just to get out of that dead end, you need to follow Nela almost all the way to the plaza. I guess you can head straight ahead back home to Sonnenschein, but Nela will just wait for you at her spot, smoking. Judging by how the run function is blocked when you're told to trail Nela, I am guessing that the whole sequence is on rails, and you cannot interact with any normal sandbox triggers at all (haven't tried it, though).

#93 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:19

Okay this gets kinda mean but some things really make me laugh so hard! And Telltale is right!
  • Constanse likes this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#94 ElDoRado1239

ElDoRado1239

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Location203km from Přístaviště

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:26

I don't think that will do anything. "The other direction" (left of the campaign office) is a dead end and just to get out of that dead end, you need to follow Nela almost all the way to the plaza. I guess you can head straight ahead back home to Sonnenschein, but Nela will just wait for you at her spot, smoking. Judging by how the run function is blocked when you're told to trail Nela, I am guessing that the whole sequence is on rails, and you cannot interact with any normal sandbox triggers at all (haven't tried it, though).

I tried today. Nothing happened, didn't find anyone to talk to, couldn't visit Hanna or enter any of the other hiding places, couldn't enter my apartment, nothing.

What I ended up doing was approach Nela from the front instead of from behind. Aaand I got yet another mystery-teleport behind her, then the same cutscene and you know it from there on. :D

So, wake up, Miss Castillo. Wake up and... *smell the ashes*...

#95 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 14:15

Thanks, everyone!

#96 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 16 March 2015 - 15:40

Just because the body looks pretty much intact on the outside, that doesn't mean it's not all messed up on the inside. The brain, in particular, doesn't handle being violentely shaken inside the skull very well. It also doesn't handle well sudden violent bumps to the back of the head.

And since Zoë was literally blown away...

Even if she wasn't killed, it would take a massive plot hole to explain (or rather, not explain) how she wasn't very badly injured.

As for the dude grabbing Zoë after the blast, I really have no ideia. Maybe he's after the box Nela gave her? Or maybe he's simply trying to get rid of the body? It might be easier to explain "she vanished" rather than "she was killed during a terrorist attack in which she may or may not have been involved".

Again I dunno. :unsure:

Edit: that last Or shouldn't have been there. Oops.

Edited by Carlos, 16 March 2015 - 16:21.

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#97 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 15:50

Even if she wasn't killed, it would take a massive plot hole to explain (or rather, not explain) how she wasn't very badly injured.

Uhmmmm... let's say...

The Tetra Instaclick Supracirclelight iBomb™ commonly used by communist terrorists in 2209 AD has a limited blast radius, with the brunt of the explosion extending to about two metres only.

Phew! Got that covered as well. :)

• agirlnamedbob, Layara, DollyDagger and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#98 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 16:18

Just because the body looks pretty much intact on the outside, that doesn't mean it's not all messed up on the inside. The brain, in particular, doesn't handle being violentely shaken inside the skull very well. It also doesn't handle well sudden violent bumps to the back of the head.

Actually that isn't necessarily true. If you have slow burning explosives they can create a woosh rather than a shock wave, which is much more prone to throw things back. With these kind of explosives you can see things such as windows blown out of the frames that are still unshattered on the ground. My chemistry teacher in high school told a story about how a friend of him has entered a room that was filled with flammable gasses, and it exploded just as he opened the door and he was thrown backwards out of the room with no injuries. It can happen.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#99 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 17:11

2209 AD

Who cares what terrorists were using 11 years ago? :P

#100 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:08

I've made a career out of "running the other way". In every game I immediately do something other than what the game tells suggests strongly for me to do. Just for the hell of it. It's been interesting so far.

Going to The Hand before you're supposed to gets a "go and see Reza" notification stuck in the task list. I then followed Nela in Propast after a conversation had finished earlier on and she walks all the way to the barrier beside the monument in the Souk before the game decides to make her disappear. I was quite surprised how long the game keeps track of where she's going. (I once followed that insane sporty woman on the bike in GTA5 after our race had finished and she cycles around forever, completely ignoring me. I eventually got bored and left her alone after about 40 minutes :-D) And then I ran after Bip and the fireflower-hating guard to see where they went. The guard blips out of existence sooner than Nela did before.

In this last case I did start off by not following Nela. I went to the Hand so see if I could look in there. No way to get in. I wandered around. Nothing to do. Nela just waits for you at the Kaprova place. I then activated the start of that scene and again ran in the opposite direction and yeah I'm suddenly running towards her. But I didn't mind that. I fully realised that I was just being thrawn.

The only thing I'd comment about the game not really wanting you to do anything apart from what you're supposed to be doing is that there are far fewer things to click on besides what you immediately need. I'm hoping that in time some other diversions will be added as this is something that people really appreciated about the first book. And IIRC there's a stretch goal specifically about looking around for stuff.

But I'm not going to moan. Not yet! ;)

• Mr Moo, Bruno and inspector like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users