Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4559 posts
  • LocationÅmot, Norway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:18

What is/was in the box?

Pork sausages, definitely.

The interesting thing about this topic is what I learned about me. When I realised she is planning an assault I tried to run away as fast as slow motion took me to a "savespot" (an entrance around the corner with walls to the center of the explosion) to be save from the explosion.

I just heard the "time slowing down" sound and was all "ZOË, USE YOUR MAGICAL STORYTIME POWERS TO SAVE NELA!"
Of course, that didn't happen.

"It's all a dream" would surely be a gutsy choice.There surely are hints to that effect though. Like that it's always raining outside when you're inside but never when you step outside, which Zoe comments on if you click on the window in her apartment.

What I'm thinking is that it's mostly real but there is some dream shenanigans going on. After all Zoe can go to real places while dreaming.

Yes. And the "you need to wake up" thing has been seriously turned up a notch or two in this book!

(One of the first things she says to Zoe in the chapter is that it'd take a Miracle to boost Marte's numbers.)

Marte 4 prez!

cAWgz5Zm.png

• wandrew, Tina, Jecica and 3 others like this

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#62 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:19

Because there's no way Zoë survived that blast.

Because people never survive things in dreams that they may not survive in real life. ;) 

Also, I didn't see her open her eyes...? It look more like she was grimacing in her sleep. Like having a nightmare. 

...I'm still processing my thoughts on this one, but we should probably start the Zoe-Coma-Speculation-Thread. 

• khh, CosmicD, Mr Moo and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#63 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:21

I dunno.

Maybe to hide the body before it vanishes as Zoë wakes up?

Or maybe...

Nope, I got nothing...

• Mr Moo likes this

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#64 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:22

Marte 4 prez!

xD

...Yup. So that's a thing I did. 

*sigh* 

#65 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:23

Well, I guess everyone who said that Zoë was still in a coma and dreaming herself into Stark was right.

How then can be explained that Falk "captured" Zoe after blast?

Yes, what's really going on is definitely more complicated than our simple "Dreaming" assumptions.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#66 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:24

Pork sausages, definitely.

If so, Reza will be force fed with sausages, assuming he's still alive. :lol:

• Pawlo_86 and Ravenwoods like this

#67 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:22

Mm-hmm.

See, this is why developer interaction is good. This right here.

• skadet, agirlnamedbob, GistOfSpirit and 1 other like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#68 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:28

See, this is why developer interaction is good. This right here.

If making me yell "TEASE" and throw something at my computer is "good." Then yes. 

Very good. 10/10. Keep it up. 

:P

• skadet, khh, Constanse and 1 other like this

#69 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:18

I may have said this in another thread (I'm getting really lost what that concerns!) but Nela said something on the lines of "the Marxists are losing spirit, only a few want to take force" and she sounds like she's not happy with how things are going and after my second playthrough I totally feel like she would be one of those taking action, no matter the consequence.

I don't remember if it was Baruti or Mira or if Sully will say it too, but everyone except Manifesto is involved within the WATI-conspiracy.
  • agirlnamedbob and inspector like this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#70 Clairobscur

Clairobscur

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationKyrandia

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:03

If Europolis Zoë is a dream of Coma Zoë, wouldn't her body have instantly disappeared if she had died in the explosion?

So far, I do not think she died in the explosion and that the sound we hear is a tinnitus (and not a flat-line) caused by the loud explosion telling us she is not.

• GistOfSpirit and inspector like this

#71 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 721 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:52

can anyone who chose the cheese soup tell me if her cart is "intact" in that path?

Spoiler

#72 Ravenwoods

Ravenwoods

Arcadia Native

• Journeyman
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 13:34

If Europolis Zoë is a dream of Coma Zoë, wouldn't her body have instantly disappeared if she had died in the explosion?

So far, I do not think she died in the explosion and that the sound we hear is a tinnitus (and not a flat-line) caused by the loud explosion telling us she is not.

Disappearing in the face of a threat is April's ability! :P

#73 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 14:40

Yeah, what I expect is the scene at the end to not be referenced any time soon (in game-time, that is) and Zoë will just wake up in what apparently is her dream body in a Propast hospital, or somewhere with Friedman.

#74 VersusVII

VersusVII

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 19:24

In my first playthrough I had chosen the sausages, which meant her cart was confiscated and her permit cancelled. Under these circumstances I could kind of see her being so "upset"/sad that she would do something so extreme (she probably felt her life was over anyway). I'll try the other path today (probably), but can anyone who chose the cheese soup tell me if her cart is "intact" in that path? Because if it is, it makes less sense that she would still go ahead with the "bombing".

I don't know how to make a spoiler box so... SPOILER!!!!

I choose the cheese soup. Her cart is still there and she says to Zoe "I'm glad you didn't take the sausages, they caused some intossications but today's sausages taste better". She apologies for her reaction in Book one (when you ask her about Hanna).

So Nela suicide was odd to me.  She looked a bit upset and strange, probably she met again that girl of Book one or she discovered something bad... I don't know, for me she wasn't going to suicide. Only to retire herself for a bit.

#75 ElDoRado1239

ElDoRado1239

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Location203km from Přístaviště

Posted 15 March 2015 - 19:31

I think some of you are going too deep... Look at Zoe's clothes, her main injury is on her head, which she probably got upon hitting the ground. Other than that, she looked rather intact to me.

And I don't really believe RTG would make a scene where someone drags away the body of someone who isn't there anymore... so she's still there, she's just injured, and she'll wake up somewhere with Falk sitting next to her. That's what I expect, at least.

BTW: Maybe Nela didn't WANT to do it, but instead HAD to do it. For reasons we don't know yet.

So, wake up, Miss Castillo. Wake up and... *smell the ashes*...

#76 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 19:31

I don't know how to make a spoiler box so... SPOILER!!!!

I think you're safe not putting that in a spoiler tag, but just so you know going forward, you can do it one of two ways. 

Either hit the "Special BBCode Button" (Square with green line, should be third in the top row) and then select "Spoiler" in the drop down. Or just type it in yourself: 

[spoiler] YOUR SPOILER GOES HERE [/spoiler]

:) Hope that helps!

Also, I agree with your assessment. The more I'm thinking about the whole thing with Nela, the more I really feel like there's something big going on here that we don't know. I really feel like Hanna will have some answers and I think it's possibly connected to whoever has Hanna in hiding. 

P.S. - Welcome to the forum!

• Tina and khh like this

#77 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 19:50

Yes, I think the box will contain information that will clarify Nela's motivations completely.  Either she was under extra pressure we don't know about it or she learned something that drove her to utter despair so that she felt violence was the only possible course of action.

#78 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2015 - 19:57

Ooh, actually, if Zoe is still dreaming, that could kinda work... Like Zoe's seb-conscious going 'right, I need to do something extreme so that she wakes up now?'

Given how often the words "Wake up" come up in Book Two (even more often than in Book One), that kind of escalation was to be expected.

The interesting thing about this topic is what I learned about me. When I realised she is planning an assault I tried to run away as fast as slow motion took me to a "savespot" (an entrance around the corner with walls to the center of the explosion) to be save from the explosion.

It seems you and I are the only people here who ran the frakk away. :-/ I don't know about your experiences with suicide bombers, guys, but mine tells me that if you see one and you have time to run for cover, DO THAT. When the cutscene then showed Zoe running headlong into the blast, I was really disappointed. For a game that is usually so clever with choices, it really didn't foresee the possibility of the players doing the sane thing in such a situation? I mean, I get it that it's totally in-character for Zoe to attempt to stop a friend from killing herself, potentially after just losing another. And making that scene interactive was supposed to help us feel her anguish and helplessness. But what's the point of making it interactive if we can't really leave the rails, anyway? Could have just as well made it a cutscene.

In Dreamfall when Zoë was in Marcuria she was physically there - but not quite fully, as the White Dragon implied. Maybe now Zoë is capable of doing the exact same thing also in Stark? The events in Europolis probably are real (like the events in Marcuria), but Zoë is dreaming herself there. That's what a "Dreamer" (not meaning the Dreamachine) means in the series - the ability to dream yourself physically to another world.

I gotta agree with that theory. The money question is, however, where IS Zoe's old physical body? As you've correctly pointed out, she has only been able to go to Arcadia and Winter in DF, implying that that's because her real body slept in Stark. If she can now project her dream presence into Stark, as well, it means that either we got her powers wrong, they evolved between games, or her body is no longer in Stark.

If you chose the Baruti-data path, then those two events one after the other are enough to send anyone into shock.

Nope. I was actually quite unfazed by it. I already expected shit to go down bad when I saw all those patrols in Propast in Book Two, so I entered a Total Zoe Preservation Mode: where I am ready to sacrifice any NPC if that means boosting Zoe's chances of surviving that mess (which is part of the reason I am bitter about that cutscene override with Nela). I already lost a female lead on my watch. Not one more.

#79 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 20:03

We'll do that for an upcoming patch, so even if you guys don't get the pleasure of hearing Zoë shout "Nela!" in eight different ways, the next wave of players will.

Eight?! That is... sufficient. Even for the more screamy people among us. :)

Could have just as well made it a cutscene.

SO on the fence about this. :mellow:

I gotta agree with that theory. The money question is, however, where IS Zoe's old physical body? As you've correctly pointed out, she has only been able to go to Arcadia and Winter in DF, implying that that's because her real body slept in Stark. If she can now project her dream presence into Stark, as well, it means that either we got her powers wrong, they evolved between games, or her body is no longer in Stark.

Particularly based on that last cutscene, my money absolutely still is on the very same hospital coma bed we've left her in at Dreamfall's end (I'm still working on the theory that Gabriel is still sitting there). Her mind travels from the Storytime this time though, not from Stark.

• khh likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#80 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 20:11

SO on the fence about this. :mellow:

Yup. Interactive is always more engaging, but it's kinda silly how it is now for those who run away. And I'm not saying running away is wrong in any way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users