#41 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 March 2015 - 17:35

So did I, but that took me out at the same time. They should have recorded more than one "Nela" scream. ;)

At the start of Heavy Rain you've "lost" your son, Jason, in a crowded Mall and you're searching for him. Funnily enough there's a button that has only one function: yelling "Jason!!" in a not very convincing way. People dubbed it the "Jason! button" and it has been parodied a lot.
  • wandrew, skadet, merryawe and 1 other like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#42 Sarph

Sarph

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 19:43

Having chosen the soup, Nela's cart is not confiscated. I tried to find Nela to dig up some info on the Abby/Hanna situation, and the cart was there unattended.

As for the explosion scene, I ran directly for Nela, and about halfway through I got cold feet and turned around running the other way :P

• skadet and Igelwelt like this

#43 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 14 March 2015 - 19:50

So did I, but that took me out at the same time. They should have recorded more than one "Nela" scream. ;)

This is my thought exactly, that scene on it's own was great, but the fact that she's like screaming nela the exact same way (it's one sample) kind of reduces the immersion for me so I stopped doing it.

It shouldn't even be random, but the second one should be more dramatic than the first one, the third more dramatic than the second, maybe a "what are you doing!" in between ?

• Igelwelt likes this

#44 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 March 2015 - 20:13

Or a "stop!", "no!" or "don't!", etc. I agree. Maybe in the "remastered" edition, lol.

• Igelwelt likes this

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#45 Valy

Valy

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNeuffen (Germany)

Posted 14 March 2015 - 22:56

"13% of the people did run away from the explosion"

"92% of the people used the dreammachine within 5 minutes"

where did you find this information?

#46 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2015 - 23:36

Pretty sure he just made it up.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#47 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 00:16

To me, the most heartbreaking thing about Nela is that if she had waited, she may have gotten her "miracle" that she mentioned. (One of the first things she says to Zoe in the chapter is that it'd take a Miracle to boost Marte's numbers.)

And Sully basically flat out says it may have that effect.

...And then Nela does her thing. 

Whether or not knowing what Zoe new would have made a difference, I don't know, but...

...I saw that scene coming and it still just shook me really badly. 

• Indrid Cold, Mr Moo, DollyDagger and 1 other like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#48 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 00:35

I fear the streets of Propast will be bathed in blood soon, the way this seems to head. :(

#49 artemisofephesus

artemisofephesus

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 March 2015 - 00:37

...I saw that scene coming and it still just shook me really badly.

Yeah, as I was following Nela the thought flashed into my head, but I thought I was being far too extreme/silly. I think I'd seen somewhere on the internet a screenshot or something titled 'Nela's choice', which got me thinking. And then I got closer and closer to the EYE roadblock thing and she pulled out her bomb and I was all 'NOOOOOOO NELA please I didn't think this would ACTUALLY happen...' :(

If you chose the Baruti-data path, then those two events one after the other are enough to send anyone into shock.

#50 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 00:40

To me, the most heartbreaking thing about Nela is that if she had waited, she may have gotten her "miracle" that she mentioned. (One of the first things she says to Zoe in the chapter is that it'd take a Miracle to boost Marte's numbers.)

I don't know.  Gross might still win.  I actually wondered if the evidence was fabricated in order to ensure that he won.  And with the clamp down from the Eye, do you really think the election is going to be fair?  If the marxists actually won, either the vote would be tampered with to prevent them taking office or there'd simply be a coup.

#51 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 00:41

Yeah, as I was following Nela the thought flashed into my head, but I thought I was being far too extreme/silly. I think I'd seen somewhere on the internet a screenshot or something titled 'Nela's choice', which got me thinking. And then I got closer and closer to the EYE roadblock thing and she pulled out her bomb and I was all 'NOOOOOOO NELA please I didn't think this would ACTUALLY happen...' :(

If you chose the Baruti-data path, then those two events one after the other are enough to send anyone into shock.

I didn't make Baruti die. Just, you know...lose his job and hate me forever.  :rolleyes: Still emotionally draining. At least he didn't die, though. 

...I don't know why, but something about the way Sully's words echoed back to Nela's from the beginning...the SECOND she called, I knew she was going to do something stupid. I hoped maybe there'd be a way to try and talk her out of it, but... NOPE. 

EDIT: 

I don't know.  Gross might still win.  I actually wondered if the evidence was fabricated in order to ensure that he won.  And with the clamp down from the Eye, do you really think the election is going to be fair?  If the marxists actually won, either the vote would be tampered with to prevent them taking office or there'd simply be a coup.

I don't know what options you chose, but in mine, Sully made it clear that the Marxists were the only ones not involved in this scheme some how or other. The focus was just on Unity and Wolf because they were leading the polls. So I can't see support surging for him.

But more importantly, even if they hadn't won Nela seeing that story break in the papers might have been enough to put her on a different path. The numbers may have been tampered, with, yes, but that's not the point. 

• inspector likes this

#52 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 00:45

...I don't know why, but something about the way Sully's words echoed back to Nela's from the beginning...the SECOND she called, I knew she was going to do something stupid. I hoped maybe there'd be a way to try and talk her out of it, but... NOPE. 

If Baruti does die, then Nela doesn't call you, but you call her. It's a disturbing but good scene.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#53 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 15 March 2015 - 00:54

Though I understand why that scene was handled this way, I'm actually bothered that the "Manifesto extremist group" jumped straight from no action to suicide bombing (I assume it's not just Nela doing her thing there). I would expect (for a group not motivated by religious reasons) to first try "normal" bombing, with a big chance of getting caught/killed of course, but less than the 100% chance of death of suicide bombing. In fact I was certain since Book 1 (and Nella's discussion outside the Collective) and even when she gave Zoe the box, that there would be some kind of "big"/impressive bombing that would result in full military law in Europolis, but I was taken by surprise when she pulled out the grenade.

• Mr Moo and inspector like this

#54 Idinyphe

Idinyphe

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 00:57

Nowhere. Those numbers are just an estimation.

But that is not the point I am talking about. RTG did datamine our behaviour and they will do this again. On one side it is funny and I really like the idea.

On the other side the game itself is like a dreammachine we are connected and maybe a little addicted to. (I do not judge nor criticise, just make a statement)

The question is not only what will RTG do with that data. What are others doing with similar data? As everything it could be used for helping or for egoism. It is not the data, it is what you do with it.

But this is another discussion for another thread... in the future, after the end of the game.

• inspector likes this

Unfortunately that's the story of revenge. It's messy. Never really works out the way you want it to.

#55 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:03

We did! Blame it on a lack of communication: I didn't know Quintin (the designer of that scene) was allowing players to repeatedly call Nela, so I didn't put the alternate shouts in. We'll do that for an upcoming patch, so even if you guys don't get the pleasure of hearing Zoë shout "Nela!" in eight different ways, the next wave of players will.

• wandrew, Jecica, skadet and 14 others like this

#56 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:03

Though I understand why that scene was handled this way, I'm actually bothered that the "Manifesto extremist group" jumped straight from no action to suicide bombing (I assume it's not just Nela doing her thing there). I would expect (for a group not motivated by religious reasons) to first try "normal" bombing, with a big chance of getting caught/killed of course, but less than the 100% chance of death of suicide bombing. In fact I was certain since Book 1 (and Nella's discussion outside the Collective) and even when she gave Zoe the box, that there would be some kind of "big"/impressive bombing that would result in full military law in Europolis, but I was taken by surprise when she pulled out the grenade.

...Didn't Nela drop some pretty serious hints that some of the people in her party were going extreme and violent? I guess it didn't surprise me for that reason as much...

Though, I have been toying with the thought that it may have nothing to do with politics. She seems to be involved with some shady people as a part of something else. If she got the bomb from Hanna, maybe whoever has Hanna so scared that she's hiding is also the one who put pressure on Nela? 

Hard to say at this point, but I feel there's more to this story. 

• skadet, khh, Mr Moo and 2 others like this

#57 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:06

Mm-hmm.

• skadet, agirlnamedbob, khh and 7 others like this

#58 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:09

...Didn't Nela drop some pretty serious hints that some of the people in her party were going extreme and violent? I guess it didn't surprise me for that reason as much...

Though, I have been toying with the thought that it may have nothing to do with politics. She seems to be involved with some shady people as a part of something else. If she got the bomb from Hanna, maybe whoever has Hanna so scared that she's hiding is also the one who put pressure on Nela? 

Yes, extreme and violent on others, the oppressors. I mean suicide bombing is usually the last resort (again, unless afterlife promises come into play and even then, it's usually the result of utter despair where no other path seems open). Maybe that's the case here, as you say, maybe she was blackmailed or worse and my assumptions are wrong. But it would be good to know (probably the box will be important, unless the "we're still in coma" plot throws a curveball to the events at the end of Book 2).

Mm-hmm.

Sounds good to me! ;)

• agirlnamedbob and Mr Moo like this

#59 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:14

Well, I guess everyone who said that Zoë was still in a coma and dreaming herself into Stark was right.

Because there's no way Zoë survived that blast.

(also because the next scene is Zoë opening her eyes in the *exact* setting from when the game begins.)

Well, not if you ran after Nela, that is. Because If you do, you almost catch her, so much so I thought the EYE were going to shoot both Nela and Zoë.

And yeah, when you see Nela standing there smoking a cigarette facing the EYE headquarters, if you hadn't figured she was going to do something bad, you do then.

• agirlnamedbob, Mr Moo and Camillo like this

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#60 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:16

Well, I guess everyone who said that Zoë was still in a coma and dreaming herself into Stark was right.

Because there's no way Zoë survived that blast.

(also because the next scene is Zoë opening her eyes in the *exact* setting from when the game begins.)

How then can be explained that Falk "captured" Zoe after blast?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users