Photo

Seriously, who would have thought lunch...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:00

First playthrough - I've had to do this three times because I got a virus once, and the second time I had to wipe my computer because no matter what I would do crossfire wouldn't work..

This last time I said fuck it.  I'll get him the damn sausages to see what happens.  Before I was like...you know what, why quibble over food.  It's a stupid thing to quibble about.

Jeez I kind of regretted that one.  Who would have thought lunch...seriously.

(shakes head)

• khh and Mr Moo like this

#2 Tomer

Tomer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 14 March 2015 - 17:28

But these stuff are exactly the kind of things partners fight about ;) I found it pretty ingenious to be honest (I got him the cheese soup)
  • khh, Mr Moo, DollyDagger and 1 other like this

#3 aprilryan2

aprilryan2

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 14 March 2015 - 18:54

So what happens if you give this whiny reza the sauseges then?

• Mr Moo likes this

#4 Kimaka

Kimaka

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 19:06

After that, I was even happier that I got him and Zoe to break up.

So what happens if you give this whiny reza the sauseges then?

He gets sick and writes a story about it which gets Nela's cart confiscated.

• Mr Moo, loranna238 and Igelwelt like this

#5 DollyDagger

DollyDagger

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:27

But these stuff are exactly the kind of things partners fight about ;) I found it pretty ingenious to be honest (I got him the cheese soup)

Yeah, I thought the fights were really well-written, felt exactly like the kind of fights people have when they're just not happy together. Some little thing that shouldn't be a big deal IS a big deal because YOU did it and that's just TYPICAL...

• Mr Moo and Tomer like this

#6 cerb998

cerb998

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 22:37

I'm glad I gave the sausages to Rezza and broke up with him. He really went and confirmed what a dick he was by closing Nela down. I didn't like how Sully backed him up on the Nela Bites story either. After all, it was Rezza himself who didn't want to write a story on Mr London because he was just a local gangster, while The Hand was after the corporate big fish, like Nela, apparently.

#7 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 22:56

I'm glad I gave the sausages to Rezza and broke up with him. He really went and confirmed what a dick he was by closing Nela down. I didn't like how Sully backed him up on the Nela Bites story either. After all, it was Rezza himself who didn't want to write a story on Mr London because he was just a local gangster, while The Hand was after the corporate big fish, like Nela, apparently.

how does people gets to break up with reza?

i got you saved your relationship.......... for now, instead.

#8 cerb998

cerb998

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 23:45

To break up:

Spoiler

#9 Darkslayer709

Darkslayer709

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 23:57

After that, I was even happier that I got him and Zoe to break up.

He gets sick and writes a story about it which gets Nela's cart confiscated.

It's shit like this which really makes me wish I'd just broken up with him. As it is a part of me still has some weak faith that he IS the same Reza from Dreamfall and not some kind of creepy husk of a man / someone else wearing his skin.

He really is a dick though. I got him the cheese soup and he had the nerve to get all argumentative about it even though HE was the one who didn't want anything too "adventurous".

#10 P.D.Quackers

P.D.Quackers

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:37

I made Zoe be nice to him on my first book 1 playthrough, and it felt really forced. The second time around I had Zoe give him the sausages and break up with him, because I just don't like him. And now I have a good reason not to, since he wrote the story about Nela. :(
"One is never alone with a rubber duck."
Douglas Adams

#11 Z43

Z43

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 15:56

Reza died in Japan on January 22, 2019, forcibly plugged into a mind control network, his personality consumed and erased.

The empty shell that remained walks and talks - but it talks in cliches, walks the beaten path, writes what everyone already knows and an occasional exposé on tainted meat for a toothless newsfeed.

Spoiler

• Anastasia435 likes this

#12 dreamerblue

dreamerblue

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 00:07

So if you break up with him, do you still live in the same apartment? I thought that was his apartment and she'd moved in with him (I'd have to read her journal again to see if it says), so wouldn't it make sense for her to be asked to leave rather than him leaving?

#13 Z43

Z43

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:19

You don't. As for whose apartment it is:

Reza already lived in Europolis as of April 10, 2020, and they found an apartment for Zoe/both as of April 22.

The place is entirely devoid of anything that isn't Zoe's, or generally of anything. Granted, Reza no longer being the same person as in Casablanca, he doesn't need much, but people tend to accumulate at least some things.

Since Reza is still known as the famous Jericho, he's presumably well-paid just for the name and would have to spend the money on something, he certainly wouldn't have to squeeze into a tiny apartment. And how would one reconcile the empty fridge with Reza's announced cooking skills (that's some skill to cook risotto, of course, but see above)?

It would appear that Reza still has his own place and their moving in together is just human mating ritual.

#14 efv

efv

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:25

MY HEAD HURTS omg these theories will be the death of me. DFC is really being an amazing experience.

But yeah. Who'd have thought :blink: 

Too bad. I wish I'd broken up with him in the first book without having Nela's kiosk confiscated due to the story. Breaking up was what I was going for with the sausages, but... nope x.x

• khh likes this

#15 Stormwhisper

Stormwhisper

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:58

Difficult to find  aplace to post this, but it seems interesting, and as this is a discussion about lunch...

I'm going to play the Whole two books again today, I just started, and:

Book I - Chapter II: the Warden enters Kian Alvane's cell complaining about how Kian refused his last meal, which was personally chosen by the warden himself and it was meant to be: sausages.

So I had a confused epiphany about it. Is it just a coincidence? Is Kian's turning down the meal because of sausages? Is he going to refuse it anyway? Is this an easter eggish complain about sausages that they trouble in some kind of way our characters? Or is it a hint about Zoe having to choose between, again, sausages and the cheese soup...

As I've played Book I many times it never occured to me, but after book II I'm more focused about consequences, as I've seen a concrete development, and maybe that's why now I'm more keen to find  such a detail at least meaningful.

Your thoughts? Is it a coincidence or not?

#16 dreamerblue

dreamerblue

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 16:48

Maybe Ragnar had a bad sausage once. I got food poisoning from a set of breakfast sausages at the beginning of a vacation once and I've never looked at them the same since :P.

#17 Science n Magica

Science n Magica

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFederal Way Washington

Posted 22 March 2015 - 00:35

I still feel like replaying stuff in Chapters is a no no, from what Ragnar had said, however I can't help myself, I like to see what the possibilities are  I, after having to reinstall Chapters book one, I had to go back and replay it from the start after I had chosen the sausage, which didn't seem like it was going to go well. After i restarted the game and made a different choice in Storytime, that led to the career path at the bio lab, I had stuck with the sausage choice again, and saw the consequence with Nela loosing Carl.  I went back to redo the food choice, (I didn't mess with Storytime as I didn't want to change the career path) I was happy that Nela didn't loose Carl but my career path changed and I was back with shitbot. Don't know how that happened maybe a glitch.  However in the end it made no difference as Reza is a jerk and we are damned with what ever choice we make. I do hope they break up. I was surprised with Reza being back at any rate, as I thought he had died in Dreamfall.  And now I am thinking giving the data to Sully may be a bad idea? Is Reza really evil? From the whole food deal, I am kinda thinking he is. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users