• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#441 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 December 2015 - 15:35

Only if RTG goes "the full way" with Kian, meaning he'll have a relationship with Likho in the end.

We can dream, but I don't think it will happen. This series has never really been about love. But I don't think that Kian will be untrue to his self either.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#442 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3102 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 15:56

Only if RTG goes "the full way" with Kian, meaning he'll have a relationship with Likho in the end.

I'd think that highly unlikely, TBH. Even if Likho survives and forgives Kian entirely, I think being in a relationship with the person who murdered his father in front of him would be too much.

• Nancy Brown likes this

#443 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 17:55

@the red of the kin & Hitana

You have just sparked an idea in my head, a theory by mentioning Kian adopting a child. 

From the clues at the end of Book 4 we can deduce that Kian is the Bloodless King. 

Lady is a honorific title, it can just be used to address a woman but it can also imply nobility. 

If Kian is/will be a King, then any child of his would be a noble, and so people may refer to them as Lady/Lord. 

To top it all off, Crow at the end of TLJ describes Lady Alvane as Warrior Princess, which implies her being a daughter of Monarch, say one Bloodless King.

Now we also know that Crow is on the search for Kian, and then will be bonded to The Girl Who Walks Between The Worlds. 

So my theory is Saga ends up being in Arcadia after her escape from HoAW, and at some point Kian and Crow will find her. She will not be able to get back to HoAW and will miss her father, and so Kian will be the closest thing she has to a father figure after a while, and so she will take his name, and so The Longest Journey Home begins. 

• Ringtail, spyked, tummy ooh aah and 4 others like this

#444 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 08 December 2015 - 19:37

So my theory is Saga ends up being in Arcadia after her escape from HoAW, and at some point Kian and Crow will find her. She will not be able to get back to HoAW and will miss her father, and so Kian will be the closest thing she has to a father figure after a while, and so she will take his name, and so The Longest Journey Home begins. 

I think it's an interesting theory.

I hope Kian doesn't become and actual King

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#445 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 December 2015 - 20:23

I hope Kian doesn't become and actual King

I've been mulling this one over. I do think the Bloodless King thing has to refer to Kian. But I'm not sure that means he will actually become a literal king. King of whom? Ayrede? They had a council before, and even with the occupation, Marcuria still has elected officials. The Azadi seem more that type, but even if this overthrows the order there, I can't see them accepting a King. Their society is far too matriarchal. 

I like the idea that it's more metaphorical. And I think it was Indrid who pointed out in another thread that Kian means King in Persian. 

The notion of Kian "adopting" Saga, however, is quite interesting. It's possible. I think we're going to have to find some sort of connection there in Book Five, given RTG teasing about us finally getting some answers there. 

• Abnoxious and the red of the kin like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#446 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 08 December 2015 - 20:53

The notion of Kian "adopting" Saga, however, is quite interesting. It's possible. I think we're going to have to find some sort of connection there in Book Five, given RTG teasing about us finally getting some answers there. 

That thought occured to me.

The TLJ saga is turning into a Grimm's Fairytale. Those were the only fairytales my mother would read to us when we were children (dark isn't it).

If both Mother Utana and the One are killed before the General and Kian return, there would be a void that would need to be filled. At least if the story were retold by the Grimms Brothers, it may very well end that way. Maybe this is where TLJ breaks from the Grimm tradition.

#447 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 21:14

I've been mulling this one over. I do think the Bloodless King thing has to refer to Kian. But I'm not sure that means he will actually become a literal king. King of whom? Ayrede? They had a council before, and even with the occupation, Marcuria still has elected officials. The Azadi seem more that type, but even if this overthrows the order there, I can't see them accepting a King. Their society is far too matriarchal. 

I like the idea that it's more metaphorical. And I think it was Indrid who pointed out in another thread that Kian means King in Persian. 

Zoë is the castle-dweller

Kian the bloodless king

Anna or Saga or April could be the warrior princess?

Zoë is also "bare life" or empty life...but now she's found purpose sooo.....I don't know...

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#448 johnny_gamble

johnny_gamble

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 21:39

My comments on the whole Kian adopting Saga...

1) Do we know that he's older than Saga and that Saga isn't an adult? She's what... 16 in book 4? I don't think she needs a man to look after her. She's already smarter than her 'dad' to the point that it scares him.

2) This assumes a Disney ending where everybody settles down and lives happily ever after. I can't see that happening at the end of book 5.

3) IMO her 'dad' intentionally left his glasses around so that she could escape. She actively mocks 'daddy magic' so clearly she's got her own powers (which we are yet to see). I just don't think she's a little girl who needs help... IMO next time we see her she's going to be a bit older.

4) She's possibly draic kin, and she knows everything about TLJ. My punt is that she's either April Ryan or similar, and that she'll be more important in the next game - not this one.

#449 Lianyu

Lianyu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:13

I will just post a quote of what I wrote in the April thread regarding Anna, and how she sound like she is being voiced by Sarah to me. :P

So yeah I agree that this may be the case. The way she says she's been burned before (Trust issues, sounds very much like April) and the she can trust Kian. It implies they have a deep relationship of some sort which Kian is unaware of. She is also not in support of the rebels but not exactly against them, sounds like April who followed advice and learned her lessons from Dreamfall. She gave up on her holy crusade (which she used as a smoke screen for the pain and her lack of will to live) but she didn't suddenly switch sides. 

I dont think Kian and April are never dying spirits, remeber Cortez said that time is a circle.

#450 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:51

2) This assumes a Disney ending where everybody settles down and lives happily ever after. I can't see that happening at the end of book 5.

And I don't think we'll see a fairy tale ending either. I hope we don't see a war ragin wiout closure either, though.
I think everybody's speculating about threads for future events. 
For instance, I speculate Saga is Lady alvane and Crow will eventually end up with her after everything, but I'm almost sure this won't be at the end of DFC...maybe not even after TLJH (if it ever is made). Simply because they live so many adventures together, before growing old and going back to the HoAW!

Maybe the only true "settlement" we might see is Zoe's...simply because she's been through so much shit and really tried hard to save everybody...she sorta deserves to be cut some slack ;)

3) IMO her 'dad' intentionally left his glasses around so that she could escape. She actively mocks 'daddy magic' so clearly she's got her own powers (which we are yet to see). I just don't think she's a little girl who needs help... IMO next time we see her she's going to be a bit older.

Agreed on the second part of the thought. About the first part...why would Magnus cry when she's gone if he let her go on purpose? He's alone in the house so if he was...evil and wanted her gone, then why fake crying and all? Plus, why let her go now and not before?
It' seems far fetched to me.

4) She's possibly draic kin, and she knows everything about TLJ. My punt is that she's either April Ryan or similar, and that she'll be more important in the next game - not this one.

I always thought Lady Alvane was April. And there are theories stating April = L.Alvane = Saga. The truth is I'm kinda getting tired of this game of speculation: I hope we'll finally get inequivocable answers and not more Venar mumbo-jumbo (jeez! even Zoe tells Ambaxus he's confusing things even more! XD)

#451 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 06 January 2016 - 23:05

in DF Vamon says Kian has no family and no blood - so Bloodless king is definitely about him )

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#452 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 23:47

how much more self-entitled and perverted can you get? to demand love from a complete stranger just because you imagined things about him? and actually threaten him if he rejects you? this is as creepy and sick as it gets.

just switch the roles (let the man be the stalker of an unaware woman) and say it's otherwise!

Oh, I think it could be a whole lot sicker. I'm not saying she's a saint or anything, and she is delusional thinking Kian should be in love with her, but there are/were far worse people out there: Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Ed Gein, Dennis Rader, Jeffrey Dahmer, etc., etc.

I'm not singing her praises. I just think we need to keep some perspective on what's "as sick as it gets". Oh, and don't forget Caligula ;)

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#453 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:45

Anna can be one of Saga's paths. This can leads to Lady Alvane name.

#454 Nathanael

Nathanael

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 January 2016 - 15:50

I really hope that Anna is not connected to Saga in any way. I'm sure that she will not be Kians wife so why she would called herself Lady Alvane? If she would do this because she's obsessed with Kian it would be quite... creepy :)

#455 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 16:04

I don't recall: has the idea of Lady Alvane being Kian's mother been brought up?

• SantaMonica99 likes this

#456 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 16:15

I think I at one point suggested that she might be the mother of both Kian and April.

#457 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 16:19

I think I at one point suggested that she might be the mother of both Kian and April.

Ah, good. Thanks.

#458 SantaMonica99

SantaMonica99

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:00

I don't recall: has the idea of Lady Alvane being Kian's mother been brought up?

Wow, I haven`t heard it before, but thats`s a really cool idea. Kian said that his mother killed herself but "her body was never found". It may mean that this suicide attempt was just a cover-up to go hide in the HoAW.

But if it was in Kian`s childhod, how come Lady Alvane knows April`s story so well? If your theory is true, Lady Alvane must be somehow connected to April or Saga. And know Crow really well.

• Pawlo_86, the red of the kin and Yarrozu like this

My not write by english. Mine land - Russia.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anna, Lady Alvane, Saga, House of All Worlds, HoAW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users